147 replies to this topic

#1 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

The change is one step closer for Palestine Statehood. For Palestine Statehood, it must pass the Security Council, which is impossible due to the US Veto.

The change in status to Non-member Observer makes Palestine on par with the Vatican.

Only a simple majority is needed for the change and there are more than enough countries on side with to vote yes. Most countries are in favour, with the US and a few other countries oppose. Canada is one that will vote no.

In Europe, countries that will vote yes include France, Austria, Swizerland, Denmark, and Portugal. Germany will vote no. Britain and Spain has yet to announce.

http://www.independe...er-8363325.html

Q & A from BBC to help understand the situation:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-13701636

Edited by DonLever, 28 November 2012 - 06:18 AM.

#2 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

Thanks for posting this .. baby steps I believe .. I do not see where it hurts anyone except perhaps Hamas ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#3 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Canada and the US sleeping together in bed. I'm surprised that Canada doesn't bend over more.

Disappointing that politics comes in the way of free-thinking and righteous action.
Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#4 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,634 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

Its a shame that Canada would vote no.

#5 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

Canada and the US sleeping together in bed. I'm surprised that Canada doesn't bend over more.

Disappointing that politics comes in the way of free-thinking and righteous action.

There is some question as to what that brown ring is around Harper's face .. a rectal halo from arse kissing some think? ..

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#6 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

Islamic states are some of the best places in the world. I think we should create another.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#7 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Its official. Harper say Canada will vote no.

http://www.thestar.c...l-and-palestine

#8 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,674 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Yeah...piss off the Yankees and cut off trade relations with them. Who's next...China?

#9 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Canada and the US sleeping together in bed.

It's called being 'Allies' and its been that way for some time. Personally I'm happy with everyone we are in bed with considering other options. China... Russia... Or maybe a new peacefully Islamic Palestinian state. I never voted for Harper but I'm glad we booted out the Iranian embassy. Strengthened our ties with Israel. And now voted against Hamas who don't deserve their own state.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

#10 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

It's called being 'Allies' and its been that way for some time. Personally I'm happy with everyone we are in bed with considering other options. China... Russia... Or maybe a new peacefully Islamic Palestinian state. I never voted for Harper but I'm glad we booted out the Iranian embassy. Strengthened our ties with Israel. And now voted against Hamas who don't deserve their own state.

It's actually the Palestinian authority that is pushing for this. Hamas is quite angry about it as it further deligitimizes them.

#11 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

It's actually the Palestinian authority that is pushing for this. Hamas is quite angry about it as it further deligitimizes them.

Ah I see. Thanks for that information.

#12 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Yeah...piss off the Yankees and cut off trade relations with them. Who's next...China?

You are like Quixote tilting at a windmill .. no-one seemed to suggest cut off anything yet .. tho that Chinese market appears awful appealing, since they are buying up our resources faster than a Neo-con can say "bomb em" ..

#13 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

If voting Yes would have cut off trade relations with US-Canada, then our relations are a joke.

We already bend over for anything US, send our troops marching into Afghanistan for US interests.

The US's blind support of Israel is something we should stay clear of. But I doubt that will happen since Israeli interests seem to be more value to our politicians than our own sovereign interests.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

#14 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

POPULAR

With all due respect, Ed, this comment again reflects complete lack of knowledge of the history and reality; both historic and current. You are simply commenting based on emotion from what is fed to you by the riling up of the mainstream media narrative as well as staunch pro-zionists like Pat Condell (do you not find it odd that a devout atheist would incessantly support a nation based on so-called 'religious ideology' in such vile and inflammatory manner?).

Canada is not 'strengthening' their ties with Israel. They are bending over to their zionist masters so that they do not destroy them politically and publicly. This is how North American politics work. Political survival, not justice and rights.

I remember a couple of years back when zionists themselves were posting on the CJPAC website about how Harper is a slave and how CJPAC has control of the Canadian government like AIPAC does in the USA.

Forget about supporting Palestine, Canada needs to liberate itself from zionist occupation.

"Capitol Hill is Israeli occupied territory" (Pat Buchanan)

"Israel defines US politics" (Alexander Cockburn)

And Canada merely follows suit like a desperate poodle.

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

rsz_theylive.jpg 11477626583_2368927097.jpg  7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#15 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

You are correct about the PA pushing for this but not about Hamas. Don't feel too bad, at least you got one thing correct (which is still a distinct rarity from you on geopolitical issues both past and present).

