The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Calls from this number: 604-558-0501

Pouria

I got repeated telemarketing calls from some dude in India whom I could barely understand. After several calls I lost my patience and raised my voice with him. Introduced him to the F word etc..

The cockroach put me on some sort of auto call. I'd get calls at all hours from 2 different numbers including in the middle of the night. Bothered me to no end for 2 weeks.

I called Fido and they couldn't do anything, iPhone does't have an app to block certain numbers on the App Store. After some research I found iBlacklist via Cydia. Must jailbreak iPhone to get it.

Now every time I get a call from telemarketer I add it to iBlacklist.

I also registered on Do Not Call registry. It made a difference but it's not 100% effective. Gotta say it reduced annoying calls by approx 75% or more. But if anyone has an iPhone, iBlacklist is mandatory. You can set it to do a number of different things like forward to answering machine, busy tone, hang up etc..

The DNCL works - sometimes...at least once a month I get the famous automated computer message "Congratulations, you have been selected for an Air Miles Reward - press 1 to speak to a representative..." It has nothing to do with Air Miles - it's a scam. Report the number, it shuts down, and they come back with a new one. So now I just resort to my own way of dealing with them. I press 1, then turn the music up really loud until they hang up. Yeah, I know, not solving anything - but It makes me feel good! :lol:

I got a couple from some area code in Minnesota, I googled it the first time, remembered the area code and when they called back a second time:

"Hi, this is Matt on behalf of the Vancouver Whitecaps"

"No you're not, you're in Minnesota"

Haven't heard from them since. Apparently this number calls a lot of people who are in MLS markets these days. I have never given any information or money to the Whitecaps for anything

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, I just got a call from "Hello, we are receiving error about your Windoze computer"!

So I played along for a bit then asked them how they got my number, said it was when I bought the computer, so I asked, okay, which computer as I have more than 1 in my house, uhhhhhh....then I said, oh, this is "windows",,,,what about Unix? Then I asked him for his number as something just came up so I would have to call him back...sorry, we don't hand that out as we don't like being called directly - I said "really? same here" and I hung up. LOLOLOL

Archived