102 replies to this topic

#61 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

Thanks guys. Sorry to hear about your respective situations too. Group hug for moral support.

Posted Image

That black guy did not want to get in there.

#62 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

Always be yourself, but make it exciting.

Instead of just saying, "Yeah, I go to school and I work", say, "I am pursuing my bachelor's degree in biology and biochemistry. Currently doing a practicum at VGH. Not the most glamorous job, but I'm able to see behind the scene...." or something like that.
Short answers will land you a short date. Not saying you have to blabber on non-stop about yourself, but be engaging and get to the point without being long-winded. The stuff you talk about, it might be cool to you or you have a real opinion about it, but unless it's actually enjoyable for other person to listen to, it's just gonna bored them out.
I have a buddy who just goes on and on when it's a topic he likes to talk about and he goes off to a tangent to explain himself.
"Oh, Las Vegas? I've always heard about it but I have never been there before. Maybe someday. In Nevada. America just seems like a place in decline. I think the reason for it is because of economics. Let me tell you, I think the US system needs to change. But what to change? A party that is willing do what is best for the country. I do not think the current leader will do what's needed......"
And he goes off for like a minute in a slow and steady pace speaking in a monotone voice and in the end, it basically kills the original conversation which is just swapping travel stories (good way to know more about each other).

Long story short.... don't be boring.

#63 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

any luck so far?
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#64 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

That black guy did not want to get in there.

It was all just an act. Everyone wants David Tennant. http://youtu.be/lyy0aN0fQk4

Always be yourself, but make it exciting.
Long story short.... don't be boring.

ty L. I'm prob not boring but more negative than anything. Me thinks your buddy talks like how I teach. lol
“Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time.” ― Asha Tyson

#65 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

any luck so far?

dang it A! ... no. :sadno:
might help if I logged on there more than I log onto cdc though.
guess i'm just not invested yet.
screw you! go away! is probably not the correct sentiment entering the dating field.
“Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time.” ― Asha Tyson

#66 :D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

Are you beating them off with a stick yet? Are any of them beating YOU off?

I signed up for eHarmony and I have been getting like five emails a day for them. This is crazy.

#67 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

what is this talk of beating.. B)

D, when you meet and marry your dream asian child bride from EH, let me know and I'll dig up some cash and sign up too. ...JR and his marketing!

And no, I haven't logged on in awhile. Couldn't keep up with responding to all the emails/messages and dealing with life too so just.. stopped logging on. I will head back in a bit.. maybe.. just too many social activities with the holiday season.

Any luck on the EH front?

#68 :D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

what is this talk of beating.. B)

D, when you meet and marry your dream asian child bride from EH, let me know and I'll dig up some cash and sign up too. ...JR and his marketing!

And no, I haven't logged on in awhile. Couldn't keep up with responding to all the emails/messages and dealing with life too so just.. stopped logging on. I will head back in a bit.. maybe.. just too many social activities with the holiday season.

Any luck on the EH front?

No, I like POF better. It feels more open compared to eHarmony's constant emails, and jumping through hoops on their site.

#69 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

One of my friends has been finding dates on okcupid. Seems like it's going well so far. I see what you mean about the emails but POF sends them too! Good thing they go to my spam email so aren't a nuisance.

#70 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

I have got some action on pof. But I did get a stalker from it as well
Posted Image

#71 That's What She Said

That's What She Said

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Don't be like these people: http://okcgoldmine.tumblr.com/
Why not Zoidberg? (\/)(°,,,°)(\/)

#72 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,193 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

I have to say...I've been scrolling through these for half an hour now and I'm sure most of them are fake. Still hilarious though.

Posted Image

Genius.

#73 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

I have got some action on pof. But I did get a stalker from it as well

stalker.. well that sounds scary. yeah, it's the crazies that scare me.

well, at least those questions are effective in telling people to stay away from them. lol

#74 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Seriously, the more you use pof the more options you'll get. My mistake was to give one lady my #. The calls and texts have been constant for a week now. I'm sure she will get the message soon though. Not that big of a deal so far.
Posted Image

#75 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

Seriously, the more you use pof the more options you'll get. My mistake was to give one lady my #. The calls and texts have been constant for a week now. I'm sure she will get the message soon though. Not that big of a deal so far.

