#31 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

No.

All three lived just as peacefully under British rule in the first half of last century.

Pffft, half a century... :P

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

rsz_theylive.jpg 11477626583_2368927097.jpg  7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#32 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,168 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

Pffft, half a century... :P

Just as long as we agree that it has been proven possible not within an islamic state.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#33 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

Just as long as we agree that it has been proven possible not within an islamic state.

I don't believe I ever stated it was impossible in the first place.

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

rsz_theylive.jpg 11477626583_2368927097.jpg  7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#34 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

And not a solitary island in the bunch.

The solution to peace? Digging BIG ass canals along every border? Nothing else has worked, right?

It's not coincidence that Sir Thomas More positioned Utopia on an island state.

/ Edit: I believe the Moro Uprising in the Philippines is about to be downgraded with the creation of Bangsamoro to take effect in a year's time. The government has a treaty with the MILF (Moro Islamic Liberation Front).

I am liking your train of thought brother ::D

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#35 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,168 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

I don't believe I ever stated it was impossible in the first place.

You didn't. You just neglected to remember that piece of history.

I am not so naive as to believe the debate as to whether regional peace is a viable option in a secular state will not rear it's head again in this thread as it has in others.

All I am trying to do is remind you and others that there is a third option.

Edited by theminister, 29 November 2012 - 01:26 AM.

#36 Humble Rodent

Humble Rodent

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

Islamic states are some of the best places in the world. I think we should create another.

this is amazing, never stop posting

Posted Image

#37 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

As far as my recollection goes, under an Islamic state was really the only time when Muslims, Jews and Christians lived together and co-existed peacefully in that land.

But you do realize that you are throwing your weight behind a nation that uses a satanic/occult/freemason/hermetic/thelemic/astrological symbol as their flag that has absolutely nothing to do with Judaism? It is of course, of no surprise that the zionists have selected the symbol as their representation.

In 1660, Safat (modern Kuwait) was a merchant area where most of the Jews were, it was destroyed.
In 1678, the Jews were banished from Yemen.
The Jews were massacred in 1828 at Baghdad. Same in Barfurush in 1867.
In 1836, the Jewish quarter of Meshed was completely ransacked and the population forced to convert to Islam. More massacres...
Morocco - 1864, Tunis - 1869, Morocco again in 1875, 1897 in Libya.
Probably more if I wanted to search further.

Plus, in most of the Muslim world, the Jews had to pay extra taxes and had other restrictions place upon them.

Hardly what you consider as "peaceful".

#38 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

In 1660, Safat (modern Kuwait) was a merchant area where most of the Jews were, it was destroyed.
In 1678, the Jews were banished from Yemen.
The Jews were massacred in 1828 at Baghdad. Same in Barfurush in 1867.
In 1836, the Jewish quarter of Meshed was completely ransacked and the population forced to convert to Islam. More massacres...
Morocco - 1864, Tunis - 1869, Morocco again in 1875, 1897 in Libya.
Probably more if I wanted to search further.

Plus, in most of the Muslim world, the Jews had to pay extra taxes and had other restrictions place upon them.

Hardly what you consider as "peaceful".

One must really ask oneself a pertinent question .. why does this history of violence haunt the Jewish peoples? .. once they find the answer, perhaps they could modify their behavior in the spirit of compromise? .. or not? .. what does the "Bible" tell them to do? .. not only their version, but all the others .. is there consensus?? ..

Edited by Tearloch7, 29 November 2012 - 11:57 AM.

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#39 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,168 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

One must really ask oneself a pertinent question .. why does this history of violence haunt the Jewish peoples? .. once they find the answer, perhaps they could modify their behavior in the spirit of compromise? .. or not? .. what does the "Bible" tell them to do? .. not only their version, but all the others .. is there consensus?? ..

The Koran is pretty clear... convert to Islam or live as a second class citizen but at least live.
The Bible says nothing but positives so that is on Christians for gross conduct and interpretation.
Blaming people for being Jewish is ridiculous.