Hamas backs Abbas UN move in rare show of Palestinian unity

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#16 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Australia to abstain from Palestinian vote

By Alexandra Kirk and staff
Updated Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:45pm AEDT

Posted Image Photo: Bob Carr says Australia's decision will not affect its relationship with the US. (AAP: Lukas Coch)

Australia will abstain from a vote later this week on whether the Palestinian territories should be granted observer status at the United Nations.
The issue has prompted heated debate among Labor MPs, with some in the Left suggesting a vote in favour of the Palestinian territories would promote peace.
The ABC understands Julia Gillard wanted to vote against the plan but was under pressure from her party to vote yes.
Backbencher Andrew Leigh planned to put a motion to today's caucus meeting calling for Australia to back Palestinian membership, but withdrew it once Ms Gillard proposed Australia abstain from the UN vote.
Foreign Affairs Minister Bob Carr says the Prime Minister has shown strong leadership over the issue and that voting no would have indicated Australia did not support Palestinian statehood in any context.
He says Ms Gillard made the right decision in deciding Australia would abstain.
"I saw a Prime Minister engaging with party opinion, listening to what people had to say from all over the nation, and from every corner of Labor opinion and doing what good leaders do, and that is speak for the whole party," he said.
"This vote had become a referendum on the idea of a Palestinian state, and if we'd voted no it would be widely interpreted that we don't support Palestinian statehood."
A clear majority of countries is expected to support the resolution, however abstaining puts Australia in a different position to Israel, which opposes granting the territories observer status.
'Cause of peace'

I genuinely believed (voting no) would be a foreign policy catastrophe and one of the worst decisions we could possibly make if we were to go down this particular path.
Former foreign minister Gareth Evans

Former foreign minister Gareth Evans has been briefing MPs, and former prime minister Bob Hawke made his views known.
Both are strong supporters of Israel, but they are in favour of Palestinian observer status.
Mr Evans says he thinks Israel has misread the situation by not recognising that the best way to shore up the Palestinian National Authority is to support the resolution.
He told Alexandra Kirk from PM that if they did not, the wind would be in Hamas's sails.
"My very strong view was that to vote no on this resolution would be not to help the cause of peace, not to help Israel, and to be putting Australia absolutely on the wrong side of history in terms of our region and in terms of our capacity to be a credible and effective performer on the Security Council over the next two years," he said.
"I genuinely believed that this would be a foreign policy catastrophe and one of the worst decisions we could possibly make if we were to go down this particular path."
Professor Evans said he was happy to recommend to MPs that Australia abstain, calling it an "entirely defensible fallback" to a yes vote.
"A yes vote or an abstention vote were equally acceptable and would be equally understood internationally," he said.
"It's a no vote that would have created huge problems for us."
'Honourable position'

Audio: Listen to Alexandra Kirk's report(PM)

The United States is expected to side with Israel and also oppose observer status.
Senator Carr says the decision to abstain will not damage Australia's relationship with the US.
He says Australia is entitled to make foreign policy decisions which are different from America's.
"We're a Labor Government, and from time to time we'll have a difference with the United States," he said.
"I think it's very easy to work with the Obama administration, but from time to time there'll be differences of emphasis.
"This is in the tradition of Labor governments running independent foreign policies."
Senator Carr says the decision to abstain is one both he and the Prime Minister believe in.
"The Palestinian resolution is going to get carried anyway," he said.
"Australia can say we're not opposing it, and that's excellent. That's a very good position for us to be in.
"I've been through all of these arguments in my time seeking the Security Council seat. This is an honourable position for Australia."
Disappointed

Opposition foreign affairs spokeswoman Julie Bishop says she is disappointed by the Government's decision.
"The Coalition believes Australia should vote against this bid as we do not believe that this is the path to peace and reconciliation between the Israeli and Palestinian peoples," she said.
"Our concern is that the drive for greater recognition at the United Nations is an attempt by Palestinian leaders to enable them to bring action against Israel through the international courts.
"It also risks conferring increased international status on the militant group Hamas which governs Gaza.
"This action is likely to escalate and prolong the conflict, rather than lead to a resolution of disputes."

I am glad that our prime minister listened to her party , i would prefer a yes vote , but i can live with our governments decision .

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 28 November 2012 - 09:29 PM.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#17 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

As much as I'd like to be happy about this for the sake of a step towards justice, this move is a complete joke anyways because the UN is a complete joke. The UN has always been a complete joke from the day it was created until now.

It is nothing more than a phony platform for certain nations to legitimize criminal actions and injustices as well as shoot down any notions or hopes of justice through veto-power (which in reality is an affront and abuse of justice).

This was clearly seen during the creation of Israel in 1947 where numerous Latin American and Caribbean states were economically threatened if they voted no, which is why the majority of votes for came from Latin America and the Caribbean (13).

