The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Farcry 3

Guest Gumballthechewy

Guest Gumballthechewy

I looked back three or four pages and I didn't see a thread for this game. I just saw a commercial for it and wondered if anybody's heard about it/going to get it? That was the first time I've heard about it.

The launch trailer, if anyones interested. Game looks phenomenal in graphics, gameplay, characters, basically every important thing.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I remember Farcry 2 was pretty fun (for some reason it had absolute nothing to do with the first game...) but it was buggy as hell.

The commercial did look good. Pretty sure I read one review saying it was like a cross between Farcry and Assassins Creed or something like that.

I remember Farcry 2 was pretty fun (for some reason it had absolute nothing to do with the first game...) but it was buggy as hell.

The commercial did look good. Pretty sure I read one review saying it was like a cross between Farcry and Assassins Creed or something like that.

yeah, i watched some gameplay and reviews (came out yesterday for people in australia) and looks really good. Don't know what to do, because i just bought BO2 4 days ago and don't want to get a game until GTAV. I will probably put an ad on kijiji and sell it for $50 (got a warranty so the new owner could say it doesnt work and get a new one for free)

From what i saw it has a mix of many games:

Dead Island's customization

Just cause 2 Tropical paridise

Elder Scrolls questing and free roam (90% of what you see you can get to)

Assassins Creed you can choose from going stealth to gun blazing

I heard something on the comercial comparing it to Red Dead Redemption. I LOVED that game.

Guest Gumballthechewy

From what i saw it has a mix of many games:

Dead Island's customization

Just cause 2 Tropical paridise

Elder Scrolls questing and free roam (90% of what you see you can get to)

Assassins Creed you can choose from going stealth to gun blazing

It has been really good so far. It's most definitely a case of where if you think you will like it, you will totally like it.

Right off the bat the give you a taste of everything. The acting and character animation is brilliant. There's a load of side quests and objectives to go try out. The environment is beautiful. The world is large, and exploration is encouraged. The hunting is fun. The driving works well. Stealth mechanics work well. Gun mechanics are a bit bland in a Call of Duty kind of way, but when you're busy mowing down an enemy camp it's hard to care.

I think most importantly with regards to the main story, I really want to get out there and save my friends. Whatever it is about the game, it's really easy to get into it. I have yet to try the multiplayer, so I can't comment on that. But at this moment I really don't care, because the single player has me busy.

So I'm very much enjoying my time with the game, and I would recommend it to anyone. One thing though is that my PC has a very hard time running this game. Low settings, mediums setting, it doesn't matter as the frame rate is always tanking. I hope it's just an optimization issue they will patch up, but as of now it's making it much harder for me to play the game than it should.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Nice, sounds like I'm gonna have to buy it now!

Is there things to find? Like in FC2 there was the diamond cases, is there anything like that in this game?

Stealth works, eh? If I remember correctly the stealth in FC2 was very hit and miss.

Whats that about hunting? Are you talking hunting people or like Red Dead, you can go out and hunt animals, hunting?

Nice, sounds like I'm gonna have to buy it now!

Is there things to find? Like in FC2 there was the diamond cases, is there anything like that in this game?

Stealth works, eh? If I remember correctly the stealth in FC2 was very hit and miss.

Whats that about hunting? Are you talking hunting people or like Red Dead, you can go out and hunt animals, hunting?

Guest Gumballthechewy

DollarAndADream made me realise I didn't thank you properly g_bassi, so thanks for the review it's much appreciated.

Archived