The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Empty Opening Day Movement

RAMBUTANS

LOL @ people cancelling their season tickets thinking it will send a message. You know our season ticket lineup has like 10,000 people waiting in line right? Those seats will be filled no matter what. This is Vancouver, we breathe Canucks hockey and this is the one thing that brings this city together. I cant wait to cheer my boys on again! GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

Was at the game tonight.. Quietest building in the NHL I swear. I was in a section with a bunch of Oilers fan but it was about 5050 even with Canucks fans. Every single Oilers fan was cheering for their team, going up against me and one other guy cheering for the Canucks. During the tv time outs you hear all this BS on the scoreboard, the players telling the fans that they're the best fans in the league and they're thanking us for being so loud and making it an awesome arena to play in. Then all you hear is Go Oilers Go. I just wish the people who went to the games actually got behind their favourite team and cheered them on because the crowd can be a huge difference maker in a game. It's like the Canucks are playing a road game even at home.

Was at the game tonight.. Quietest building in the NHL I swear. I was in a section with a bunch of Oilers fan but it was about 5050 even with Canucks fans. Every single Oilers fan was cheering for their team, going up against me and one other guy cheering for the Canucks. During the tv time outs you hear all this BS on the scoreboard, the players telling the fans that they're the best fans in the league and they're thanking us for being so loud and making it an awesome arena to play in. Then all you hear is Go Oilers Go. I just wish the people who went to the games actually got behind their favourite team and cheered them on because the crowd can be a huge difference maker in a game. It's like the Canucks are playing a road game even at home.

In Vancouver this would never happen, we love our team too much. Yes I agree and if given the chance at really screwing over the business portion of the NHL I would. However I love my hockey, I watched the game on the 19th and plan to watch every game I can moving forward. Would I attend a game anytime soon no. Ticket prices are ridiculous and definitely not after this lockout.

In Vancouver this would never happen, we love our team too much. Yes I agree and if given the chance at really screwing over the business portion of the NHL I would. However I love my hockey, I watched the game on the 19th and plan to watch every game I can moving forward. Would I attend a game anytime soon no. Ticket prices are ridiculous and definitely not after this lockout.

Archived