The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Hobbit Thread

Bilbro Baggins

So for those who have read the book, there is a part at the end of the novel that says that gandalf and other wizards joined together to chase the necromancer (Sauron) out of Mirkwood. That is all what was said about it. Do you think Jackson will input that into the trilogy? It could be a fantastic addition.

P.S. Didn't think that gave anything away for those who haven't read the book

• 2 weeks later...

'pretty decent' pretty much sums it up for me. good, but absolutely disappointing in that 'good' is not good enough after the trilogy.

the things i thought i wouldnt like about the movie (judging from early reviews and trailers) i actually didn't have any issue with. but i had some big issues with other aspects

thought bilbo's casting was perfect.

still have hopes for the new trilogy, but it was a weak start imo

It was good but my expectations weren't exactly met. I knew that was going to happen after re-watching the LOTR trilogy and finding either diminishing returns or nostalgia had enhanced them in my head.

My expectations were high but the movie was just good. Freeman was fracking great though...Something felt off to me about Mckellen though. Not bad just off.

It was good but my expectations weren't exactly met. I knew that was going to happen after re-watching the LOTR trilogy and finding either diminishing returns or nostalgia had enhanced them in my head.

My expectations were high but the movie was just good. Freeman was fracking great though...Something felt off to me about Mckellen though. Not bad just off.

did anyone find jackson's camera work to be just tedious?

the way we'd see the hobbits (or whatever) walking along a cliffside, and the camera pulls back, and off to the side?

yes, jackson, we get it, the world is majestic and we have a nice scaled model

there was literally that same shot / camera 'technique' done about 35 times in the movie. that weird angled pull back.

UGH

Archived