Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Round 2-Homer Simpson Division

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote TV Shows (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote 1

1. 1.The Simpsons (39 votes [78.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 78.00%

2. 10.The League (11 votes [22.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.00%

Vote 1

1. 2.Walking Dead (36 votes [72.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.00%

2. 9. 30 Rock (14 votes [28.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.00%

Vote 1

1. 3. 2 and a half men (22 votes [44.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.00%

2. 6. The Mentalist (28 votes [56.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.00%

Vote 1

1. 4. Frasier (11 votes [22.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.00%

2. 5. How I met Your Mother (39 votes [78.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 78.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,257 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Round 2 is now underway. Get your vote on now.
Posted Image

#2 susraiders

susraiders

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

2 and a half men and the mentalist was a hard vote, but it goes to the Harpers

#3 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,908 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

It's going to be very disappointing to see 30 Rock lose to The Walking Dead. I'm not even a 30 Rock fan, but yeah, that sucks.

ucuxpJV.png

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#4 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,218 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

i like 30 rock, but not as much as the walking dead.

#5 I♥Wellwood

I♥Wellwood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

It's going to be very disappointing to see 30 Rock lose to The Walking Dead. I'm not even a 30 Rock fan, but yeah, that sucks.

How come you dislike the walking dead so much? Just not into it or are there specific reasons?

Posted Image

#6 Canuck_83

Canuck_83

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

Only reason I voted for The Mentalist was because it's up against 2 and a Half Men. Voted for Simpsons and HIMYM even though they're not that good anymore because I don't watch the shows they're up against.

:o :mad: :P

Edited by Canuck_83, 29 November 2012 - 07:51 PM.

#7 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,908 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

How come you dislike the walking dead so much? Just not into it or are there specific reasons?

Because I don't like Soap Operas. Especially poorly written and acted Soap Operas. I gave fully outlined reason in whatever version of the thread was active for the first half of the second season, so if you can dig up that thread you can get all those reasons. I've always been a huge fan of zombies, and I really wanted to like the show, but I couldn't. Outside of the absolutely brilliant pilot episode, everything that followed ranged from mediocre to awful. I stopped watching after the midseason finale of season 2 because I just couldn't stand how poor any of the payoff for the show was.

I can see why people like the show, in the same way that people like 2 and a half men. But like 2 and a Half Men, it is not a good show. I watch a lot of bad shows too, but a bad soap opera has to be the worst.

ucuxpJV.png

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#8 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

watched the first couple episodes of The League because of the last thread. Definitely gets my vote

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#9 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,257 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

Because I don't like Soap Operas. Especially poorly written and acted Soap Operas. I gave fully outlined reason in whatever version of the thread was active for the first half of the second season, so if you can dig up that thread you can get all those reasons. I've always been a huge fan of zombies, and I really wanted to like the show, but I couldn't. Outside of the absolutely brilliant pilot episode, everything that followed ranged from mediocre to awful. I stopped watching after the midseason finale of season 2 because I just couldn't stand how poor any of the payoff for the show was.

I can see why people like the show, in the same way that people like 2 and a half men. But like 2 and a Half Men, it is not a good show. I watch a lot of bad shows too, but a bad soap opera has to be the worst.

It's weird how people have such different opinions on shows. I think you might be the only person I know so far that despises The Walking Dead.
Posted Image

#10 I♥Wellwood

I♥Wellwood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

I can understand that. There were parts that were drawn out for way too long and it can get predictable at times. I'm still gonna tune in though :P

Posted Image

#11 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,054 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

I don't know wtf The Mentalist is, but I aint votin' for 2 and a Half Men

#12 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,714 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

My sentiments as well :lol:
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,218 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

seems legit. mirrors my own experience. i've noticed a bunch of matchups have become, "what one do I NOT want to vote for"

Edited by avelanch, 30 November 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#14 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,257 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

I voted The League only because I like it better right now.

Walking Dead was the easy choice

Never seen The Mentalist, but still got my vote.

I always hated Frasier and like How I met your mother.

Keep voting guys/gals
Posted Image

#15 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,257 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

Game over for this round. Onto the next one.
Posted Image

#16 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

It's weird how people have such different opinions on shows. I think you might be the only person I know so far that despises The Walking Dead.

I hate it for the same reasons bassi does. I don't get why people like this show at all, other than because zombies are kind of 'in' right now. The acting is super poor, the writing is boring, and the plot hinges on (as bassi says) soap opera grade drama. And when there's "exciting" stuff, it's within 14-A confines. There's no edge at all, and the characters are just tropes. Boring, one dimensional tropes.

I'm re-watching The Sopranos right now and it's so good it makes me want to cry. Edie Falco is the best actress in TV, the story is remarkable, there's so much going on in every episode. All these weird meta jokes, so much symbolism, political/social commentary, and great, memorable dialogue.

After the obnoxiously dated first season, I'd say The Sopranos is the best show in TV history (dethroned Deadwood), and it rarely even get mentioned in all of these TV threads on CDC.

My hat goes off to all of you who choose HBO over AMC, NBC, and that stuff.

EDIT: To be fair, I only saw the first season and one episode of the second. I even read a bunch of the comics (which I enjoyed). But it just doesn't translate well, and after I saw the second season didn't improve, I jumped ship.

Edited by GLASSJAW, 01 December 2012 - 04:11 AM.

marge.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#17 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

^^^

Ever occur to folks that perhaps Walking Dead is getting a number of default votes because people don't want to choose 30 Rock either? Eenie, meenie, miney, moe...... I'm not a fan of either show but in order to vote in the poll for the shows you do like, you're forced to vote in all pairings regardless of whether you're a fan or not.

While God knows I hate to agree with GJ about anything, (even the state of the weather), I do agree that The Sopranos rule over all.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 01 December 2012 - 04:26 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#18 KoreanHockeyFan

KoreanHockeyFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,585 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Noooo Two and a Half Men...they brought Kandi back too...

#19 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,574 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

It's a shame that The League is going to lose out to a show that hasn't been funny in a very long time...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.