Stop living and classifying other people's rights based off if thousand year old books is a good start.

Edited by theminister, 29 November 2012 - 12:15 PM.

#40 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,424 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

Most of the pundits this morning seem to agree the Israeli and US prime concern is that if Palestine is "recognized" as a "State", they will then have the right to bring charges for war crimes against certain Israeli citizens ..

When a vast majority of the world agrees on statehood, despite US pressure to "toe the American line", it says a lot about the relative "fairness" of this issue ..

Edited by Tearloch7, 29 November 2012 - 01:05 PM.

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#41 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

Most of the pundits this morning seem to agree the Israeli and US prime concern is that if Palestine is "recognized" as a "State", they will then have the right to bring charges for war crimes against certain Israeli citizens ..

When a vast majority of the world agrees on statehood, despite US pressure to "toe the American line", it says a lot about the relative "fairness" of this issue ..

Yup and then hopefully war crimes can also be held against certain Palestinian citizens...

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#42 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Yup and then hopefully war crimes can also be held against certain Palestinian citizens...

A lot of the Palestinians who perpetrated those crimes have already been killed/ murdered by the israeli's .

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#43 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

The vote , 138 voted YES ,9 voted NO , and 41 nations abstained .

That is a resounding statement by the world .

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 29 November 2012 - 03:03 PM.

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#44 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,424 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

When will the American war criminals be held accountable by the world? .. ever? .. "God"?? ..

#45 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

When will the American war criminals be held accountable by the world? .. ever? .. "God"?? ..

I'd like to see Bush and Cheney stand trial. All it takes is Obama to recognize the ICC as having international jurisdiction. There is no way after what this pair has done that they should ever get to lead quiet lives after politics.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#46 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

all countries in South America will vote "yes" :)

CONESUL and MERCOSUL agreement :)
Shup up and fly! you´re not payed to think, you´re payed to fly!

#47 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,168 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

I'd like to see Bush and Cheney stand trial. All it takes is Obama to recognize the ICC as having international jurisdiction. There is no way after what this pair has done that they should ever get to lead quiet lives after politics.

Don't forget Rumsfeld. He's nicely slinked back off without being held accountable for his actions.

#48 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

The vote , 138 voted YES ,9 voted NO , and 41 nations abstained .

That is a resounding statement by the world .

Canada is one of only nine countries to vote no. This sure is out of step with the rest of the world. We should have abstain like Great Britain.

#49 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,424 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Canada is one of only nine countries to vote no. This sure is out of step with the rest of the world. We should have abstain like Great Britain.

I totally agree .. Harper is such a puppet ..

#50 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

The funny thing is, the UN is such a spineless organization that any change done will have no effect on the ground war. Give the win to Abbas and Palestine; his people will still die in fighting the Israelis.

#51 Humble Rodent

Humble Rodent

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Palestinian Statehood: Canada Votes No At UN, Threatens Retaliation

It passed.

Edited by Humble Rodent, 29 November 2012 - 06:05 PM.

Posted Image

#52 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

I totally agree .. Harper is such a puppet ..

So Harper is being criticized both for not following the crowd and for being a puppet? Make up your mind!

#53 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,636 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

I am admittedly very ignorant when it comes to the troubles in the Middle East, but isn't this a good thing that could move to peace with the Palestinians having their own state?!?

#54 Humble Rodent

Humble Rodent

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

So Harper is being criticized both for not following the crowd and for being a puppet? Make up your mind!

Presumably a puppet for the U.S.

Posted Image

#55 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

A bit off-topic....

Hopefully this will now make a better case for Taiwan to get Observer Status too.

#56 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

I am admittedly very ignorant when it comes to the troubles in the Middle East, but isn't this a good thing that could move to peace with the Palestinians having their own state?!?

