105 replies to this topic

#91 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

well if we did win it in a 40 game season and other fans say it was an easy win or whatever we as Canucks fans can always comment/say, 'well if it was an easy win why didn't your team do it (or even make the playoffs)'.

Bottom line is 40 games plus an additional 20 or so is still a big number of games. And there will still be a long grind in the playoffs. I would rather win the cup in a full season because it would be more fun, but even if it is 40 game season it will still be something to be proud of.

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

#92 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

Ugh. I could totally see that happening. We win the Cup and all the other team's ???? fans just say, "LOL yeah the only way the Canucks can win the Cup is if the season is shortened. It doesn't even count as a real Cup win." Or some other unintelligent argument like that.

Why worry about what other teams fans think. If the Canucks won the cup by playing every playoff game going into triple overtime Coil and Lame fans would still say it was a sham. No room here for touchy feely for other teams fans.

#93 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Don't care. I'm done with hockey the NHL.

I'm only on these message boards right now because of a few posters anyway.

I can;t take this seriously, because of your message on the bottom. So, I'll see you at the game?
Posted Image

#94 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Could care less if there was NHL hockey this year , Other then the odd check in on CDC i have lost interest in the NHL for this season
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#95 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

:rolleyes:

Whooosh.........

Just got tired of anonymously plussing anyone who disagrees with me, or what? :lol:

I was unaware that there was a non-anonymous way to "+" a post. Since you seem to be an internet super sleuth maybe you could enlighten me as to how that can be done. The "+" button saves me the trouble of making a bunch of single word posts that read "This" which tend to clog up threads on this board, kind of like the petty insults that you resort to when anybody disagrees with you or demands a source when you make statements that are clearly nonsense. Believe it or not I do actually agree with you once in awhile but it's not very often. Usually it's when you aren't talking about hockey.

#96 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

I was unaware that there was a non-anonymous way to "+" a post. Since you seem to be an internet super sleuth maybe you could enlighten me as to how that can be done. The "+" button saves me the trouble of making a bunch of single word posts that read "This" which tend to clog up threads on this board, kind of like the petty insults that you resort to when anybody disagrees with you or demands a source when you make statements that are clearly nonsense. Believe it or not I do actually agree with you once in awhile but it's not very often. Usually it's when you aren't talking about hockey.

Posted Image

Oh do, seriously, please, enlighten us on the 'clearly nonsense statements' that have allegedly been made by me in this thread.....really, I can't wait.

*cue the Final Jeopardy theme*

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 06 December 2012 - 12:22 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#97 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Posted Image

Oh do, seriously, please, enlighten us on the 'clearly nonsense statements' that have allegedly been made by me in this thread.....really, I can't wait.

*cue the Final Jeopardy theme*

Someday you will produce a post without any emoticons in it. Someday...

Post #8 of this thread is typical of you, a knee jerk comment with no real basis in fact, just your prejudice.

Edited by thema, 06 December 2012 - 12:28 AM.

#98 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

You're allergic to them or what? lol

Oh. Get. Over. Yourself.

Funny how others in the thread posted similar sentiments yet you chose to pick out only me to vent your bile on.

How could you possibly know what is 'typical' of me when you've only been here since June? Oh, that's right, you've been here before.......dupe account.....gotcha. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

No real basis? My 'basis' as you call it is similar to goalie13's......first hand experience. Get over your self-righteous, priggish self already, it's getting old, tired and boring, Zippy.

Very quickly running out of patience and hope that there will be any kind of a season this year....disheartening, it is.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 06 December 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#99 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

I'd rather have no season. Then Mason Raymond will be a UFA again and I hopefully won't have to watch him on this team again.

It also brings us 1 year closer to finding out how much of an absolute travesty this team is going to become when the Sedins pass their prime, revealing how incredibly awful our prospect pool is. Maybe then we can get some management/leadership with actual balls that can re-build this team into a contender.

