The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your Perfect Luongo Trade?

Garrett-6

Off the map.

Luongo and a mid round pick to Ottawa for Cowen and Neil.

The Sens have a stable of young blueliners - Karlsson, Lee, Rundblad, Ceci and a solid core of vets - they could afford to move one :bigblush:

and Neil - gotta get this guy...

I know - Ottawa doesn't seem to be in the market for a goaltender - I don't care - this is a deal I'd like to see.

Luongo and Gaunce for Crawford, Frolik, Olesz, Montador and Beach.

Luongo retires after a few seasons with us and 1-2 Cups, his cap hit for the remainder of this contract then gets applied to the Canucks (as offered in some CBA proposals).

My intention was never to make the trade realistic, I was just having some fun. It looks like you are doing the same based on your proposal. Morin is tradable (I know that's not a real word), but Danault and McNeill (my favourite prosect) are not.

With any Luongo deal the Canucks will have to take some salary back. There's no way a team takes on a cap hit of $5+ million withuot giving any back.

I would honestly be happy dumping Luongo just for the cap space and try to get a 2nd rounder + good prospect and maybe a decent roster play in return.

Realistically (and realistically the only team remotely interested are the Leafs) I'd do:

To Toronto: Luongo, Sauve

To Vancouver: Bozak + 2nd OR Frattin + Franson + 2nd

I would honestly be happy dumping Luongo just for the cap space and try to get a 2nd rounder + good prospect and maybe a decent roster play in return.

Realistically (and realistically the only team remotely interested are the Leafs) I'd do:

To Toronto: Luongo, Sauve

To Vancouver: Bozak + 2nd OR Frattin + Franson + 2nd

Archived