Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Your Perfect Luongo Trade?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#31 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

::D
You sure managed to find some dead weight salary to send back!! $12 million worth haha. The Canucks don't have enough disappointing, overpaid spare parts to counter that deal with, but at least you threw Crawford in there, otherwise the rest adds up to a Luongo and Gaunce for $10 million worth of AHLers...

I beg to differ.

Ballard, Raymond, Booth and Malhotra all have close to none if not negative value.

#32 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,971 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

I beg to differ.

Ballard, Raymond, Booth and Malhotra all have close to none if not negative value.

Come on. Booth is capable of 25+ goals and 50-60 points. I'm sure he would've scored 25 goals if he didn't get injured. He's a very solid top six winger. And before Manny's injury he was one of the best third line centers in the NHL.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#33 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Luongo + Tanev for Seabrook. Never going to happen, but w/e

Hamhuis - Seabrook
Garrison - Bieksa
Edler - some homeless guy on the streets, dont even need a 6th D with those players.

Ship Ballard out to Nashville for a 3rd
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#34 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,971 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Luongo + Tanev for Seabrook. Never going to happen, but w/e

Hamhuis - Seabrook
Garrison - Bieksa
Edler - some homeless guy on the streets, dont even need a 6th D with those players.

Ship Ballard out to Nashville for a 3rd

Edler's too good to play on the third pair. Why not package him for Weber? We could go with an all BC top 4

Hamhuis - Weber
Bieksa/Garrison - Seabrook
Connauton - Garrison/Bieksa

Just imagine how nasty a Bieksa-Seabrook pair would be.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#35 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Come on. Booth is capable of 25+ goals and 50-60 points. I'm sure he would've scored 25 goals if he didn't get injured. He's a very solid top six winger. And before Manny's injury he was one of the best third line centers in the NHL.

Booth gets paid too much for too long. He needs to hit 30 to have decent value. He had a little over half that last season.

Before Malhotra's injury. Enough said.

#36 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,487 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

No thanks. I like Luongo and wouldn't mind him on the team but Hossa is a special player and I won't give him up. Next to Toews Hossa is our best 2-way forward. As much as I like Luongo I don't see a deal where he ends up in Chicago.

Exactly why a Chi-Van Luongo trade won't happen, we will want to get something good if we trade him too you, and you guys don't wanna give up any of your core players. So I just don't see it.

I beg to differ.

Booth has value for sure, a solid top 6 forward, would have gotten 20 goals easily if he wasn't out for so long.

Manny is a solid 3rd liner, and alot of teams would feel blessed to have him on the 4th line like we do.

Raymond has little value but still some, basicly the exact same value Higgins had before he was traded here, maybe a bit less. But it's same situation.

Ballard, it depends what team you ask and how badly they need to defense, his cap hit is a big negative but he is a much better defensemen than people here give him credit for. I think he does still have some value, around the same as Raymond.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 28 November 2012 - 11:11 PM.

zackass.png

#37 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,129 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

Luongo for Luke and Brayden Schenn and Philly's next 3 first round draft picks.

You didn't say the trade had to make sense for the other team..... ;)
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#38 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

I would honestly be happy dumping Luongo just for the cap space and try to get a 2nd rounder + good prospect and maybe a decent roster play in return.

Realistically (and realistically the only team remotely interested are the Leafs) I'd do:

To Toronto: Luongo, Sauve
To Vancouver: Bozak + 2nd OR Frattin + Franson + 2nd
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#39 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

I would honestly be happy dumping Luongo just for the cap space and try to get a 2nd rounder + good prospect and maybe a decent roster play in return.

Realistically (and realistically the only team remotely interested are the Leafs) I'd do:

To Toronto: Luongo, Sauve
To Vancouver: Bozak + 2nd OR Frattin + Franson + 2nd

That seems realistic.
We should probably feel fortunate to get a package like this for Luongo considering what we gave up to get him in the first place.

