The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

trades to shake up core and get a lil younger

heres my proposal

1st trade- capitals dmitri orlov for janick hansen

solid 2way 3rd pair dman 19 points last yr in 60 games due to call up due to injuries.

have to give sonethng to get a good player.

2nd trade- stars jamie benn 2nd round pick for alex edler.

edler will be a ufa next yr unless we resign him. plus he has a bad back. this ones risky

does it seem like a fair trade or would we want more for him?

the way i look at one of either ballard or edlers will be gone.

we as a team have to many four million dmen ones gotta give

bieska 4.6 hamhuis 4.5 ballard 4.2 garrison 4.6 edler could get 7 mill in offseason or more

specially with wings and flyers drooling over any big name ufa dman.

3rd trade- bobby luo for tyler bozak karl gunnarson 2nd rounder

do you think thats fair or would you want leafs first round pick instead of 2nd??

4th trade raymond for a bag of bbq dorito chips or give him a one way ticket to siberia.

sign a free agent 4th liner thats gritty any ideas let me know.

new lines would look like this ....

sedin sedin burrows - old steady line

benn kesler booth - this line would be fast and score bunches

kassian bozak higgins - hard working 3rd

manny lapps freeagent - shutdown line

bieska hamhuis solid first pair

ballard garrison scores and defensive

orlov gunnarson cheaper third pair responsible

alberts

tanev connauton corrado fight for spots next yr

schneider

backup plug or lack

good or bad ??

I like orlov for Hansen. slight underpayment on our part I think. the only way I'd ever trade edger was if we got a grade a defensive prospect back like orlov so that works. stop trying to trade for benn. he is untouchable. Dallas is building around him. love the raymond trade. the lu trade is fair...just not a fan of gunnarson.

thanks guys first proposal no ones trolled me haha i only would trade edler if he isnt gonna sign long term

but if he does then ballard would need to go but since av has killed his worth its not worth trading him i sure hope gillis fixes this.

Oh ya orlovs awesome wishful thinking in three yrs hamhuis corrado

garrison connauton

orlov sauve would be good

i hope this yr sauve gets a shot

Logged in just to respond to this crap

1. We will NEVER get back in return for trading Hansen the value and work ethic he brings to the table.

2. You are dreaming to think that the Stars would ever Trade Benn. If they were to Kesler would be a starting point.

3. If leafs don't pony up a 1st ++ I don't think MG should do it --> that is just my opinion though.

4. Hmm let Raymond go for nothing or take a zero risk (consider the canucks already have him) potential high reward (should he have a bounce back year) - As unlikely as it is for him to become a solid top-6 player, some chance is better than just cutting him and ending up with a cap hit anyways.

If this is your first proposal I hope it is your last. Very weak use some common sense!

Logged in just to respond to this crap

1. We will NEVER get back in return for trading Hansen the value and work ethic he brings to the table.

2. You are dreaming to think that the Stars would ever Trade Benn. If they were to Kesler would be a starting point.

3. If leafs don't pony up a 1st ++ I don't think MG should do it --> that is just my opinion though.

4. Hmm let Raymond go for nothing or take a zero risk (consider the canucks already have him) potential high reward (should he have a bounce back year) - As unlikely as it is for him to become a solid top-6 player, some chance is better than just cutting him and ending up with a cap hit anyways.

If this is your first proposal I hope it is your last. Very weak use some common sense!

lay off man it's not terrible. far from the worst we've seen on cdc. and you know when you consider hansen an untouchable you overvalue our players. although he has truck loads of heart and work ethic he is far far from an offensive Juggernaut.

With a trade proposal, you need a "why do it?" rationale (as opposed to just "why not?") and you need the trades to be realistic. As has been said, the only significant improvement amongst these moves is the acquisition of Benn, and Dallas isn't trading him, least of all for a UFA-to-be. The Lu trade is pretty unoriginal, and the other ones don't seem to have much of a point save for "shaking up the team", which I strongly doubt Gillis is seeking to do. Not a downright awful proposal, but not really exciting either.

The Caps would never go for it. They have a plethora of gritty wingers, and Orlov has the potential to be a solid top 4 D.

Dallas would also not go for it. Benn is the future of their team.

Not a fan of Bozak, so I wouldn't do the TO trade. I would want one of their high end prospects in return.

Archived