Yes if they are recognized as a state, then the attacks in Gaza would be viewed as international conflict. This could mean humanitarian intervention.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#57 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Yes if they are recognized as a state, then the attacks in Gaza would be viewed as international conflict. This could mean humanitarian intervention.

Not really. There have been plenty of U.N. peacekeeping missions to "domestic" disputes, the Rwandan Civil War for example. The only thing this really accomplishes is an international platform for the PA to denounce Israel and therefore forward the Arab + Iranian agenda to wipe Israel off the map.

#58 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Well the worry is that the Palestinians will use there new statehood to tie up the International Criminal Court with anti-Israeli prosecutions. The ICC has jurisdiction in three cases:1) where the person accused of committing a crime is a national of a state party (or where the person's state has accepted the jurisdiction of the Court);2) where the alleged crime was committed on the territory of a state party (or where the state on whose territory the crime was committed has accepted the jurisdiction of the Court); or3) where a situation is referred to the Court by the UN Security Council.So, in theory, the Palestinians could ratify the ICC and then refer Israel to it. Personally, I don't really think it's as big of an issue are people are making it out to be though. Firstly, the Palestinians state has no recognized territory. Also, they would expose themselves to being referred to the ICC.I'm pretty pro-Israeli, but support the move by the Palestinians for a few reasons. Firstly Abbas is specifically promoting a 2 state solution, which means recongnizing a Jewish state. It also will result in the Palestinians forming a responsible centralized government, which is much better than the current status quo, which includes a lot of random and uncontrolable militant groups. The amount of land people are arguing about at this point is so minuscule, the peace process itself seems to be the biggest obstacle. A series of unilateral moves might be a better choice at this time.

#59 canucks since 77

canucks since 77

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Presumably? :lol:
Politeness is the first step to respect!

#60 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

Well the worry is that the Palestinians will use there new statehood to tie up the International Criminal Court with anti-Israeli prosecutions. The ICC has jurisdiction in three cases:1) where the person accused of committing a crime is a national of a state party (or where the person's state has accepted the jurisdiction of the Court);2) where the alleged crime was committed on the territory of a state party (or where the state on whose territory the crime was committed has accepted the jurisdiction of the Court); or3) where a situation is referred to the Court by the UN Security Council.So, in theory, the Palestinians could ratify the ICC and then refer Israel to it. Personally, I don't really think it's as big of an issue are people are making it out to be though. Firstly, the Palestinians state has no recognized territory. Also, they would expose themselves to being referred to the ICC.I'm pretty pro-Israeli, but support the move by the Palestinians for a few reasons. Firstly Abbas is specifically promoting a 2 state solution, which means recongnizing a Jewish state. It also will result in the Palestinians forming a responsible centralized government, which is much better than the current status quo, which includes a lot of random and uncontrolable militant groups. The amount of land people are arguing about at this point is so minuscule, the peace process itself seems to be the biggest obstacle. A series of unilateral moves might be a better choice at this time.

I'm sorry but anybody who truly believes Abbas is really trying to implement a peaceful two state solution is quite gullible. You only need to go back a year or two to clearly see that he wan'ts Israel wiped off the map. What he is doing now is just providing lip service for world backing.

Non-recognition of Israel Abbas sends conflicting messages: All of Israel is "occupied" vs. areas under Israel since 1967 are "occupied" Source: Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, Oct. 17, 2012 Two separate Facebook pages in the name of "President Abbas" posted two versions of the same letter written by Abbas. One letter defined all of Israel as "occupied lands," whereas the other letter defined the areas under Israel since 1967 as "occupied":

Mahmoud Abbas' Facebook page #1:
"The [sought UN] recognition will not liberate the land the following day, but will prove that we are right that our land is occupied and not disputed territory, and this applies to all the territories that Israel occupied before June 1967 (i.e., all of Israel)." (emphasis added)

[Facebook page in the name of PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas, Oct. 11, 2012
and partially reprinted in Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, Oct. 17, 2012]

Mahmoud Abbas' Facebook page #2:
"The [sought UN] recognition will not liberate the land the following day, but will prove that we are right that our land is occupied and not disputed territory, and this applies to all the territories that Israel occupied in June 1967." (emphasis added)

[PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas' official Facebook page, Oct. 10, 2012]

Click to view bulletin

Note: Click "full article" below to view the full letters.

