The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

canuks havent learnt lesson from losing to bruins and kings

ya malhotra wont signed to another yr he'll be let go after this contracts up, hes not the player he was before injury he might be offered a job as a assistant coach for wolves to help our prospects come along.

corrado will be a good top four dman and hell be nhl ready next yr if not this yr.

ya malhotra wont signed to another yr he'll be let go after this contracts up, hes not the player he was before injury he might be offered a job as a assistant coach for wolves to help our prospects come along.

corrado will be a good top four dman and hell be nhl ready next yr if not this yr.

Boo hoo. The Canucks were allowed to float around like butterflies all season and they thought that was going to win them the cup. It didn't. Injuries shminjuries, a championship team works through all kinds of adversity, digs down deep and does what it takes to win. The Canucks didn't do what it takes and the culture on the team hasn't changed one bit.

Would we have won the cup if we were healthy? Maybe but would we have been so injured if we would have stood up for ourselves instead of eating $hit sandwiches?

You keep hoping for different results but maintain the same approach and you'll keep getting what you always got.

Case in point: If you broke my fingers and I didn't take you out at the knee or straight up knock your teeth out, you could say that I have aquired a taste for eating $hit sandwiches. Same could be said for my teammates if you slashed me, especially if I am a star player, and they don't stand up for me. Then, it could also be said that the team sat down and enjoyed a giant plate of $hit sandwich.

Edit: I don't disagree that injuries were a reason, however, injuries are not an excuse.

Yes players enjoy playing in a winning environment, but there are other factors such as family, hometown discounts, environmental factors such as cold winters on the west coast, travel time, and many other factors that make FA's sign else where other than vancouver. Perhaps he could offer them insane contracts, but it seems you seem to fault Gillis for not making contract offers. Canucks fans want the massive offers and when things don't work out then Gillis gets blamed. Well we have an easy job as fans then don't we.... Case and point Mats Sundin.

Wille Mitchell was a UFA when his injury occurred, so we had an option of letting him go or signing him. At that point in time no one knew if he could come back from that concussion. Now good for him for coming back and getting a cup, but why would you sign a defensemen to a extension, if you don't know if he comes back from the injury. Looking back at it now... perhaps it would be a good idea, but it was also an equally fantastic idea to have 6 smooth skating defensemen. Manny Malhotra was injured when he was under contract. We didn't say... "Oh you have an eye injury, but here is tons of money to play for us". We had him under contract until next year when that eye injury occurred a couple years ago. Raymond has value, but Vancouver Fans always just want to waive the scapegoat. Raymond had a back injury and that could have ended his career. Good on him for coming back and playing. If you have your back broken on a hit, than just maybe you would be a bit more wary going into the corner. Sorry i forgot he's a NHL player... he doesn't have any human emotions such as basic survival instincts.

Santa is listening. Mike Gillis made that trade for Zack Kassian, just so that he could hopefully develop into that player. Now I'm not going to say that we need that nasty defensemen, because it's every GM's dream to have that big nasty mean defensemen who can play big minutes. Seriously how many Zdeno Chara's and Shea Weber's are actually out there. Instead of just saying what we need, why don't fans actually suggest a player who could actually outplay one of our top six defensemen for a role, instead of just gooning it into our d-core. All I hear from CanuksTravella and his "supporters" are that we need this big mean defensemen who can play hockey. Who is this defensemen that we can realistically get, and what team would be stupid enough to let him go unless every Canucks fan breaks open his little piggy bank to make that trade. We would be trading away our entire team just to get that one player, and than there would be complaints we need more skill.

I feel like I have said this many times before, and I will probably say this many times again. Players have different roles, and the Sedin's are clearly skilled players who feed off of each other. Every team has players who play with skill such as Pavel Datsyuk, Sidney Crosby, and Nicklas Backstrom. These types of players are offensive players, and they don't need that physical element in their game to succeed. The Sedin's succeed even when they are hit or have to fight along the boards, and I see them getting stronger every year. Sure every team would LOVE to have their top players be able to hit and be able to drive hard to the net, but in reality it is not going to happen. This is complaints that happen every damn year.

Your points are pretty much reflecting a team that would be the "perfect" team. In reality there is probably no team that will ever be that good aside from Team Canada where all the best go to play. Every team has holes to fill, and every team would love another power forward or another defensemen who is physical and can move the puck. This is why the NHL is fair because there is no team that is stacked so that you cannot beat them. There is no perfect formula for winning the cup, Fans can believe what they want, but seriously I hate to break it to you... but neither you, me, nor anyone in this world... knows the perfect formula to win the cup.

Now I hate to embarrass you some more, actually scratch that... I would love to embarrass you some more. I have plenty of free time now my exams are over, so i encourage you to come up with retorts. I will be more than happy to slowly break down every last sentence of your moronic argument, and embarrass you in front of all the viewers of CDC.

Have a nice day.

Yes players enjoy playing in a winning environment, but there are other factors such as family, hometown discounts, environmental factors such as cold winters on the west coast, travel time, and many other factors that make FA's sign else where other than vancouver. Perhaps he could offer them insane contracts, but it seems you seem to fault Gillis for not making contract offers. Canucks fans want the massive offers and when things don't work out then Gillis gets blamed. Well we have an easy job as fans then don't we.... Case and point Mats Sundin.

Wille Mitchell was a UFA when his injury occurred, so we had an option of letting him go or signing him. At that point in time no one knew if he could come back from that concussion. Now good for him for coming back and getting a cup, but why would you sign a defensemen to a extension, if you don't know if he comes back from the injury. Looking back at it now... perhaps it would be a good idea, but it was also an equally fantastic idea to have 6 smooth skating defensemen. Manny Malhotra was injured when he was under contract. We didn't say... "Oh you have an eye injury, but here is tons of money to play for us". We had him under contract until next year when that eye injury occurred a couple years ago. Raymond has value, but Vancouver Fans always just want to waive the scapegoat. Raymond had a back injury and that could have ended his career. Good on him for coming back and playing. If you have your back broken on a hit, than just maybe you would be a bit more wary going into the corner. Sorry i forgot he's a NHL player... he doesn't have any human emotions such as basic survival instincts.