Furthermore, Israel's existence is, by international law, questionable at best, because it was only a UN General Assembly 'recommendation' that passed to create Israel, which is non-binding.

On the other hand, UN Security Council resolutions are binding and Israel has the most UN Security Council resolutions against it in UN history - but how nice that they all get vetoed by the USA and swept under the rug of the real terrorists in this world.

#18 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Islamic states are some of the best places in the world. I think we should create another.

As far as my recollection goes, under an Islamic state was really the only time when Muslims, Jews and Christians lived together and co-existed peacefully in that land.

But you do realize that you are throwing your weight behind a nation that uses a satanic/occult/freemason/hermetic/thelemic/astrological symbol as their flag that has absolutely nothing to do with Judaism? It is of course, of no surprise that the zionists have selected the symbol as their representation.

#19 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

With all due respect, Ed, this comment again reflects complete lack of knowledge of the history and reality; both historic and current. You are simply commenting based on emotion from what is fed to you by the riling up of the mainstream media narrative as well as staunch pro-zionists like Pat Condell (do you not find it odd that a devout atheist would incessantly support a nation based on so-called 'religious ideology' in such vile and inflammatory manner?).

Canada is not 'strengthening' their ties with Israel. They are bending over to their zionist masters so that they do not destroy them politically and publicly. This is how North American politics work. Political survival, not justice and rights.

I remember a couple of years back when zionists themselves were posting on the CJPAC website about how Harper is a slave and how CJPAC has control of the Canadian government like AIPAC does in the USA.

Forget about supporting Palestine, Canada needs to liberate itself from zionist occupation.

And Canada merely follows suit like a desperate poodle.

Personally I just really cant stand islam. So anything that will stop it from gaining power or spreading you can count me in. Agreed I'm not very knowledgable on this subject historically.

#20 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

As far as my recollection goes, under an Islamic state was really the only time when Muslims, Jews and Christians lived together and co-existed peacefully in that land.

But you do realize that you are throwing your weight behind a nation that uses a satanic/occult/freemason/hermetic/thelemic/astrological symbol as their flag that has absolutely nothing to do with Judaism? It is of course, of no surprise that the zionists have selected the symbol as their representation.

Well I will try to keep open to this whole Zionist movement you speak of. So far this group has yet to provoke any sort of outrage with me compared to what Islam has.

Edited by Special Ed, 28 November 2012 - 10:04 PM.

#21 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Well I will try to keep open to this whole Zionist movement you speak of. So far this group has yet to provoke any sort of outrage in my in comparison to what Islam has.

Fair enough, but is your assessment based on research or is it based on the zionist-controlled mainstream media?

For instance, have you even heard of Rachel Corrie? How about Brian Avery, James Miller, Iain Hook or Tom Hurndall?

Do you remember any peep from the mainstream media about how Reporters Without Borders stated that Israel deliberately targeted the media and journalists in Gaza as well as how Israel deliberately bombed the Russia Times office?

#22 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

You are correct about the PA pushing for this but not about Hamas. Don't feel too bad, at least you got one thing correct (which is still a distinct rarity from you on geopolitical issues both past and present).

Hamas backs Abbas UN move in rare show of Palestinian unity

Well I stand corrected. This is the first time Hamas has backed Fatah in this though. They did previously oppose these moves. From your own article:

The decision by Hamas was unexpected. It does not recognise Israelís right to exist and has dismissed previous attempts by Abbas to promote the Palestinian cause on the diplomatic stage.

As much as I'd like to be happy about this for the sake of a step towards justice, this move is a complete joke anyways because the UN is a complete joke. The UN has always been a complete joke from the day it was created until now.

It is nothing more than a phony platform for certain nations to legitimize criminal actions and injustices as well as shoot down any notions or hopes of justice through veto-power (which in reality is an affront and abuse of justice).

This was clearly seen during the creation of Israel in 1947 where numerous Latin American and Caribbean states were economically threatened if they voted no, which is why the majority of votes for came from Latin America and the Caribbean (13).

Furthermore, Israel's existence is, by international law, questionable at best, because it was only a UN General Assembly 'recommendation' that passed to create Israel, which is non-binding.

On the other hand, UN Security Council resolutions are binding and Israel has the most UN Security Council resolutions against it in UN history - but how nice that they all get vetoed by the USA and swept under the rug of the real terrorists in this world.