Posted Image Posted Image Abbas and PA leaders attend Fatah performance presenting Israel as "Palestine" Source: Palestinian TV (Fatah), Sept. 6, 2012 Palestinian singer at Fatah concert:
"We commit and promise to stand behind you, oh Mahmoud Abbas, until Judgment Day. I am returning to you, the purest land, oh land of the free. No matter how long the nights of exile, I am returning to you, oh land. From Rafah to Rosh Hanikra (northern Israel) our coast, and Beit Shean (Israeli city). Above your soil, oh my land, is a picture of Garden of Eden. From Rafah to Rosh Hanikra our coast, and Beit Shean. Above your soil, oh my land, is a picture of Garden of Eden. From Rafah to Rosh Hanikra, north and south, are the picture's borders. From Haifa (Israeli city) and Tantura to the [Jordan] valley (i.e., all of Israel). I am returning to you, the purest land, oh land of the free."
Click to view video
Click to view bulletin

Note: This video has been broadcast dozens of times since 2011. To view the broadcast dates and the full list of Fatah officials in the audience, click "full article" below.
Posted Image Posted Image Abbas wrote research papers claiming Zionism was a European “imperialist colonialist movement” Source: Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, July 27, 2011 “Chairman of the Palestinian Authority Mahmoud Abbas raised this claim in the research papers he wrote, as testified by a professor of political science at Bir Zeit University, Dr. Samih Hamouda:
“Yesterday, the department of political science at Bir Zeit University, in cooperation with the Madar Center for Research, held a symposium… Professor Samih Hamouda, of the political science department at Bir Zeit University, presented an analysis of the research papers written by President Mahmoud Abbas on the subject of Zionist ideology. Prof. Hamouda said that in his writings and research, the President linked Zionism to imperialism by examining the reasons for the growth of Zionism, through scientific analysis of European society and the problem of the Jews in Europe, and linking this with the aspirations of the West in the Arabic East. He added, ‘In the President’s research, the Zionist movement is not Jewish, nor does it flow from the desires of the Jews themselves. Rather, it is an imperialist colonialist movement which sought to use the Jews and to enlist them to further the western colonialist plans.’”
Posted Image Abbas: Hamas "is not required to recognize Israel" Source: Palestinian TV (Fatah), July 24, 2011 Interview with Mahmoud Abbas on Turkish TV, rebroadcast on PA TV, on occasion of the gathering of all Palestinian ambassadors in Turkey for briefing in anticipation of appeal to UN in September for recognition of independent Palestinian state. Abbas was asked whether, in his opinion, Hamas might recognize Israel.
Abbas: "I don’t know if it's possible that the day might come when Hamas will recognize Israel, but we, for our part, view Hamas as part of the Palestinian people. There is an opposition and there are supporters [a coalition], and that exists everywhere. It exists in Turkey; it exists in the US. It exists everywhere. Hamas has the right to decide its policy. If it wishes to recognize [Israel], it is free [to do so], and if it wishes not to recognize - it [Hamas] exists, and it has supporters, and there are those who want it [the movement] and there are those who like it on the Palestinian scene. With regard to Hamas – it is not required to recognize or not to recognize Israel. That is its own private business."
Posted Image Abbas denies Jews have history in Israel and claims a fictitious 9000 year-old Palestinian history Source: Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, May 14, 2011 Abbas speech in Gaza, delivered in his name by his advisor and representative Abdallah Al-Ifranji, in honor of "nakba" day - "catastrophe" day, the day the PA mourns the creation of the State of Israel:
PA moderator of PA Gaza event: "The speech of President Mahmoud Abbas, Chairman of the PLO Executive Committee and President of the Palestinian Authority, will be delivered by the comrade, the great fighter, Abdallah Al-Ifranji, representative and advisor of the President."
