The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Maple Leafs worth $1 billion

dudeone

Father?? Child?? Who the frack gave you a degree? You can't even comprehend a sentence.

There is no freaking way in hell you have post secondary education. No freaking way.

1500+ posts on CDC and you think Schneider will need to "defect" to come back to NHL?? C'mon man.

BTW, citizens of PHX have been paying millions of dollars per year to keep the team in their city. The city council just voted to pay the Coyoutes $320 million dollars to stay in the city..

Well, it's Glendale, not Phoenix, just to clarify, but yes, them pouring $324M over 20 years is definitely helping their cause.

However, if you live in Glendale, you have to be abhorred by this decision.

According to the US Census Bureau, Glendale has the following demographics:

Population: 226,721

Adult Population: 163,239

Adult Population above poverty line: 136,141

Now, if you're looking at funding a $324M expenditure with a tax base of 163,239 residents, that works out to $1985 per person ($99 per year) assuming stagnant population and discounting external revenue. If you factor in external tax revenue, maybe that may drop to $90 per person per year, but that's still an outrageous amount, especially given the lack of residents actually interested in their hockey team.

Brilliant... lmao. I mean what I said regardless if it's your nephew or your kid. It was uncalled for and frankly I've seen you post worse not 4 posts above this one. You seem to be looking for some kind of e-fight, I'm not planning to engage. Enjoy the bubble you live in wherein you can insult others and somehow feel superior. Judging by your need to make something out of nothing I will take a guess that you had a bad day and are using CDC to vent. Poor baby, I pity your insecurities.

Both are money pits with the current CBA.

I think most owners feel the same way as you, which is why the Blues were sold and the Coyotes have been up for sale for over 2 years and are still without a buyer (although, with the deal approved by Glendale, I would imagine Jamison could get the loans/investors he needs to buy the team now).

I bet other franchises are lower, but given these ones were/are active in the market, it's easier to put a value on them. Teams like the Canucks, for example, it's more of an estimate. We would never know the real value until the team went up for sale.

Blues have a much stronger fan base, have had much better attendence, over 8 thousand more on average. And that's with the average ticket price being 7$ higher.

Then team wise, I believe Pietrangelo and Backes in particular are more marketable (atleast in that market) than any player in the Coyotes market, aside from maybe Doan.

But it's more so the fan base, just to get into the just of it.

Assuming Forbes is correct, Glendale already has $680M in debt? I wonder if that's before or after the $324M deal (which they mention) ... If it's over $1B after the deal, that's absolutely disgusting, especially since this $324M pays out $90M in the first 3 years :sick:

Anyways, back on the topic of the Leafs, I imagine tons of billionaires would love to own the Leafs. Think about how much money they've made with an absolutely garbage team over the last decade. Now think about how much money they would make if they actually made and went far in the playoffs. It's already a license to print money ... Easily over $100M/year in profit if they were a playoff team. Easily ...

Assuming Forbes is correct, Glendale already has $680M in debt? I wonder if that's before or after the $324M deal (which they mention) ... If it's over $1B after the deal, that's absolutely disgusting, especially since this $324M pays out $90M in the first 3 years :sick:

Anyways, back on the topic of the Leafs, I imagine tons of billionaires would love to own the Leafs. Think about how much money they've made with an absolutely garbage team over the last decade. Now think about how much money they would make if they actually made and went far in the playoffs. It's already a license to print money ... Easily over $100M/year in profit if they were a playoff team. Easily ...

12% at or below poverty line, yeah, which, sadly, is better than the national average (12.2%) in the USA.

The even sadder thing is that in the US, the poverty line is set at $11,170 + $3,960 per additional family member, so for a family of 4, the poverty line is set at about $23,000 in household income. By comparison, Canada's "poverty line" (pre-tax LICO in Canada) is set at about $36,000 for a family of 4 in a city of Glendale's size and we're sitting at 13.5% average (9.7% for families).

Archived