The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Schneider signs with Ambri Piotta

DW23

here's the link

http://www.blick.ch/sport/eishockey/nla/cory-schneider-in-die-valascia-id2121144.html

considering that he is apparently half Swiss this means he counts as a Swiss player and they are still allowed to use 4 foreigners which is pretty huge over here.

hope he does better than Max Pacioretty. after all, Ambri is quite the bad team here in Switzerland. But since they had Schaefer as their no 1, it's safe to say he'll be the clear no 1 and will get lots of playing time

I'll definitely go and watch him play

It is the 26-year-old Cory Schneider, a Swiss-American dual citizen who is thus loaded the Immigration Quota of Ticino and not normally plays for the Vancouver Canucks.

Schneider debuted in 2008 in the NHL. In the last two seasons, he has established himself as getting better expectant backup of the famous Roberto Luongo. Schneider pointed out in the last season (33 games), a quota of 93.6 percent at 1.96 goals against per game on (three shutouts). He finished second in the respective rankings of the NHL places 2 third respectively In the playoffs, Schneider increased in three appearances even at impressive 96 percent thwarted shots and 1.31 goals per game.

The 1.88 m wide Schneider is considered extremely agile butterfly goalie. He had been in 2004 NHL Draft drawn in the first round by the Canucks. Ambris current main goalkeeper is the Canada-Swiss Nolan Schaefer. (Si

Did it for you DW23

So he's signed until the end of December, but if the lockout ends in time to start games for the 15th, then he's going to miss 2 weeks of hockey? He can probably defect from the deal over there and come right back, I'm just curious as to how binding this deal is.

All things considered I guess it's not a horrible thing to have Luongo start for 2 weeks.

Archived