Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

Fox interview ends after author criticizes network

Associated Press4 hrs ago

http://news.yahoo.co...-223249832.html

NEW YORK (AP) — A Fox News Channel interview ended abruptly Monday after an author accused the network of hyping the killing of four Americans in Benghazi, Libya, and "operating as a wing of the Republican Party."

The charges were made by Thomas Ricks, a veteran newspaper reporter and author of "The Generals," who was brought on for an interview with anchor Jon Scott about GOP criticism of U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice's comments about the attacks.

Ricks said he thought the story of the Benghazi attacks was "hyped, by this network especially."
Scott asked why Ricks would call it hype when four Americans were killed, including the first U.S. ambassador in more than 30 years.

Ricks responded that few people knew how many U.S. security contractors were killed in Iraq and compared that to the attention paid to "what was essentially a small firefight" in Libya.

"I think that the emphasis on Benghazi has been extremely political, partly because Fox was operating as a wing of the Republican Party," Ricks said.

With that, Scott thanked him and turned to a co-anchor, who introduced a commercial.

"When Mr. Ricks ignored the anchor's question, it became clear that his goal was to bring attention to himself and his book," Fox News executive Michael Clemente said.

#2 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Cool
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#3 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,791 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Ricks is a man with integrity, something of which FOX has limited acquaintance .. "truth to power", Rupert!!

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#4 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Atta boy Ricks! Sounds like he kind of snuck it in the interview too. The fact that Fox just shut him down after that gives the viewer the impression that Fox can't account for it's own reporting.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#5 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

did they violate freedom of speech??? I guess they can't let the truth be let out since Fox is Republican and hates Obama

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#6 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

lol this network is unbelievable. They have literally let "analysts" say Obama was a Muslim and talk about how a Muslim or black guy can't run their country, but THIS is over the line?? Give me a break

#7 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,724 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

Anyone who thinks this should have continued is a wingnut. Try calling into any major media outlet and bashing them - see how many seconds you last before being cut off.

Once again, CDC heaps crap onto something just because it's got the word FOX in it...

Edited by Common sense, 26 November 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#8 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Anyone who thinks this should have continued is a wingnut. Try calling into any major media outlet and bashing them - see how many seconds you last before being cut off.

Once again, CDC heaps crap onto something just because it's got the word FOX in it...

He raised an interesting point. It was not baseless FOX bashing.

If it was a conservative news anchor who actually had a rebuttal as to why FOX paid so much less attention on security contractors killed in Iraq, he would not have cut him off.

It had more to do with FOX not knowing what to say. Less to do with baseless defamation.

Btw, I don't think Cooper would have done this EVEN if he did not have a rebuttal. Or any news anchor with integrity. Believe it or not, some anchors care more about the journalism. Less about the network.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#9 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,791 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

POT .. MEET KETTLE .. c'mon CS .. yer just "winging" it .. :lol:

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#10 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,724 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

POT .. MEET KETTLE .. c'mon CS .. yer just "winging" it ..

I'll repeat what I said - "Once again, CDC heaps crap onto something just because it's got the word FOX in it."

#11 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,791 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

I'll repeat what I said - "Once again, CDC heaps crap onto something just because it's got the word FOX in it."

Do you agree or disagree with Ricks? .. and I think Megan Fox is lovely .. and I love foxes that eat food from my hand in the bush .. and I love Hendrix version of Foxy Lady .. but Faux News? .. get real ..

#12 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

POPULAR

Jon Stewart owns CNN live many, many times and doesn't get cut off. CNN is hardly a paragon of integrity but they are miles ahead of FOX in this regard.
Posted Image

#13 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

Generally I don't see people cut off.. especially like this. Wonder who can possibly fall for this network's "Fair and Balanced" gimmick.

#14 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,418 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

One would assume that the producers would have some idea of what Ricks was all about. If they were completely blindsided by his comments and didn't have a better response than to cut him off, it speaks more to their lack of preparation and ability to think on the fly on the part of the anchor than it does to their lack of tact, IMO.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#15 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,579 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

fair and balanced, as long as you're a republican.

#16 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,478 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

did they violate freedom of speech??? I guess they can't let the truth be let out since Fox is Republican and hates Obama

No they didn't violate it. He can say whatever he wants but they don't have to put it on the air. Selective journalism is one of the few things fox news is really really good at.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,221 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

When Mr. Ricks ignored the anchor's question, it became clear that his goal was to bring attention to himself and his book," Fox News executive Michael Clemente said.

As opposed to every other time an author is interviewed...
Posted Image

#18 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,579 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

As opposed to every other time an author is interviewed...

yeah, those authors, always going on media tours to promote their book and then using a scheduled interview during said tour to try to promote it... the nerve!

up next on fox news: more authors with books to sell, but we promise, they'll be republican authors.

#19 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

http://youtu.be/K_qJiReI8hU

Jon Stewart owns CNN live many, many times and doesn't get cut off. CNN is hardly a paragon of integrity but they are miles ahead of FOX in this regard.

Jon Stewart seems really arrogant in this video...

/=S=/

#20 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,459 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Jon Stewart seems really arrogant in this video...

When you're dead right you're allowed to be cocky.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.