The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Fans Dont Want Season Now?

vancouverdepression

To me winning in a shortened season means different advantages to different teams. Teams that have a lot of young players in the AHL have a competitive advantage as they are already in full game shape. Teams that have players in Europe have an advantage as they are in mid-season form.

However some players come back from the lockout in better shape because they've given their bodies some rest and a chance to recover from hockey. (Selanne is an example, maybe Kesler will bounce back strong too.)

I just think the two sides are playing chicken and its going to cost both of them revenue. My worry is the NHLPA and Owners are too stubborn to work out a deal this season.

Win a cup in a 40 game season first.

Then win another one with an 82 game season a few years later.

Then you have 2 cups, and let the morons who bring these topics up argue all day about the 40 game season cup being legit or not.

HIGHLY DOUBT any team cares if they win it with a short or long season. Winning the cup is the greatest achievement players can have! The playoff grind will still be the same and the battles still the same so winning it even on a short season would still be awesome.

Would you rather watch Chicago, NY, Boston or another LA type team winning it while we sit with no cup? I would rather see the Canucks take control and go for the cup with this short season and while they are heathy. I could careless what others would say if the Canucks win a cup on a short season becuase I would rather have that then any other team winning.

Who gives a crap.

Nobody hates on the Devils win in '95, so I wouldn't be inclined to believe they would hate on the team that could win it if there is a season this year.

And even if they do, who cares what bitter people angry that their team didn't win think. If the some team I hate like the Flames or Leafs somehow managed to win I would be mad, but I wouldn't see their cup as illegitimate.

Do you have a source or not? You seem to turn every post into a personal vendetta. What started as a thread about shortened seasons has quicky degenerated into a non-Canucks fanbase bashfest for no good reason. Is it any wonder that fans of other teams loathe Canuck fans. Grow up people.

I'd rather have no season. Then Mason Raymond will be a UFA again and I hopefully won't have to watch him on this team again.

It also brings us 1 year closer to finding out how much of an absolute travesty this team is going to become when the Sedins pass their prime, revealing how incredibly awful our prospect pool is. Maybe then we can get some management/leadership with actual balls that can re-build this team into a contender.

honestly i could care less at this point. Im actually enjoying watching junior and ahl hockey right now. Did you see the kitchener vs windsor game last friday? what a game

I'd rather have both sides suffer as much financial loss as possible for putting me through this every 6 years.

If people bitch about the Canucks winning in a shortened season, they're probably just butthurt losers. Even if there's a 40 game season, all the teams still have the same chance to win it. Plus the playoffs would be the same length. People always say "regular season doesn't matter" so it would be ironic if they complained about the Canucks winning in a short regular season.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The longer this lasts the more I think about last year. In turn the more I hate Duncan Keith, and the more i realize how stupid the Hodgson trade was. What a complete disaster. Two moves that crippled our chances at one of the easiest cup runs ever.

Now with a full lockout we have basically lost 2 shots at the cup during our contending prime. Makes me ill.

Would rub a shortened season cup in the rest of the league's face should it happen.

Archived