Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Officer gives boots to homeless man; kindness sparks online sensation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#31 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

Breaking news: The homeless man is barefoort again. Photos of him now show him without shoes again.

http://www.watoday.c...1203-2aqxf.html

He said he hid them away. I say he sold them for drugs or booze. What do you say?

Yeah, I think so too. Why would he go back to begging?

People like him make some homeless people look bad. What a stereotypical lazy ungrateful person.

He even had the audacity to complain about how some pictures were taken of him "without permission". Get real.
Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#32 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

Breaking news: The homeless man is barefoort again. Photos of him now show him without shoes again.

http://www.watoday.c...1203-2aqxf.html

He said he hid them away. I say he sold them for drugs or booze. What do you say?

Typical. Guy isn't even wearing the boots given to him now. You know why? Because its a simple begging ploy to make people feel sorry for him and give him things for free. The officer was suckered right in... And now the homeless man wants the cameraman to pay him 'his piece of the pie' because he didn't give permission for the photo. That's exactly why it's hard to feel sorry for those guys. When I first saw the picture my first thought was 'shoeless begging ploy'. Seems I was right after all.

Edited by Special Ed, 04 December 2012 - 12:01 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#33 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Yeah, I think so too. Why would he go back to begging?

People like him make some homeless people look bad. What a stereotypical lazy ungrateful person.

He even had the audacity to complain about how some pictures were taken of him "without permission". Get real.

I have lived downtown for a long time. At first I would give out items and money to the homeless but then I stopped. I probably will never give those people anything ever again. What I have learned is that these homeless people WANT to live on the street. They have 0 responsibility can do whatever they want including drugs. Jail is like a simply hotel stay for them and the system doesn't want to keep them behind bars anyway.

Homeless people make a decent living on collecting cans and begging. I have even heard a group of them bragging at their daily take and which corner to 'work'. By work they mean create a sympathy ploy and sucker people in. I have seen fake injuries or using handicaps by displaying them aggressively. Also many of the item given to them are sold for drugs. It would not be far off to think that this homeless man gave away those boots in exchange for drugs. In which case the officer just directly supported his habit.

Probably my most aggravating experience was when I had a really had a good lunch bag from a hotel and I passed by a guy in a wheelchair with no legs. I asked him if he was hungry. He proclaimed he was very hungry and thanked me when I had passed him my lunch. I myself had actually not eaten and was also very hungry. After walking a block away I turned to notice two younger street looking kids walk up to this man. The man in the wheelchair I had just given a VIP bag lunch to now pawned it off to the two young street looking kids. Who gave him in turn looked like a small bag of weed.

Those two street kids then walked towards me throwing away an apple, banana and greek salad that were in the bag. Then spitting the rest. By the looks of how they treated the lunch it seemed obvious they didn't really need it and I realized what a sucker I was.

Edited by Special Ed, 04 December 2012 - 12:21 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

#34 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

Great story mate .

I wish there were more acts of simple kindness like this .

Sorry ratio but the cop was a sucker. One born every minute.

#35 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Sorry ratio but the cop was a sucker. One born every minute.

Do you think Mayor Gregor Robertson is a sucker? He promised street homelessness will end in Vancouver by 2015. I don't know how he can make such a bold prediction. Will he resign if his promise is not fulfilled?

#36 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Do you think Mayor Gregor Robertson is a sucker? He promised street homelessness will end in Vancouver by 2015. I don't know how he can make such a bold prediction. Will he resign if his promise is not fulfilled?

The only solution i can think of is to start treating homeless like the spoiled brats they are. Make it ilegal to live on the street and fund a couple extra medium security facilities that can hold these people. Force them to do some jobs and pay them minimum wage. Maybe they even build up the skills necessary to enter society again and clean themselves up.

For the ones mentally handicapped they should not be on the street in the first place. It simply shouldn't be allowed. It's a tough love solution but that's the only way to solve it in my opinion.

#37 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Story = ruined.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.