Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Canada votes against UN motion calling on Israel to open up nuclear program to inspection

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#91 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

Israel has restrictions on military and mixed-use goods imported into Gaza to minimize the number of rocket and artillery attacks launched against Israel. It seems like a reasonable policy. For example, what would the Canadian government's policy be towards Quebec if Quebec started firing hundreds of rockets a month into Ontario?

It's a pre-emptive strike in a defensive war :lol:

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#92 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

I can't provide you a quote about the United States specifically but the whole book is about a global order. It doesn't even take reading between the lines. If you don't understand that the USA was after Britain I don't what to say to you. There is ample evidence that Germany was going to engage with mainland North America.

As far as invading Palestine goes....grab a history of WWII. That should be enough proof. If you need more look to every country Hitler invaded and get back to me.

I'm calling you on that: I'm almost certain Mein Kampf doesn't mention anything outside of Europe. Hitler was also reluctant to go to war with the British: he respected them and truly thought an alliance could be created.

#93 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,425 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

Israel has restrictions on military and mixed-use goods imported into Gaza to minimize the number of rocket and artillery attacks launched against Israel. It seems like a reasonable policy. For example, what would the Canadian government's policy be towards Quebec if Quebec started firing hundreds of rockets a month into Ontario?

All goods imported to Gaza go through Israeli control first. At a fiscal cost.

You can't cut millions of people off from the rest of the world and then pat yourself on the back for giving 'aid.'

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#94 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

I mean that not all the palestinian people want to kill all the israelis ,only the fanatics think this way ,and that by saying this your are displaying your ignorance and stupidity .

And not all Germans wanted to kill all Jews either...your point is irrelevant.

#95 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,425 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

I'm calling you on that: I'm almost certain Mein Kampf doesn't mention anything outside of Europe. Hitler was also reluctant to go to war with the British: he respected them and truly thought an alliance could be created.

:lol:

As I said, you've never read Mein Kampf. Or, at the very least, you didn't understand it. Hitler was very clearly referring to a global order. He was very willing to make peace with Britain because he falsely thought the country shared his values.

What's great about this conversation is that you are being an apologist for Hitler's agenda, Coda, and I am doing my utmost to make you see what the Holocaust actually was.

Titillating.

#96 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

:lol:

As I said, you've never read Mein Kampf. Or, at the very least, you didn't understand it. Hitler was very clearly referring to a global order. He was very willing to make peace with Britain because he falsely thought the country shared his values.

What's great about this conversation is that you are being an apologist for Hitler's agenda, Coda, and I am doing my utmost to make you see what the Holocaust actually was.

Titillating.

I'm hardly defending Hitler: I think he was the worst individual who ever lived. I do like the truth however, and I find no reason to accuse him of planning in Mein Kampf to take over the world when he didn't. You are making that up.

As I said: provide some reference to invading America or taking over the world in Mein Kampf.

#97 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

:lol: So I take it the Holocaust was not a genocide of the Jews because Hitler was not planning to go to Palestine and the United States to kill the Jews there? Did you really think a genocide was only a genocide if every single member of a certain ethnic group was killed?

Really, some of the things you say are bizarre.

Hitler had already hooked up with muslims in the region including the MB.

Funny his vision of a worldwide reich isnt all that different than the worldwide caliphate some nutbags believe in.
Sent from my iPhone Canucks App

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#98 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

So let us be clear on this you are stating that the palestinians are trying to commit genocide.

please provide some REAL EVIDENCE for your claim , and not your usual half baked statements

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#99 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:08 AM

You can't cut millions of people off from the rest of the world and then pat yourself on the back for giving 'aid.'

Provide a reference for that please.

Perhaps that cost you refer to is offset by Israel paying Gaza's electricity bill.

Legal Forum: Don't Make Israelis Pay Gaza’s Electric Bill

“Reason, justice and morality” require that Israel stop giving Gaza free electricity while Hamas bombs Israel, Legal Forum says.

A

A

Font Size

By Maayana Miskin
First Publish: 11/16/2012, 12:48 PM

Posted Image
Hamas terrorists in Gaza

Flash 90

The Legal Forum for the Land of Israel has demanded that Israel stop transferring funds to the Palestinian Authority (PA) in order to put an end to the situation in which Israelis pay for electricity for the very terrorists who are attempting to murder them.

[color=#0000CC !important][font=Arial !important][background=transparent !important]The Finance[/background][/font][/color] Ministry is [color=#0000CC !important][font=Arial !important][background=transparent !important]funding[/background][/font][/color] a 3 billion shekel guarantee for the Israel Electric Company in order to avoid a financial crisis.