So no numbers then? Just stick to emails until you weed out the crazy, eh?

I dunno. I'm of the mindset that all women are crazy. Some are just better at masking it for longer periods of time than others.

#76 :D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

We should date, then you won't have to worry about what is happening on okcupid

#77 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

We should date, then you won't have to worry about what is happening on okcupid

way to go starting on that cdc resolution dee. :emot-parrot:

#78 :D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

way to go starting on that cdc resolution dee. :emot-parrot:

I don't want to leave it until the end of the year then start looking desperate.
I have my pride.

#79 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

I don't want to leave it until the end of the year then start looking desperate.
I have my pride.

ironically, i thought that That's What She Said was an alternate account for you a year or two ago.
that's got to say something.

#80 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

My advice is...find another source for online dating guidance than CDC. :P just kidding guys ;)
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#81 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,131 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Tell them you have a homie that will draw a cartoon of them if they go on a date with you. Bribery always works.

Posted Image

#82 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

My advice is...find another source for online dating guidance than CDC. :P just kidding guys ;)

are you saying that i should not value the opinions and experiences of our fellow peers??!!! GASP

Tell them you have a homie that will draw a cartoon of them if they go on a date with you. Bribery always works.

i will try to work it into my opening line.

You're cute. You would look really good as a cartoon. I know someone who can make it happen you know. *wink*
hello? HELLO?? are you there???

#83 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

anyone know of any courses on how to be charming, flirty and funny?

these sorts of things really should have been part of the mandatory high school curriculum.

#84 That's What She Said

That's What She Said

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

ironically, i thought that That's What She Said was an alternate account for you a year or two ago.

Why??
Why not Zoidberg? (\/)(°,,,°)(\/)

#85 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Why??

i dunno.. maybe your posts seemed so similar in style, or dog related.. really couldn't tell ya. my memory is like a sieve.

#86 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,193 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

anyone know of any courses on how to be charming, flirty and funny?

these sorts of things really should have been part of the mandatory high school curriculum.

I can't vouch for it personally, but I've seen this site posted a couple times here and there. I checked it out and it seemed kind of cheesy, but I don't know. Maybe you'll take something away from it.

http://www.stylelife.com/

He has a book as well and even though it seems to be rated pretty well, I've never actually read it so I couldn't tell you much more than that. :P

#87 :D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

that's got to say something.

Yeah, we're super compatible. It amazes me that we aren't already hooking up on the reg.

Edit: and I've only ever had one alternate account. Back when emoticons in usernames would still show up when quoted, I was :mrgreen: (Mr Green)

Edited by :D, 03 January 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#88 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

I can't vouch for it personally, but I've seen this site posted a couple times here and there. I checked it out and it seemed kind of cheesy, but I don't know. Maybe you'll take something away from it.

http://www.stylelife.com/

He has a book as well and even though it seems to be rated pretty well, I've never actually read it so I couldn't tell you much more than that. :P

hey thanks for that I. I think that I might have looked into that company awhile ago when it was featured on tv/news/groupon but maybe it was a diff company. Anyway, I did read through some of the blog posts on there and some of it was interesting.

well, i did take some progressive steps. i closed the chapter on an ongoing irl crush today and i feel relief at coming back into balance. looked at some online profiles and am amazed at how unreal all these people seem. do you really have ALL of those interests and activities?? there are lots of women in canucks jerseys and lots of men holding babies (presumably not their own).

#89 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

I'm not the most optimistic of people around so I was delighted to have loser/loser chats with my lawyery coworkers yesterday.

Everyone's single, depressed, stressed, struggling to financially support and emotionally support aging parents and lonely as f***.

You know what one guy advised? "Stay away from those online dating sites. Those people are online daters; they're not real."

i loled.

#90 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,131 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

I don't know if it make you feel better, but here's an online date for you :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.