The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Homework Thread 2.0

UMB

• 1 month later...

Need help with some ECON:

The Industrial Revolution saw a massive transformation from land-based technologies to capital-based ones. At the beginning, there was very little capital. The new capital intensive technologies created a capital premium, thus increasing profits. This, in turn, caused returns to labor to stay low.

This is apparently an explanation behind the cause of "Engel's Pause?"

I have no idea what this means. Especially the part where it says "capital premium."

^sorry dude you're on your own there haha

Anybody know how to factor this quadratic equation I am a bit stuck

15e^2-7e-2

Edit: Figured it out

Sorry man I was on holidays when you posted this. For anyone with math questions don't be afraid to PM me, i'll be more likely to notice.

for the interest of anyone reading the thread, the quadratic factors as (3e-2)(5e+1) using the ac method

• 2 weeks later...

I have to write an essay on globalization and sovereignty - I am here to look for different opinions and views.

The questions is: With the dramatic rise of globalization, does the concept of sovereignty still have a role to play? Should it or not?

Obviously it's a research essay and I'm not asking you guys to write one for me, just looking for different POVs.

I have to write an essay on globalization and sovereignty - I am here to look for different opinions and views.

The questions is: With the dramatic rise of globalization, does the concept of sovereignty still have a role to play? Should it or not?

Obviously it's a research essay and I'm not asking you guys to write one for me, just looking for different POVs.

Wow, is that for POLI 100? I guess Erickson uses the same questions every year :lol:

As for the question itself, you could look into Switzerland and their independence from the EU and argue that sovereignty is still significant. Canada's protests against NAFTA? You could argue that sovereignty is necessary because states have many different interests. Take a look at Samuel Huntington's article "Clash of Civilizations." I did a different question last year so yeah...don't know if that even helps.

Need help with some ECON:

The Industrial Revolution saw a massive transformation from land-based technologies to capital-based ones. At the beginning, there was very little capital. The new capital intensive technologies created a capital premium, thus increasing profits. This, in turn, caused returns to labor to stay low.

This is apparently an explanation behind the cause of "Engel's Pause?"

I have no idea what this means. Especially the part where it says "capital premium."

This was an essay I had to write for my high school law class.

Wow, is that for POLI 100? I guess Erickson uses the same questions every year :lol:

As for the question itself, you could look into Switzerland and their independence from the EU and argue that sovereignty is still significant. Canada's protests against NAFTA? You could argue that sovereignty is necessary because states have many different interests. Take a look at Samuel Huntington's article "Clash of Civilizations." I did a different question last year so yeah...don't know if that even helps.

Yep, you guessed it.

I think one of the other three questions is about Hobbes, Locke, and Marx on a bus. The other one about neoliberals and open market or something.

What was yours about?

If you ever need anatomy help, this is a pretty cool website: zygotebody.com

You can switch the sliders on the left-hand side so that they only show the systems that you want. If you want to look at just the bones you can do that or you could look at the bones and muscle at the same time, etc. You can also click a structure to isolate it from everything. You can delete structures to see what is below it by pressing 'control+ clicking on structure'. It's a pretty neat program and it's free. I never understood how the structures in the brain actually looked until I used it.

Archived