[color=#0000CC !important][font=Arial !important][background=transparent !important]At the same time[/background][/font][/color], the PA owes the electric company 700 million shekels in unpaid electric bills – which continue to amass despite Israel collecting 400-500 million in tax [color=#0000CC !important][font=Arial !important][background=transparent !important]money[/background][/font][/color] on behalf of the PA every month and transferring the sum to the PA.

“Even when the residents of the south Israel are living in a reality of ‘Code Red’, under a barrage of missiles and rockets, the Israeli Electric Company continues to provide free electricity to the shooters and terrorists,” the Legal Forum stated in a letter to Finance Ministry CEO Doron Cohen.

“Reason, justice and morality require immediate action before providing huge guarantees to the Electric Company at the expense of the citizens of Israel, when it has not yet collected the funds of the murderers of Gaza,” the group argued.

If Israel continues transferring funds to the PA that are used for Gaza, it will be fundingterrorism against its own citizens, the Legal Forum concluded.

#100 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

Hitler had already hooked up with muslims in the region including the MB.

Funny his vision of a worldwide reich isnt all that different than the worldwide caliphate some nutbags believe in.

He actually does not know much about world history it seems.

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#101 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

So let us be clear on this you are stating that the palestinians are trying to commit genocide.

please provide some REAL EVIDENCE for your claim , and not your usual half baked statements

Ok, if you insist. This is a website that records Palestinian media:

http://www.palwatch....ain.aspx?fi=427

Edited by Coda, 06 December 2012 - 05:18 AM.

#102 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

Ok, if you insist. This is a website that records Palestinian media:

http://www.palwatch....ain.aspx?fi=427

So the ramblings on this website equates with hitlers actions in setting up death camps , and systematicaly shipping people from all over europe and gassing them .

You really are hilarious coda .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#103 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

So the ramblings on this website equates with hitlers actions in setting up death camps , and systematicaly shipping people from all over europe and gassing them .

You really are hilarious coda .

The "ramblings on this website" are primarily direct quotations from top Palestinian leaders and clerics, you fool! Evidently you have no idea what kind of attitudes Israel is up against, and have no interest in learning.

Again I reiterate: Some seem to think the Israelis should apologize for not allowing themselves to be wiped out. How ridiculous is that?

#104 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

The "ramblings on this website" are primarily direct quotations from top Palestinian leaders and clerics, you fool! Evidently you have no idea what kind of attitudes Israel is up against, and have no interest in learning.

Again I reiterate: Some seem to think the Israelis should apologize for not allowing themselves to be wiped out. How ridiculous is that?

so you resort to insults coda :lol:

As Jean Jacques rousseau stated , insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong.

saying something , days not equate to actually commiting that act , i have not seen anyone apart from you claim the palestinians are commiting genocide .

you can reitorate all you like , i have never claimed the israelis should apologise for not wanting to be wiped out by some extreme elements in palestine , again this is one of your ridiculous statements .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#105 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

so you resort to insults coda :lol:

As Jean Jacques rousseau stated , insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong.

saying something , days not equate to actually commiting that act , i have not seen anyone apart from you claim the palestinians are commiting genocide .

you can reitorate all you like , i have never claimed the israelis should apologise for not wanting to be wiped out by some extreme elements in palestine , again this is one of your ridiculous statements .

Evidently you haven't been following the conversation. I said:

Arabs are quite incompetent even when it comes to Genocide.

First of all, I find it kind of offensive that you respond to a page of direct quotes from Palestinian officials calling for Jewish genocide with laughing smileys :lol: :lol: I am at a loss to why you think this is an appropriate reaction...and brings serious doubt to you claims of being a neutral party in the debate.

Secondly, Obviously I agree that the Arabs are not committing genocide. Despite many attempts at wiping Israel out the Arab countries have never managed to defeat Israel's defences. At the moment the Palestinians themselves are relatively impotent, thanks to Israeli measures like embargos on military imports, security checkpoints, and the Westbank wall...limited mainly to inaccurate rocket attacks.

Now this may seem shocking to you but listen to this: Criticizing Israel for not reducing its defences (for example, removing its embargo on military goods into the Palestinian territories, taking down the Westbank Wall, removing to its defenceless 1949 borders, etc. is in effect criticizing Israel for not inviting its own destruction. Implementing each one of these measures led to many fewer Israeli civilians being killed...removing the measures would undoubtedly increase the numbers of Israeli civilians being killed.

Can you imagine any other country, surrounded by hostile neighbours, being criticized for not putting itself into a less defensible position? Such a thing would be absurd.

