Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan Murray

Same Play! (Marchand on Vancouver)

61 posts in this topic

Does everyone remember Marchand hitting Salo, where he was protecting himself? I watched Game 4 of the SCF 2011 today.

Click on this link-

Go to 8:40 of the video and watch. The player streaking into the Canucks zone is Marchand, and he almost takes out Daniel's head. On top of horrible officiating to make the game worse for Canadian teams, the lockout happens?

This is so sad. My parents are always telling me of hockey before the 2004-05 season, when I was just 4 years old. In my recent memory, I can't remember one game where I haven't yelled at the TV, or been mad with Gary Bettmann. Resolve the lockout soon, NHL and PA. I'm a die-hard fan you don't want to lose, but you seem to be trying really hard to doing so. All areas of the sport are now bogus.

Terrible, the reffing was absolutely atrocious in the finals.

The officiating was abysmal in the finals. Marchand should have been suspended almost immediately for his play. Rome gets 4 games for running over Horton, but Marchand gets away with almost killing Daniel? There was no excuse for how badly that series was handled by the officials and the NHL's lack of discipline.

So much puzzling officiating that series. I've come to terms with it though, what's done is done, the NHL got what they wanted. I'm sorry, but hacking a guy in the back of the legs with your stick should always be a penalty but Boston didn't get called on it once and off the top of my head I can remember at least 10+ cases of that happening. Yet we were the Villians....all because of a CLEAN hockey hit 1/4 of a second late.

The play you're referring to, is a classic case of what Boston was getting away with. Clothesline + low bridge (interference) hit? What a joke. Thanks for the reminder.

I hated Boston before this series, but after it it just added fuel to the fire.

I had no idea Marchand was a dirty player and a douchebag till now

I still claim to myself that we won the cup that year against Boston, because of how ridiculous things were. They were playing like the 1970's Flyers, or the guys from the Slap Shot movies, and almost nothing was being called against them!

I had no idea Marchand was a dirty player and a douchebag till now

Marchand is hated by several teams throughout the league because of how he plays.

Does everyone remember Marchand hitting Salo, where he was protecting himself? I watched Game 4 of the SCF 2011 today.

Click on this link-

Go to 8:40 of the video and watch. The player streaking into the Canucks zone is Marchand, and he almost takes out Daniel's head. On top of horrible officiating to make the game worse for Canadian teams, the lockout happens?

This is so sad. My parents are always telling me of hockey before the 2004-05 season, when I was just 4 years old. In my recent memory, I can't remember one game where I haven't yelled at the TV, or been mad with Gary Bettmann. Resolve the lockout soon, NHL and PA. I'm a die-hard fan you don't want to lose, but you seem to be trying really hard to doing so. All areas of the sport are now bogus.

Learn sarcasm

This was 2 years ago, we already beat it to death.

I haven't seen any Stanley Cup finals footage in over a year and that's not about to change now.

rat boy will get what's coming to him some time next season. (if there is a season)