Mahmoud Abbas, (delivered by his representative, Abdallah Al-Ifranji): "National reconciliation [between Hamas and Fatah] is required in order to face Israel and Netanyahu. We say to him [Netanyahu], when he claims - that they [Jews] have a historical right dating back to 3000 years BCE - we say that the nation of Palestine upon the land of Canaan had a 7000 year history BCE. This is the truth, which must be understood and we have to note it, in order to say: 'Netanyahu, you are incidental in history. We are the people of history. We are the owners of history.'"
Click to view bulletin
Posted Image Abbas: "Hamas need not recognize Israel" Source: Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, May 4, 2011 Headline: “President [Abbas]: The Israeli escalation against [Fatah-Hamas] reconciliation is at its peak; Hamas need not recognize Israel”
“President Abbas said: ‘Hamas is not being asked to recognize Israel, and we will create a government of technocrats. We will not ask Hamas to recognize Israel.’ At the same time, he stated: ‘The next government will include technocrat ministers who will be accepted in the international arena, in the local arena, and everywhere. The next government will be [serving] for a short time, and it will be committed to the policy of the PLO.’”
Posted Image Abbas: “We shall not agree to a Jewish state” Source: Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, Jan. 30, 2011 From meeting between Abbas and a delegation from the Women’s Union in Ramallah, following publication of leaked documents concerning Israeli Palestinian negotiations by Al-Jazeera:
Mahmoud Abbas
: “When some 120 Israeli figures came here, they said, ‘What’s your opinion concerning the Jewish state?’, and I said that we wouldn’t agree to it. We know what they mean by it, and therefore we shall not agree to a Jewish state…” One of their [Israeli] offers [during the negotiations] was that perhaps we would agree to territory and population exchanges, and they mentioned by name some villages in the Triangle [Israel region bordering West Bank with high Arab population]. However, [Israeli Arab] MK Muhammad Barake spoke out yesterday against them…
The Palestinian Authority… has stated that this is a red line, and it is impossible that we would agree to territory and population exchanges…
We emphasize that all residents inside the Green Line [Israeli Arabs] will remain inside. We shall not under any circumstances accept [into the Palestinian state] a single resident from inside the Green Line, and everyone knows why.”
Posted Image Abbas: If we recognize Israel as a Jewish state, Israel will expel Israeli-Arabs Source: Ma’an, Palestinian news agency, Nov. 9, 2010 Mahmoud Abbas, PA Chairman and Head of Fatah:
“Palestinians will have the final word if negotiations with Israel fail, President Mahmoud Abbas said Sunday… ‘We met our obligations, but you [Israel] did not, and so we will be discharged from obligations.’...
Abbas reiterated his refusal to recognize Israel as a Jewish state. ‘There are one and a half million Arabs in Israel, and if we agree on Israel as Jewish state, that will be enough reason to expel them...’"
Posted Image PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas holds up a "map of Palestine" that includes all of Israel Source: Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, Oct. 26, 2010 Posted ImageThis picture appeared in the official PA daily and the caption read: “President Abbas holds up a stone model of the map of Palestine.”
Posted Image Abbas: Israel should "suffice" with 1947 UN partition lines Source: WAFA news agency, Sept. 26, 2009 Mahmoud Abbas, PA Chairman, speech in Cuba:
"It is a great honor for me to be here today at the Cuban Friendship House… I have always sensed the warmth of the relations in every meeting with Cuban authorities…
I hope to receive President Castro for a visit to our country, Palestine, when Palestine is liberated from Israeli occupation, and when we have a Palestinian state with its capital in the honored Jerusalem… We are struggling through peaceful means in order to achieve our rights; we have therefore announced that we go along with international legitimacy, with the UN resolutions since '47 to this day. We want these resolutions to be implemented, and for [UN decisions of] international legitimacy to assume their rightful place. We do not want double criteria, whereby resolutions are implemented in one place but not implemented somewhere else…
