The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] GDT Wolves vs. Rivermen. 5 pm PST

Ossi Vaananen

Wow just watched the highlights and Rodin had great game. Seriously just about every other clip was of him. He made 3 or 4 nice passes which could have been goals and set Archibald up for a goal that was waived off cause it was after the buzzer.

Good enough to earn wins though, right?

The 3-8 November record is a collective effort though. Not just the goaltender. Not just the coach.

Although it's a lot easier to single out the goalie or coach because they are on their own, it's also a pretty lazy way to look at the team.

It's also a common way for some lazy Canuck fans to criticize their own team. Too bad these fans weren't locked out too.

I give you points, for making an imformed and detailed reply.

But I think the context was a little off. what I was saying is why would you Scratch your 2 best offensive players (at the time, both were on point streaks that has ended the game prior), when there are ton's of other player struggling worse.

Longpre has 8 Points in 17 Games.

Haydar only has 6 Points in 16 Games.

Bill Sweat has 6 Points in 18 Games.

Then you look at Schroeder and Kassian who both have 12 points in 19 and 18 games respectively.

Desbiens has been terrible, Joslin has been terrible, he doesn't Scratch them, and Sauve who was kind of the innocent hostage in all of this I thought actually had been playing pretty well in a shutdown role, he wasn't putting up points (obviously) but he is a +3.

And really the only reason there were all these Scratches were because Connaution threw the puck away for no reason and they scored. Connaution maybe I can understand, but no reason to Scratch the other's especially when there are playing the best on the team.

I give you points, for making an imformed and detailed reply.

But I think the context was a little off. what I was saying is why would you Scratch your 2 best offensive players (at the time, both were on point streaks that has ended the game prior), when there are ton's of other player struggling worse.

Longpre has 8 Points in 17 Games.

Haydar only has 6 Points in 16 Games.

Bill Sweat has 6 Points in 18 Games.

Then you look at Schroeder and Kassian who both have 12 points in 19 and 18 games respectively.

Desbiens has been terrible, Joslin has been terrible, he doesn't Scratch them, and Sauve who was kind of the innocent hostage in all of this I thought actually had been playing pretty well in a shutdown role, he wasn't putting up points (obviously) but he is a +3.

And really the only reason they were all these Scratches is because Connaution threw the puck away for no reason and they scored. Connaution maybe I can understand, but no reason to Scratch the other's especially when there are playing the best on the team.

Hodgson's also currently facing some adversity as a Sabre. Still sitting out after getting his wrist slashed late October. I'm not sure why Hodgson came up again, but it's a shame that he's yet to get a good string of games together as a pro thus far.

Meanwhile, Kassian's been suspended and benched for his games sat out so far this season.

The thing that stood out the most to me was the over all compete level of Chicago during this game. It seems Chicago hasn't played to this level consitently and needs to. I think if guys like Shroeder and Kassian bring their compete level up, they can begin to dominate like they should be doing already. You cant just rely on your skill level to get you through games, you need to bring max effort shift after shift to be successful. Archiblad, Ebbet, and even Miller looked like they wanted it the entire night. Ebbet could've easily scored twice if not for some bad luck.

I hope this is what some of these guys needed to really take their games to another level.

Archived