The goal of this team is to win the cup, buddy. If we're raising Lord Stanley above our heads, I would give anything to make it happen.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#100 CodyHodgson's #1fan

CodyHodgson's #1fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

How would it not be legit?

The playoffs would still be four rounds.

Because unfortunatley, there are uneducated people out there that the only arguments you would be hearing would be "It dosen't count, the season was shortend". and even though you are right with the 4 playoff rounds you can never argue with those people.

Even if we won the cup, 16-0 and the whole season 82-0 the other fans would STILL find SOMETHING to complain about how we didn't deserve it. Everyone just hates us. But that's okay, my hockey coach always says it's healthy to be hated, that shows jelousy which is the best form of flattery, they hate you because you're better than they are.

Here's a quote I find to be relevant for this comment: "Don't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to thier level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain.
Always will love and support Cody Hodgson, great player, great potential great character, and I don't care about those stupid rumours about the trade. And we lost him, what a dissapointment. Love you COHO, forever a canuck in my heart!

One day Luongo will raise Lord Stanley's cup.
And show all those haters that he is the amazing goalie that he is.
No matter what jersey he wears, I will always be cheering for Luongo.

Forever Believe.

#101 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

You're allergic to them or what? lol

You need to show more empathy BB. The thin-skinned folk have been known to break out in a rash at the sight of one emoticon. I am using all my strength not to post one because I don't want to be held accountable for someone being put in such a dire situation.

The rash can become so bad for some that it causes absolute mental havoc. For example, these poor souls simply can't comprehend the fact that Canucks fans can be in contact with Flames fans that will take every opportunity to bash the Canucks success. Weird isn't it...........like the two aren't even allowed to talk to one another, even though some Canucks fans LIVE amongst Flames fans.

The final symptom is when an individual claims to be a Canuck fan but bashes the team and it's fans at every turn.

This rash is a doozy. All because of one little emoticon.

So please BB............take care...............be considerate with your use of emoticons. They can be dangerous little creatures.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#102 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

You need to show more empathy BB. The thin-skinned folk have been known to break out in a rash at the sight of one emoticon. I am using all my strength not to post one because I don't want to be held accountable for someone being put in such a dire situation.

The rash can become so bad for some that it causes absolute mental havoc. For example, these poor souls simply can't comprehend the fact that Canucks fans can be in contact with Flames fans that will take every opportunity to bash the Canucks success. Weird isn't it...........like the two aren't even allowed to talk to one another, even though some Canucks fans LIVE amongst Flames fans.

The final symptom is when an individual claims to be a Canuck fan but bashes the team and it's fans at every turn.

This rash is a doozy. All because of one little emoticon.

So please BB............take care...............be considerate with your use of emoticons. They can be dangerous little creatures.

Posted Image

LMAO!!! ::D

*clears throat, wipes eyes, hand over heart*

I shall endeavor........ to do my best............ to do my duty......to empathize.....to limit the posting of these dangerous little creatures in order to lessen the rashes and mental havoc of the thin-skinned folk....... yes sir, Mr. Shift-4 sir, we must all do our part, musn't we?

A little humour goes a long way to lighten the withdrawal effects of the No-Canucks-Hockey-Canucks-Fan........ *sigh*.........no Canucks hockey :(

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 06 December 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#103 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

"Don't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to thier level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain.

Thanks for the advice Mr. Twain. See y'all...

#104 westcoast

westcoast

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

The fans should give them a deadline of dec 25 or demand the season be cancelled.then plan to spend vacation and money on something else and here's why.if there's a shortened season the rush to the finish will probably pack the games and eliminate the chance for the kids outside of the cities to go watch a game and that's very wrong.

#105 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

It's gone too far, the season is completely compromised now. Even if they reach a deal my tickets to Canucks/Leafs in December are gonna be wiped out. I don't even want to see a season now, it would just be insulting. Take the time to get the CBA right, take the time to get rid of Bettman for good. This hockey season is done.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#106 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,680 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Even if they played a full season, people would still make up an excuse about how it wasn't a real win.

But I'd take a 44 game cup win.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.