The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

canuks havent learnt lesson from losing to bruins and kings

Man, honestly I don't have the time, energy or motivation to try and pretend like I know how NHL contract and salary cap issues go.

Luongo/May Ray for Bjugstad and a 2nd rounder? Sign Pronger to a 1 year 10mil$? Getzlaf? Luongo for Keith?

Start drafting big Canadian D men? Luongo for Phaneuf? It's hard impossible to talk in the finite when there are so many what ifs.

Letting Mitchell go was terrible and Torres would fall into that category also.

I didn't realize youhad an ongoing beef with the op.

I'm not embarrassed at all. However I don't see what points I have misconstructed, and please tell me what words I have used that no one else has. Do you mean I have used a single word that no one else in this thread has used, or do you mean my points have not been made in the thread prior to my post. If it is the second one than, I would love to say that is the point of a debate is to bring in arguments to support your side of the story.

Now this is pretty good irony right here. You say that they need someone to protect them so that they don't have to, but yet you also say that they should learn to stick up for themselves. I don't understand, do we need to let the twins stick up for themselves, or do we need that grinder on their line to dissuade people from trying to hit them. You say their not wimps, but you do say in your last post that they should be forced to have their eyes pried open and to watch Pavel Bure stick up for himself. Pretty much all you do in this part of your post is contradict yourself by saying things like... "This is not a gentlemen's game" but "There is room for it". Excuse me? If you ever have written any paper trying to argue your point, you would know that you have to stick firmly to your beliefs and to never contradict yourself. If the playoffs were truely about going eye for an eye, than I doubt many players would want to play, if all you go for is cheap shots and to attempt to take out players. Yes I am saying there needs to be an element of "toughness" or "grit" or "an enforcer" to balance and protect the finish and finesse. Some player can combine the two, some need supporting cast. There is room for gentlemen but it is not a gentlman's game, like, say, cricket or golf. That's why the most gentlemanly player award is called the "Lady Bing"That might be true for the pre-lockout era, but now there are rules about head contact and other huge restrictions that prevent you from just "giving the player a whack to the back of his head".Those rules only apply in the regular season and even then it's pretty gray, Perhaps it would benefit you to recognize the fact that the NHL now is less about who can punch their way to the cup, and more about who has more skill, grit, and resilience towards the long grind of a playoff run. I would disagree and say that Vancouver did indeed get punched in and out of the finals in 2011

It looked bad at the time, too, Willie is a beast and aBC boy . He was a canuck's nightmare for a few years with the Wild, couldn't believe it when we landed him. Speaks pretty poorly about management if they are letting a player like Willie Mitchell go because of a concussion. He's an anchor. Was it just the $$$ ?Canucks Drs report? They also fanned on the pass with Hodgson and who knows what else? If Mayray can break his back and play why can't we take a chance on Mitchell. Something went wrong there.

I would be okay with Torres walking but the thing is, we didn't replace him and he was a huge part of the 2011 cup run. The guy is floppin nutz and you need that in one way or another. First guy over the trench or whatever. Intangibles.

Man, honestly I don't have the time, energy or motivation to try and pretend like I know how NHL contract and salary cap issues go.

Luongo/May Ray for Bjugstad and a 2nd rounder? Sign Pronger to a 1 year 10mil$? Getzlaf? Luongo for Keith?

Start drafting big Canadian D men? Luongo for Phaneuf? It's hard impossible to talk in the finite when there are so many what ifs.

Letting Mitchell go was terrible and Torres would fall into that category also.

I didn't realize youhad an ongoing beef with the op.

Archived