The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chicago: Cop shoots puppy then issues owner parking ticket

key2thecup

King of think both parties are in the wrong here, but still the officer is dumb for shooting the dog, & he goes on to write a ticket afterwards, come on. Where are the other authorities who come out to investigate why the gun was shot in the first place. The investigation got off to a wrong start right there.

I really hate these sensational headlines. If the cop shot the puppy then so be it. He had good reason and I guarantee he didn't just go around doing it just because.

This is a small insignificant matter. A dog is shot... Well how about the atrocities going on in Africa or the murderous atrocities happening in the middle east. Innocent kids getting their brains blown out and innocent civilians losing their lives to Israeli government

Get over it. Its an animal. We kill cows, pigs, chickens and they are the same as dogs. Hell, dogs are even a delicacy in Asia. Tired of people getting all bent out of shape over nothing!

Yup and if it was a puppy it should have been even easier to control. From what I see here the owner is at fault for not securing the animal. None of us were there to see ourselves what happened. All we get are 'dolled' up photos. I don't pass judgement on the officer unless I was there or hear eye witness testimony.

There's usually two sides to every story. However, this part gives me strong reason to doubt the police officer:

While FOX 32's Larry Yellen was interviewing the dog's owners, two police officers drove by the home. 90 minutes later, they came back, asked why Phillips why he had contacted the media and gave him a ticket for not keeping Colonel on a leash.

"They were giving us a ticket, three days after the fact," says Phillips. "So I think they're probably trying to cover their rear ends."

Archived