The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Online dating newb seeks guidance from cdc

Mainly Mattias

Always be yourself, but make it exciting.

Instead of just saying, "Yeah, I go to school and I work", say, "I am pursuing my bachelor's degree in biology and biochemistry. Currently doing a practicum at VGH. Not the most glamorous job, but I'm able to see behind the scene...." or something like that.

Short answers will land you a short date. Not saying you have to blabber on non-stop about yourself, but be engaging and get to the point without being long-winded. The stuff you talk about, it might be cool to you or you have a real opinion about it, but unless it's actually enjoyable for other person to listen to, it's just gonna bored them out.

I have a buddy who just goes on and on when it's a topic he likes to talk about and he goes off to a tangent to explain himself.

"Oh, Las Vegas? I've always heard about it but I have never been there before. Maybe someday. In Nevada. America just seems like a place in decline. I think the reason for it is because of economics. Let me tell you, I think the US system needs to change. But what to change? A party that is willing do what is best for the country. I do not think the current leader will do what's needed......"

And he goes off for like a minute in a slow and steady pace speaking in a monotone voice and in the end, it basically kills the original conversation which is just swapping travel stories (good way to know more about each other).

Long story short.... don't be boring.

what is this talk of beating.. B)

D, when you meet and marry your dream asian child bride from EH, let me know and I'll dig up some cash and sign up too. ...JR and his marketing!

And no, I haven't logged on in awhile. Couldn't keep up with responding to all the emails/messages and dealing with life too so just.. stopped logging on. I will head back in a bit.. maybe.. just too many social activities with the holiday season.

Any luck on the EH front?

what is this talk of beating.. B)

D, when you meet and marry your dream asian child bride from EH, let me know and I'll dig up some cash and sign up too. ...JR and his marketing!

And no, I haven't logged on in awhile. Couldn't keep up with responding to all the emails/messages and dealing with life too so just.. stopped logging on. I will head back in a bit.. maybe.. just too many social activities with the holiday season.

Any luck on the EH front?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived