The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cannata back with wolves

Canuckfan1968

I must say after his first APT with the wolves last year I was truly hoping he would be Eddie Lacks backup in the AHL. I sure am glad he was brougt back up maybe this is what this team needs since the last game with 3 minutes left I truly though the stork let in a really soft goal after the team went up 3-2. Here is hoping Cannata gets another shot to show he is a very technical goalie just like Shnieder was. Go Wolves Go. Thoughts

I must say after his first APT with the wolves last year I was truly hoping he would be Eddie Lacks backup in the AHL. I sure am glad he was brougt back up maybe this is what this team needs since the last game with 3 minutes left I truly though the stork let in a really soft goal after the team went up 3-2. Here is hoping Cannata gets another shot to show he is a very technical goalie just like Shnieder was. Go Wolves Go. Thoughts

The newspaper article about this call up refers to Cannata as the backup goalie on his ECHL team, who is being called up to be Climie's back up for the next few days while Lack is out. Apparently he is not expected to play any games, so I doubt he will be "what this team needs".

ECHL is not the same as AHL if you consider who is defending in front of him and if you look at his first APT he looked very poised in a wolves uniform. I know alof of people are thinking the stork is playing great but truly the last game against the admirals that I watched on sportnet was a stinker with 3 minutes left kinda reminded me of loungo let down. As for Cannata I think he will get a chance considering Climie's sucking gouch compared to last year.

ECHL is not the same as AHL if you consider who is defending in front of him and if you look at his first APT he looked very poised in a wolves uniform. I know alof of people are thinking the stork is playing great but truly the last game against the admirals that I watched on sportnet was a stinker with 3 minutes left kinda reminded me of loungo let down. As for Cannata I think he will get a chance considering Climie's sucking gouch compared to last year.

• 4 weeks later...

Is he even a prospect anymore? Am I missing something? He's been up almost a month and not a minute of playing time? Clime has been playing amazingly well but still? Not one start in nine games including one back to back on a team that isn't exactly setting the league on fire makes me wonder about their confidence in him. I'm thinking a goalie prospect at his age should be playing. To me it looks like he hasn't played since November 22nd in the ECHL. Is he injured? But if he were injured I'm guessing he wouldn't be on the bench.

Is he even a prospect anymore? Am I missing something? He's been up almost a month and not a minute of playing time? Clime has been playing amazingly well but still? Not one start in nine games including one back to back on a team that isn't exactly setting the league on fire makes me wonder about their confidence in him. I'm thinking a goalie prospect at his age should be playing. To me it looks like he hasn't played since November 22nd in the ECHL. Is he injured? But if he were injured I'm guessing he wouldn't be on the bench.

Archived