Santa is listening. Mike Gillis made that trade for Zack Kassian, just so that he could hopefully develop into that player. Now I'm not going to say that we need that nasty defensemen, because it's every GM's dream to have that big nasty mean defensemen who can play big minutes. Seriously how many Zdeno Chara's and Shea Weber's are actually out there. Instead of just saying what we need, why don't fans actually suggest a player who could actually outplay one of our top six defensemen for a role, instead of just gooning it into our d-core. All I hear from CanuksTravella and his "supporters" are that we need this big mean defensemen who can play hockey. Who is this defensemen that we can realistically get, and what team would be stupid enough to let him go unless every Canucks fan breaks open his little piggy bank to make that trade. We would be trading away our entire team just to get that one player, and than there would be complaints we need more skill. WTF? Idon't even...

I feel like I have said this many times before, and I will probably say this many times again. Players have different roles, and the Sedin's are clearly skilled players who feed off of each other. Every team has players who play with skill such as Pavel Datsyuk, Sidney Crosby, and Nicklas Backstrom. These types of players are offensive players, and they don't need that physical element in their game to succeed. The Sedin's succeed even when they are hit or have to fight along the boards, and I see them getting stronger every year. Sure every team would LOVE to have their top players be able to hit and be able to drive hard to the net, but in reality it is not going to happen. This is complaints that happen every damn year. Yep every year, more people realize the reality.

Your points are pretty much reflecting a team that would be the "perfect" team. In reality there is probably no team that will ever be that good aside from Team Canada where all the best go to play. Every team has holes to fill, and every team would love another power forward or another defensemen who is physical and can move the puck. This is why the NHL is fair because there is no team that is stacked so that you cannot beat them. There is no perfect formula for winning the cup, Fans can believe what they want, but seriously I hate to break it to you... but neither you, me, nor anyone in this world... knows the perfect formula to win the cup. Anyone who has ever watched a stanley cup final can see what it takes to win a cup.

Now I hate to embarrass you some more, actually scratch that... I would love to embarrass you some more. I have plenty of free time now my exams are over, so i encourage you to come up with retorts. I will be more than happy to slowly break down every last sentence of your moronic argument, and embarrass you in front of all the viewers of CDC.

Have a nice day.

Sorry man, I'm not interested in lengthy discussions based on what ifs and speculation,and honestly, I don't have a Rainman like recall of player stats and bios anymore since I joined the real world and stopped collecting hockey cards.

I only posted in this thread in agreement with the op. The culture on the team hasn't changed and we have no hope of playoff success until it does. The playoffs are more than a grind yo', that's why they say the Cup is the hardest trophy to win in all of sport(debatable but that's what "they" say). The team who wants it the most, ususally gets it. Boston, Chicago, LA all wanted it it badder than VanC, so they did what it took and the Canucks don't appear to have learned a lesson from that, as the OP stated.

It's a long road to the middle, now if you'll excuse me, I have to run off, I mean take transit, to my dead end job where I will not make quite enough money to eat lunch and service my debt load lolololollol

Just a further note, when you type words such as "n" instead of "and" than it makes your argument lose even more of its merit... which is of course assuming it had any merit to begin with.

Edit: Oh all right, I'll do this one sentence for you because 'tis the season.

Just a further note: When you type words such as "n", instead of "and", then it makes your arguement lose even more of it's merrit... which is of course assuming it had any merrit to begin with.

There's are still a hundred flaws with your sentence (word choice, placement, run-on sentence etc) but that should tide you over 'til the New Year. Cheers.

In 2009 when he put in 25 goals he was considered a potential top six forward. I simply despise the fact that all Canucks Fans want Raymond gone, just because of his injury. Injuries can psychologically affect you as well as physically, so I believe that Raymond can still play. He doesn't have abysmal numbers in the NHL, and despite what you think we have seen seasons where Raymond has been good. Perhaps he isn't at his best right now, but I can tell you if I suffered an injury like that, I would probably never play hockey the same as I would have prior to the injury. You have a lack of sympathy here, and so do most Canucks Fans.

He put up 25 goals in 09. Great. But after that, he just seemed out of place as if he wasn't following the game plan for most games. Doing whatever he wanted. Driving wide, go behind the net, pass it to the point, circle around and crash the net. Or, drive wide, get cut off, turn the puck over. Or, drive wide, try to beat the defender outside, if not, go behind the net, fall down, turn the puck over.

Did Ellie Goulding get ear implants or.....tiny face?

Edit:

FTR- I didn't support Mayray after about 1 and a half seasons of him flopping around. Floppers can flop off right to floppin Flopida, where there is no ice to flop upon, just beaches and flip flops. Floperto Fluongo can hold his hand all the way there. I was hoping the back injury would be the last we saw of Mayray. Although, if someone would take the scotch tape off his skate blades, he might turn into a decent player.

And I only brought Manny up in reference to Willie Mitchell and the fact that, according to these boards, we let Willie go because of his injury (concussion). I will be whining about that until the end of time.Willie is clutch as they come. With him, you can let the flash n dash sell their sizzle.

And we need a big nasty Dman, the uglier the better.

Double Edit:

Ellie, if you want people to answer your questions and queries, try using the "Question Mark".

Here is an example: Ellie, have you been the recipient of transgender surgery?

On a side note: I invented the question mark. True story.

Cheers

Archived