#40 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

To Van: JVR, Biggs, Franson
To TO: Lu, Raymond, Shroeder, Sauve, 3rd

To Van: Rielly
To TO: Lu, 3rd

More Realistic:
To Van: Bozak, Biggs, Franson
To TO: Lu, Sauve

#41 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,786 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

I beg to differ.

yeah well every GM in the NHL would give you Frolik, Olesz, Montador and Beach for them.
those Hawks are borderline AHL players - the Canucks you mentioned are all valuable roster players that could play for any team in the NHL.

if you want to talk negative value, Horcoff, Hemsky, Eager, Belanger....

Edited by oldnews, 29 November 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#42 Chronic.Canucks.Fan

Chronic.Canucks.Fan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

This! We should also try to get Stamkos!

Edit: Haha, imagine having Crosby on the first line, Malkin on the second, Stamkos on the third and Henrik on the fourth...

PP1:

Stamkos-Crosby-Malkin
Hank-Dank

:bigblush:

#43 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,971 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

PP1:

Stamkos-Crosby-Malkin
Hank-Dank

:bigblush:

No no no you're doing it wrong. This is how it's supposed to look

Sedin - Crosby - Sedin
Stamkos - Geno

There we go ;)

#44 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,572 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

I beg to differ.

Connor; is your aspiration to manage a crack house?

Chipping in on Kassian's cpmments;

Ballard is a perfectly fine defenceman stuck behind Edler and Hamhuis. He's second pair at worst on 70% of teams and has world class speed. Plus he's funny! There are comparable contracts all over the league. His cap is only a problem for us on 3rd pair...

Raymond; any bets we would get a 2knd round pick for him if there was a so called deadline this year (not that we would be selling)? A plus player with world class speed and 50 points on his resume for $2 mill? We would give that up to get him as depth for a run. Again the problem with Raymond, like Ballard is we did not trade him when we no longer needed him regularly and he's behind better guys. Our league, with lower cap coming, will see expiring contracts as having more and more value in the future; check recent trades in the NBA...

Malhotra? Maybe a point; but perhaps with an off season to train his recovery will see some legs? Moot point though for several reasons starting with an NTC clause and an expiring contract. We would keep him for any run this year as he free's up much of the Twin's O'zone draws by effectively taking all our D ones. Trade value no, but actually valuable to us.

Booth? Great contract no, but a 215 lb absolute stud athlete with 30 goal / 60 point potential (without being on a first line or getting premium PP minutes) is actually still a very valuable asset. What he needs is a play maker on his line. He was brought in for size and athleticism so him and Kesler could physically have the wherewithal to dual with top lines like Getzlaf/Perry/Ryan or Thornton's line. We would be in a hole without him, he's so valuable he will CANNOT be traded unless that element is replaced.

:picard: :sick: :sadno:

Booth has value for sure, a solid top 6 forward, would have gotten 20 goals easily if he wasn't out for so long.

Manny is a solid 3rd liner, and alot of teams would feel blessed to have him on the 4th line like we do.

Raymond has little value but still some, basicly the exact same value Higgins had before he was traded here, maybe a bit less. But it's same situation.

Ballard, it depends what team you ask and how badly they need to defense, his cap hit is a big negative but he is a much better defensemen than people here give him credit for. I think he does still have some value, around the same as Raymond.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 29 November 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#45 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,487 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Connor; is your aspiration to manage a crack house?

Chipping in on Kassian's cpmments;

Ballard is a perfectly fine defenceman stuck behind Edler and Hamhuis. He's second pair at worst on 70% of teams and has world class speed. Plus he's funny! There are comparable contracts all over the league. His cap is only a problem for us on 3rd pair...

Raymond; any bets we would get a 2knd round pick for him if there was a so called deadline this year (not that we would be selling)? A plus player with world class speed and 50 points on his resume for $2 mill? We would give that up to get him as depth for a run. Again the problem with Raymond, like Ballard is we did not trade him when we no longer needed him regularly and he's behind better guys. Our league, with lower cap coming, will see expiring contracts as having more and more value in the future; check recent trades in the NBA...