For someone who claims to know so much about the world, you certainly do state totally false facts all the time.The Security Counsel is responsible for peace and security. It is responsible for military action, embargos, and sanctions. It does not admit new countries or create them.The General Assembly is responsible for admitting new members. So if the GA votes to admit a new member, it becomes so. The GA did not "Create" Israel either. They merely recommended a partition plan for borders. The 1949 war created Israel. Like just about every other country in the world, Israel's borders were settled by war.

#23 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

<p>

Fair enough, but is your assessment based on research or is it based on the zionist-controlled mainstream media?

For instance, have you even heard of Rachel Corrie? How about Brian Avery, James Miller, Iain Hook or Tom Hurndall?

Do you remember any peep from the mainstream media about how Reporters Without Borders stated that Israel deliberately targeted the media and journalists in Gaza as well as how Israel deliberately bombed the Russia Times office?

All of those stories can be found all over the BBC website, which is the biggest news source in the world....I guess the Zionists must have let that one slip.

#24 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Well I stand corrected. This is the first time Hamas has backed Fatah in this though. They did previously oppose these moves. From your own article:

For someone who claims to know so much about the world, you certainly do state totally false facts all the time.The Security Counsel is responsible for peace and security. It is responsible for military action, embargos, and sanctions. It does not admit new countries or create them.The General Assembly is responsible for admitting new members. So if the GA votes to admit a new member, it becomes so. The GA did not "Create" Israel either. They merely recommended a partition plan for borders. The 1949 war created Israel. Like just about every other country in the world, Israel's borders were settled by war.

Not Australia .

Our home is girt by sea

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#25 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

Not Australia .

Our home is girt by sea

HAHA. ...right. The present European state was the first ever people to call Australia home? Australia was and continues to be brutal to its aboriginal people.

#26 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,156 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

No.

All three lived just as peacefully under British rule in the first half of last century.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#27 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

HAHA. ...right. The present European state was the first ever people to call Australia home? Australia was and continues to be brutal to its aboriginal people.

And i am betting you learnt that when i mentioned it in another thread .

It does not change the fact that our borders were/are not defined by war .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#28 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,156 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

And i am betting you learnt that when i mentioned it in another thread .

It does not change the fact that our borders were/are not defined by war .

Australia
New Zealand
Iceland
Sri Lanka
Malta
Bermuda
Madagascar

A trend?

#29 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

Australia
New Zealand
Iceland
Sri Lanka
Malta
Bermuda
Madagascar

A trend?

Unfortunately not my friend :sadno:

The World at War

Current Wars
Burma Insurgency 1950 --

> China Uighur 1996 --

> Colombia Insurgencies 1970s--

> Congo (Zaire) Congo War 1998--

> India Kashmir 1970s--

> India Naxalite Uprising 1967 --

> Mali Tuaregs 2012 --

> Mexico Drug War 2006 --

> Middle East/
North Africa/
Central Asia
Arab Spring 2010 --

> Nepal Maoists 1996-

2006 ? Nigeria Civil Disturbances 1997 --

> Pakistan Pashtun Jihad 2001 --

> Somalia Civil War 1991--

> Syria Syria Revolution 2011

Turkey Kurdistan 1984 --

> United States Afghanistan 1980 --

> United States Djibouti 2001 --

> Yemen Sheik al-Houti 2004 --

> Yemen South Yemen Unrest 2007 --> Yemen Yemen Civil War 2011 --

>
Other Conflicts
Algeria Insurgency 1992 --

> Angola Cabinda 1975-

2006? China Senkaku Islands 1968 --

> China Spratly Islands 1988 --

> Georgia Civil War 1991--

> India Assam 1985 --

> Israel Palestine 1967 --

> Ivory Coast Civil War 2002 --

> Korea Korean War 1953 --

> Kyrgyzstan Civil Unrest 2010 --

> Laos Hmong Insurgency 2000 --

> Namibia Caprivi Strip 1966--

> Pakistan Baluchistan 2004 --

> Palestine Civil War 2007--

> Peru Shining Path 1970s--

> Philippines Moro Uprising 1970s--

> Russia North Caucasus Insurgency 1992 --

> Thailand Islamic Rebels 2001 --

> United States Philippines 1898 --

> Uzbekistan Civil Disturbances 2005 -->

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 29 November 2012 - 12:35 AM.

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#30 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,156 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

And not a solitary island in the bunch.

The solution to peace? Digging BIG ass canals along every border? Nothing else has worked, right?

It's not coincidence that Sir Thomas More positioned Utopia on an island state.

/ Edit: I believe the Moro Uprising in the Philippines is about to be downgraded with the creation of Bangsamoro to take effect in a year's time. The government has a treaty with the MILF (Moro Islamic Liberation Front).

Edited by theminister, 29 November 2012 - 12:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.