The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Empty Opening Day Movement

RAMBUTANS

Ok sign-up here to show both players and owners they can't mess with their real "employers".

We're trying to get people to commit to not watch Day 1 of the NHL in the arena as a way of saying we are disgusted with how you treated us.

After Day 1, you can do what you want as a statement has been made already.

Let me go first.

1. Mr. Reputable

It would sure be nice if we (the fans) could put something like this together league wides. Just one game with zero tickets sold besides season ticket holders and no consession sales would be a small but great dent in the wallets of these rich bastards. I like the idea an hope something like this happens. I'm sure it won't but its would be awesome

Ok sign-up here to show both players and owners they can't mess with their real "employers".

We're trying to get people to commit to not watch Day 1 of the NHL in the arena as a way of saying we are disgusted with how you treated us.

After Day 1, you can do what you want as a statement has been made already.

Let me go first.

1. Mr. Reputable

It would sure be nice if we (the fans) could put something like this together league wides. Just one game with zero tickets sold besides season ticket holders and no consession sales would be a small but great dent in the wallets of these rich bastards. I like the idea an hope something like this happens. I'm sure it won't but its would be awesome

The most effective way the fans can show their displeasure is by boy-cutting the NHL when it resumes. By not subscribing to NHL network, not buying their merchandise and tickets or not renewing season tickets. If you can decrease their revenue to the point where every NHL team is losing money, then they will get the point of how negative this lockout has been. Vote with your pocket not with petitions. There is no point in any petitions since it doesn't affect owners or players. You have to hit them where it hurts, their wallets.

I'm with this guy, sure I won't be going to games (barring gifts, tickets won in contests etc.) but I'll be frank, I'll be happy when hockey is back on. Canucks is a major friend-fest for me, get like 18 people together and crash someone's house to watch the game, I'm more excited for that then the actual game at this point though.

Archived