Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[GDT] 11-28 - frozen pork - 5PM Pacific

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
121 replies to this topic

#121 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

I just think seeing only six of our young players on entry level contracts playing in a game is pretty discouraging. I don't think if you looked around the AHL you would find that happening too many other places. The Wolves franchise does not have a good reputation for developing players for the NHL, they have operated without an NHL affiliation quite successfully in the past. I really hope Gillis doesn't stand by and just allow this relationship to go on year after year, it was an emergency affiliation that came about after the Winnipeg situation came up,

I was disappointed that we went back for a second year there given their player development track record. We really need to start emphasizing player development more as an org. It is becoming a glaring weakness.

Gordon is only 26 and still counts as a prospect, despite what you may think.

Edited by avelanch, 30 November 2012 - 08:27 AM.

#122 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Gordon is only 26 and still counts as a prospect, despite what you may think.

Splitting hairs over whether an 85 birth date qualifies as a 'prospect' is beside the point. I don't think the Wolves org is living up to their side of the bargain in their affiliate relationship with us. That's all.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.