The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

canuks havent learnt lesson from losing to bruins and kings

What does our record of the last 24 years have to do with a MG regime. Are you saying our scouting staff has been the same for those years? MG came in with his own staff and upgraded prospect development and it will take a while to actually see the results. However just by looking at players as you said corrado, KC, Gaunce, Jensen, and pickups like Lack. I would say our scouting record is pretty decent now. The correlation between the last 24 years doesn't have anything to do with our current staff. It is you who is missing the point.

i disagree  we need a scary 4th line that can play hit and fight   like  jim sandlak back in the day. Teams have learnt that you can walk all over our star players hack slash hit punch anything and theres no repercussions.        id have rather   wasted 2.3 mill cap space on signing george parros  and  matt martin  than resigning raymond  we  need to scare other teams  with hits and physicality.     Our defense in last yrs playoffs played cute and didnt take the man in front of the net  and guess what we almost were swept.  Until this changes   canucks will never win a cup ever.

Lmao. Your going to ignore my post because I have you by the short and curlys? Nice. Fowler is a offensive minded d. He needs years to develop his defensive game, and this is what makes him so special. As coaches will say... " you can teach defence, but you can't teach someone offense".

Your points are absolute trash. If we couldn't draft our team wouldn't have so many of our own picks on our team. The Hansen, Sedin, Sedin, Burrows, Kesler, Bieksa, Edler, Schneider, Raymond, and Weise. Most of these are core players who we have drafted in the past ten or so years or signed minus the twins. Our scouting is bad? You have no proof of that. Not every draft pick is going to play in the show, and while its expected to hit NHL players with your first two picks its not an exact science.

Seriously where do you see the relationship between the past twenty four years and our current scouting staff? They had a couple bad picks, but in general have done a fine job in giving us role players as they sit at the last line of the draft. You could make a stretch for the past ten... But not twenty four. As I said before learn the game of hockey and than post. However I think that will take a very long time in your case.

shut it hansen you dont know crap any team that drafts players like patrick white and jason herter is gonna fail. Gillis is doing better but we definately dont have the best draft scout in the league. Detroit used to, nashvile is amazing at developing stud dmen ryan ellis is next in line for them. ya last year hockey hews ranked our prospects 28 out of 30 teams really solid.

https://www.facebook..._count=1&ref=nf

shut it hansen you dont know crap any team that drafts players like patrick white and jason herter is gonna fail. Gillis is doing better but we definately dont have the best draft scout in the league. Detroit used to, nashvile is amazing at developing stud dmen ryan ellis is next in line for them. ya last year hockey hews ranked our prospects 28 out of 30 teams really solid.

https://www.facebook..._count=1&ref=nf

Lack of heart, biggest problem is our star players arent being protected the team motto is if u hurt our players we'll hurt you on the powerplay guess what bruins beat on sedins and guess what we never scored crap on powerplay we actually gave up like 4 short handed goals in that series!!!

This team did nothing to marchant when he rag dolled sedin. If i had been on the ice in bantam and someone did that to our star player i would grabbed him and at least stood up for him thats called heart. this team lacks it. Another example Duncan Keith intentionally injures sedin and hes out rest a yr theres a bit of a scrum but no one does anything. When the lockout is over we need to sign some mean players our 4th line should be feared (parros woulda been perfect signing but florida grabbed him dammit hes tough and can play)

i disagree we need a scary 4th line that can play hit and fight like jim sandlak back in the day. Teams have learnt that you can walk all over our star players hack slash hit punch anything and theres no repercussions. id have rather wasted 2.3 mill cap space on signing george parros and matt martin than resigning raymond we need to scare other teams with hits and physicality. Our defense in last yrs playoffs played cute and didnt take the man in front of the net and guess what we almost were swept. Until this changes canucks will never win a cup ever.

markus hordichuk and weise are garbage bitz was ok when he played like 8 games for us he could score hit and fight parris could do the same. I want our fourth line to bring the physicality to other teams and if someone does take liberties on sedins there will be a effective response.

i actually watched a bit of ohl and whl last yr loved corrado and thrower and lazar. mcdavid is crazy good or being 15 in two yrs hes gonna be unreal hes averaging a point a game hes the must exciting youngster ive seen in long time so fast on puck and strong.

laps and kassian are not fourth liners 3rd and can fill in second if needed be.

kassian will do good with this season in ahl but may get called up well see i guess if we have a season.

pinnozotto isnt gonna play on canucks this yr hes injury prone due the the fact he plays hard and bigger than his body causing it to break.

marchand doesnt deserve his name spelled right just like his tatoo.

markus hordichuk and weise are garbage bitz was ok when he played like 8 games for us he could score hit and fight parris could do the same. I want our fourth line to bring the physicality to other teams and if someone does take liberties on sedins there will be a effective response.

i actually watched a bit of ohl and whl last yr loved corrado and thrower and lazar. mcdavid is crazy good or being 15 in two yrs hes gonna be unreal hes averaging a point a game hes the must exciting youngster ive seen in long time so fast on puck and strong.

kassian will do good with this season in ahl but may get called up well see i guess if we have a season.

pinnozotto isnt gonna play on canucks this yr hes injury prone due the the fact he plays hard and bigger than his body causing it to break.

marchand doesnt deserve his name spelled right just like his tatoo. i hate that guy frack spelling btw

marchand doesnt deserve his name spelled right just like his tatoo. i hate that guy frack spelling btw

Yes, our draft has been quite hit and miss. Of course it is always under the microscope here. If you compare draft records with Detroit since 2005 (We'll use Detroit because everyone touts how good they are), they have had at least 13 players since with at least 1 game played with a combined average of 19 points. Where as the Canucks have only 8 players but with a combined average of 37 points.

Canucks have faired better this in small comparison. Or have they? Considering Hodgson and Grabner are now gone, and possibly Raymond. Without them -- those numbers fall to almost zero. And with that said, the Canucks have NOTHING to show in the NHL as a result of their drafting from the last half 7 years -- pretty sad.

Pretty much. Look at the Canuck injuries and look at the Bruins injury report; they had zero significant injuries. The odd broken nose or laceration, nothing that would terribly hinder your performance in any way.

Now of course King of the BS or someone else will come here and say we're making excuses, but they're wrong. The above is a completely valid reason why we lost and it should not be ignored.

Archived