The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cop car ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ singer appears in court

dudeone

Cop car ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ singer appears in court

By Claudine Zap | The Sideshow – 3 hrs ago

http://news.yahoo.co...-191812463.html

The man made famous on the Web for his impassioned rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody" in the back of a Royal Canadian Mounted Police car had his court appearance today. He wore a Viking hat, sunglasses and a NASA "I need my space" T-shirt. Naturally.

Robert Wilkinson of Edson, Alberta, represented himself. Perhaps not surprisingly, the 29-year-old was convicted of impaired driving and refusing a blood-alcohol-level test.

He was fined $1,400 and had his license suspended for one year. But singing? Let's hope he can still do lots of that.

Wilkinson seemed bullish about the conclusion of events, writing on his Facebook page, "The system works." Even as a friend pointed out that he was convicted, he responded, "Who has the right to say that? I am not convicted in my mind."

In the minds of many, Wilkinson is an Internet star.

The Canadian first drew attention when, allegedly inebriated, he was arrested and put in the back of a RCMP cruiser, where he was recorded belting out the Queen hit.

The officer chose not to interrupt him, although he does say at one point "Calm down," to which Wilkinson replies, "I can't."

The video was sent to Wilkinson as evidence, and friends encouraged him to put it on YouTube. The rest is Internet history.

Archived