Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

*48 game season

Van: Edler, Sauve
Det: Helm, Quincey, Tatar

Det needs a good replacement for lidstrom, edler is a big upgrade on quincey, sauve can develop into a good depth defense man Det has the cap space to sign edler when he becomes a FA so I dont see that as a big drop in his value.
Van gets a 3rd line center, a replacement for edler and a good forward prospect to add to vans poor prospect pool

Van: Colborne, Franson(RFA), Percy, 2nd
Tor: Luongo, Rodin, 3rd

Van gets a big center prospect, big defense-man, a good defensive prospect and a 2nd
Tor gets their starting allstar goalie, a talented winger prospect and a 3rd

sign Franson 2 years 3mill @ 1.5mill per
sign Brent Johnson 1 year 750 000

send Tatar, Colborne, and Percy to the minors
keep Kassian, Lack and Tanev in the AHL for the remainder of this season. giving them a limited role now would be detrimental to their development

Roster
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Chris Higgins ($1.900m)
Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)
Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)
Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Cody Franson ($1.500m)
Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) /
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Brent Johnson ($0.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,565,000; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $4,635,000

Edited by Red-Haired_Shanks, 01 December 2012 - 02:48 PM.

NHL! WHY YOU LOCKOUT!

#2 susraiders

susraiders

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Surprisingly enough, I like it.

#3 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,487 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

Not bad. But since Detroit needs D they'll more than likely hang on to Quincey. I'd love to get Helm though.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#4 Red-Haired_Shanks

Red-Haired_Shanks

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Not bad. But since Detroit needs D they'll more than likely hang on to Quincey. I'd love to get Helm though.

well i think any deal for edler would have to have a lesser defensman coming back to fill in edler's space. edler is quite a bit better than quincey so i dont think they would mind parting with him to get edler.

and our minor team gets a lot better aswell with the additions of tatar and colborne
NHL! WHY YOU LOCKOUT!

#5 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Downgrade our defense that much for a 3rd line center and Tatar? I like Helm and Tatar but that's not worth it, we need Edler more than what we would get in return. No for me.

Colbourne isn't very good IMO, Franson isn't a need, I would rather have Biggs or Finn than Percy, but I wouldn't mind the 2nd. so No.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 01 December 2012 - 02:51 PM.

zackass.png

#6 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Minor changes I would suggest (I like it overall):

instead of Helm and Tatar coming over with Quincey, have Val Filppula come over to play on the 2nd (he's pass first and should really complement Kes and Booth)

I also don't see the value in Joe Colborne, would rather have Bozak; 3rd, Franson doesn't want to be on the 3rd pairing which was why he didn't sign to stay in Toronto but stayed as RFA; he wants to be Top 4 I believe but I believe Tanev's earned his spot on the 3rd pairing

Twins - Burrows
Booth - Filppula - Kesler (2nd line play maker and 2nd power play setup man)
Higgins - Bozak - Hansen
Malhotra - Lapierre - Weise (Zack would get this spot along with top PP mins with full season)
/Kassian (in 48 game schedule keeping him with the Moose sounds good)

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Ballard/ Quincey - Garrison
Quincey/ Ballard - Tanev

(if Franson doesn't want to stay then trade him to a team needing Top 4 D)

Edited by g@m3b0i, 01 December 2012 - 05:01 PM.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#7 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

I might do the Detroit deal. Helm is a great 3rd liner, Quincy is a decent top 4 guy, and Tatar is a decent looking prospect.
Only change would be having Detroit throw in a conditional pick if Edler resigns.

Toronto deal is okay. Not a huge fan of Colborne. I would rather Biggs instead of him and the 2nd, and take out our 3rd.
Posted Image

#8 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,338 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

I don't like it. Doesn't address the second line issue and that is a massive hole to fill with Edler gone. Booth and Higgins have both shown they are not consistent second liners. We have the twins and Kesler, and that's it for legitimate top six players. You can make a case for Burrows, but he is arguably a product solely of the twins. Edler missing is taking something he was very good at (PP, PK, 5 on 5, leading point getter on the blue line, most minutes) and laying this upon everyone else for basically a minor change up front.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant, 01 December 2012 - 05:39 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Red-Haired_Shanks

Red-Haired_Shanks

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

I don't like it. Doesn't address the second line issue and that is a massive hole to fill with Edler gone. Booth and Higgins have both shown they are not consistent second liners. We have the twins and Kesler, and that's it for legitimate top six players. You can make a case for Burrows, but he is arguably a product solely of the twins. Edler missing is taking something he was very good at (PP, PK, 5 on 5, leading point getter on the blue line, most minutes) and laying this upon everyone else for basically a minor change up front.

Booth and Higgins werent consistent because they were injured a lot last season. when everyone on the 2nd line was healthy they were pretty good, the problem is they just never had time to get chemistry
NHL! WHY YOU LOCKOUT!

#10 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

I wouldn't trade away Edler for Quincey when Detroit has White becoming a UFA this Summer. We could easily snag White for the right amount of cash, and I believe he would be a great fit for us.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#11 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

Why did you start your post with Detroit needs? All too common lately in these threads. Canucks need to sign Edler not succum to Detroiets NEEDS.

#12 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,497 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

I don't mind the value in the Detroit trade but don't think the Toronto deal comes off. As is often my response in Edler deals, I'd prefer to re-sign him rather than deal him, so there's that. I'd be more interested in a Detroit deal if we could do this:

To Detroit:
Edler, Labate
To Vancouver:
Helm, Brendan Smith, Conditional 2nd if Edler re-signs w/ Detroit

Not sure if Detroit does it, but I think we'd do just fine with that and look to explore our options with Luongo from there.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#13 canuktravella

canuktravella

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

epic fail horrible post bro

#14 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,497 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

^^ Wow, thanks for contributing. Especially considering your proposals.

#15 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,487 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

The irony

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#16 canuktravella

canuktravella

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

sorry im disapointing you boys as soon as the seasons starts ull have some thing else to direct your attentions towards

#17 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,497 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

^^ Maybe just stop standing up on the table and waving your arms while yelling, "LOOK AT ME!"

If your recent proposals have involved gems like 3trades 2 free agent signings, then you shouldn't really come in talking about epic fails.

Edited by elvis15, 05 December 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#18 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,484 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

You are the last person in the world who should be saying that to anyone. :picard:

As for the actual proposal Im not sure I would do it like someone else said who gives a frack about Detroits needs. I think it's underpayment for Luongo and I realize that most people think the Canucks are going to get next to nothing for him but I really don't feel there is an urgency to trade him.

I say hold on to Luuuu till the trade deadline then see where we are at, he will have way more value then if a bubble team needs to make a substantial push for the playoffs, and who knows maybe he will steal the job back away from Schnieds ala Tim Thomas.

Ultimately these trades make Detroit better and they make Toronto better I don't think they make the Canucks better. So I say nay!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.