Malhotra? Maybe a point; but perhaps with an off season to train his recovery will see some legs? Moot point though for several reasons starting with an NTC clause and an expiring contract. We would keep him for any run this year as he free's up much of the Twin's O'zone draws by effectively taking all our D ones. Trade value no, but actually valuable to us.

Booth? Great contract no, but a 215 lb absolute stud athlete with 30 goal / 60 point potential (without being on a first line or getting premium PP minutes) is actually still a very valuable asset. What he needs is a play maker on his line. He was brought in for size and athleticism so him and Kesler could physically have the wherewithal to dual with top lines like Getzlaf/Perry/Ryan or Thornton's line. We would be in a hole without him, he's so valuable he will CANNOT be traded unless that element is replaced.

:picard: :sick: :sadno:

Wow I agree with everything, I happy someone has the same view points as me.

Ballard is a huge advantage for us to have a player of that calibre on the 3rd pair IMO, and the chemistry with Tanev only makes them both better and our defense core better overall. Maybe not worth the contract but we can handle it and still have room so it is no issue for me, plus he is capable of moving up the line-up and playing in a better position to earn that money.

Raymond I think we could garner around the same return that Florida got for Higgins, maybe a 2nd if a team was desperate, but currently I think a 3rd+ is more reasonable. Although I do think he is capable of being the player he once was.

Malhotra missed his entire summer training last summer, so he should be better whenever hockey gets going, he is still great on faceoffs, great on the PK, skates well, brings leadership and intangables, and he's not a great offensive player but I think he posses good enough offensive skill to be a 3rd liner, he's by no means useless IMO.

Booth I agree 100% on, he's something we don't have in any other player on our roster. A rare comity that is entertaining and can still create chances and be effective physically even when he isn't on his A game. I don't see anyway we can trade him.

zackass.png

#46 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,572 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

Cheers!

Although I would look at upgrades with Ballard if the chance arose. Realistically for a big ugly right side defender, but?

Should the league actually place that rule about optioning to keep or send both half the salary, or half the cap (or both with multiple teams); it would allow cash rich teams like Vancouver some interesting trades. One that I dreamt up, lets call it my ideal trade;

- Lou and Ballard for Campbell and Bjugstad. We would pay half Ballard (not Lou's) salary, and they would absorb half of Campbell's cap. (Just shy of $6 mill in cap relief for us net). They certainly get better, and financial relief (Lou and 1/2 Ballards salary is almost identical to Campbell's) which makes it attractive. Ballards salary also expires almost exactly when all their young guns come off ELC's. We are easily better now, get our money back in long play off runs (plus have cap money for deadline deals), and in the future with Bjuggy! Win /Win trade!
:towel:

Wow I agree with everything, I happy someone has the same view points as me.

Ballard is a huge advantage for us to have a player of that calibre on the 3rd pair IMO, and the chemistry with Tanev only makes them both better and our defense core better overall. Maybe not worth the contract but we can handle it and still have room so it is no issue for me, plus he is capable of moving up the line-up and playing in a better position to earn that money.

Raymond I think we could garner around the same return that Florida got for Higgins, maybe a 2nd if a team was desperate, but currently I think a 3rd+ is more reasonable. Although I do think he is capable of being the player he once was.

Malhotra missed his entire summer training last summer, so he should be better whenever hockey gets going, he is still great on faceoffs, great on the PK, skates well, brings leadership and intangables, and he's not a great offensive player but I think he posses good enough offensive skill to be a 3rd liner, he's by no means useless IMO.

Booth I agree 100% on, he's something we don't have in any other player on our roster. A rare comity that is entertaining and can still create chances and be effective physically even when he isn't on his A game. I don't see anyway we can trade him.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 30 November 2012 - 07:19 AM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.