The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] GDT Wolves at. Admirals. 5 pm PST

Ossi Vaananen

I figured I was overdue for a Wolves GDT. I did a little pregame write up below, hope you enjoy.

wolves.gifvs. 200px-Milwaukee_Admirals.svg.png

Meanwhile-in-Belarus.jpg

The Wolves head to Milwaukee for a Midwest division tilt against Nashville's farm team, the Admirals. The game will be broadcast by Xfinity and hopefully one of those sites we can't talk about.

The Wolves have only won 1 of their last 6 and 2 of their last 9. Their current skid has placed them second in the Midwest division, behind the Grand Rapids Griffins.

There is some positives to be taken from the Wolves, as forwards Zack Kassian and Jordan Schroeder are currently riding point streaks. Kassian has 5 points in the last 4 games, while Schroeder has goals in consecutive games. After a slow start to the year (1 assist in 5 games), Schroeder has upped the tempo with 10 points in the last 13 games.

Normally around this point there would be stats about the Admirals, but I don't have any and I'm too lazy to look. They seem to be a decent team currently 8-8-2 on the season. Most notable players are Ryan Ellis and Mattias Ekholm, both fantastic defenders.

The Wolves are currently battling the injury bug, with Eddie Lack (lower body) and Steve Pinizzotto (shoulder) the recent victims. Also struck are forwards Taylor Matson, and Stefan Schneider, while defenseman Patrick Mullen is out with a season ending shoulder surgery.

Recently recalled players Jeremy Blain, Darren Archibald, and Joe Cannata all dressed for the Wolves Wednesday night, while Canuck prospects Andersson, Rodin, Sweatt and Friesen enjoyed the press box. Look for some line up changes again tonight.

It's expected Climie will get the start, although it's the AHL and they don't even do these sorts of write ups so it's possible it could be Cannata.

Roster (changes will be made closer to game time):

Haydar - Ebbett - Kassian

Sweatt - Schroeder - Rodin

Archibald - Longpre - Gordon

Miller- Mallet - Desbiens

Matheson - Tanev

Connauton - Joslin

Sauve - Blain

Climie

Cannata

Archived