We demand of the world to call upon Israel to implement these resolutions and to halt the settlement activity in our land, and to suffice with the territory apportioned to it in the UN resolution."
Posted Image Abbas: "I will not accept a Jewish State" Source: Palestinian TV (Fatah), Apr. 27, 2009 Mahmoud Abbas, PA Chairman and Head of Fatah:
"The 'Jewish state.' What is a 'Jewish state?' We call it, the 'State of Israel.' You can call yourselves whatever you want. But I will not accept it. And I say this on a live broadcast... It's not my job to define it, to provide a definition for the state and what it contains. You can call yourselves the Zionist Republic, the Hebrew, the National, the Socialist [Republic] call it whatever you like. I don't care."
Click to view video
Posted Image PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas displays a map of "Palestine" erasing Israel Source: Palestinian TV (Fatah), Apr. 27, 2009 Posted ImagePA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas displays a map of "Palestine" that erases Israel. The names of the neighboring countries of "Palestine" are written in English: Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt. There is no mention of Israel.
Posted Image Abbas speaks in his headquarters in front of map erasing Israel Source: Al-Ayyam, Nov. 24, 2008 Posted ImageThe Palestinian flag over map of "Palestine" that erases all of Israel.
Posted Image Abbas: No peace unless all Palestinian prisoners are released Source: Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, Aug. 26, 2008 PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas:
"There will not be peace, unless [the Israeli] prisons are emptied."
Posted Image Abbas: We reject the Jewishness of the state Source: Al-Dustour (Jordan), Feb. 28, 2008 Mahmoud Abbas, PA Chairman:
[The Palestinian Chairman Mahmoud Abbas emphasized his rejection of what is described as the Jewishness of the state (Israel), and said:] "We rejected this proposal at the Annapolis conference last November in the USA, and the conference was almost aborted because of it."
Posted Image Abbas: Only a government needs to recognize Israel, not Hamas Source: Al-Dustour (Jordan), Feb. 28, 2008 Mahmoud Abbas, PA Chairman:
"I don't demand that the Hamas movement recognize Israel. I only demanded of the [Palestinian] national unity government that would work opposite Israel in recognition of it. And this I told to Syrian President Bashir Assad, and he supported this idea."
Posted Image Abbas with PLO flag erasing Israel Source: Palestinian TV (Fatah), Jan. 13, 2008 Posted ImagePalestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas stands at attention in front of the PLO symbol, which places the Palestinian flag over the map of Israel. This symbolizes that all of Israel is, or will someday be, "Palestine." The picture is from the a PLO Central Committee meeting broadcast on PA TV.
Posted Image Palestinian government recognizes Israel - for money transfers Source: Palestinian TV (Fatah), Oct. 3, 2006 Abbas to Condoleezza Rice: "Hamas must recognize Israel"
[The Jerusalem Post, Oct. 4, 2006]
Abbas to Arabs, broadcast on PA TV and Al-Arabiya (Dubai):
"It is not required of Hamas, nor of Fatah, nor of the Popular Front, to recognize Israel. Every person has the right to say, 'I do not recognize,' okay? It's your right. It is the right of any organization. But the government which will be formed, and which will function opposite the Israelis on a daily basis - how can this government, or these ministers, not recognize their counterparts, and then solve people's problems? The Palestinian finance minister has to come to an agreement with the Israeli finance minister about the transfer of the money. So how can he make an agreement with him if he does not recognize him? So I do not demand of Hamas nor any others to recognize Israel. But from the government that works with Israelis in day-to-day life, yes."
Click to view video

http://palwatch.org/main.aspx?fi=826

Edited by Coda, 29 November 2012 - 07:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.