Thus my comments on having the Israeli's appologize for not putting themselves in a more vulnerable position.

#106 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

First of all, I find it kind of offensive that you respond to a page of direct quotes from Palestinian officials calling for Jewish genocide with laughing smileys :lol: :lol: I am at a loss to why you think this is an appropriate reaction...and brings serious doubt to you claims of being a neutral party in the debate.

Secondly, Obviously I agree that the Arabs are not committing genocide. Despite many attempts at wiping Israel out the Arab countries have never managed to defeat Israel's defences. At the moment the Palestinians themselves are relatively impotent, thanks to Israeli measures like embargos on military imports, security checkpoints, and the Westbank wall...limited mainly to inaccurate rocket attacks.

Now this may seem shocking to you but listen to this: Criticizing Israel for not reducing its defences (for example, removing its embargo on military goods into the Palestinian territories, taking down the Westbank Wall, removing to its defenceless 1949 borders, etc. is in effect criticizing Israel for not inviting its own destruction. Implementing each one of these measures led to many fewer Israeli civilians being killed...removing the measures would undoubtedly increase the numbers of Israeli civilians being killed.

Can you imagine any other country, surrounded by hostile neighbours, being criticized for not putting itself into a less defensible position? Such a thing would be absurd.

Thus my comments on having the Israeli's appologize for not putting themselves in a more vulnerable position.

The :lol: :lol: where directed at your attempt to insult me , so do not come over with your righteous BS Coda .

Have all the doubts you want , i do not care what you think .

so you have finally admitted that the palestinian people are not committing genocide .

the only thing i have critisised israel for is their illegal settlements and land grabs .

After what i have seen in this life , not much shocks me coda

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#107 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

The Israeli's should have perhaps consulted a Realtor before settling there where they are surrounded by enemies .. remember .. LOCATION is everything ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#108 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

Not true. Gaza has a border with Egypt as well.

#109 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

The Israeli's should have perhaps consulted a Realtor before settling there where they are surrounded by enemies .. remember .. LOCATION is everything ..

Things changed substantially between 1850 and 1950. The Jews initially had strong alliances with the Christian Lebanese, the Armenians, the Iranians, and the Assyrians.

The Armenians and Assyrians were wiped out in awful genocides. The Iranians became radicalized. The Christian Lebanese were wiped out of Southern Lebanon. Meanwhile the Hashemites migrated up from Saudia Arabia and were given control of Jordan, Syria, and Iraq. Under the Ottoman Empire, the area was home to various ethnic and religious groups: Druze, Assyrians, Armenians, Maronites, Samaritans, Kurds, etc, and no real group had dominance in the region... Somehow arabs ended up being the only ones with states (with the exception of Israel). And by somehow, I mean the Hashemites and Saudis made a deal with the British to secure oil rights and help them militarily in WWI.

So the region when from a pluralistic region to one that was almost totally muslim arab. The Jews got along and continue to get along just fine with everyone but the muslim arabs. The muslim arabs have continued to remove anyone in the area that is not both muslim and arab.

#110 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Then again this is the same CIA that reported that Iraq had the WMDs.

And isn't it interesting: The Arabs last full-scale assault on Israel was in 1973...the CIA reported Israel has nuclear capability in 1974. As I said before...maybe not a coincidence.

Conventionally you're right: the Israelis should be able to repel any Arab attack at the moment.

the founding and prospering of Israel is one of the most amazing rags-to-riches stories in history.

but how could or should the Israelis respond to an ultimatum like "all Jews must leave the country of Israel or a nuclear bomb will be detonated in Tel Aviv". That's a tough one indeed!

1. The CIA used German intelligence in making the decision of WMD's in Iraq, oh yeah btw German intelligence TOLD the CIA not to trust the informant and that he was unreliable, but they closed their ears to that cause it wasn't about WMDs it was about justifying a new war.

2. You forgot to mention the fact I said, the nuke program began in the 50's with the fruits of the Dimona reactor. The Israeli nuclear program was first revealed publicly on December 13, 1960 in a Time Magazine article..

3. Yes using foreign taxpayer's money to build a country is such a great feel good story.

4. "all Jews must leave the country of Israel or a nuclear bomb will be detonated in Tel Aviv"....
^^^ Who?? gave this quote, and can you reference it? Cause I cant find it through a search.

Mordechai Vanunu (Hebrew: מרדכי ואנונו‎; born 14 October 1954) is a former Israeli nuclear technician who, citing his opposition to weapons of mass destruction, revealed details of Israel's nuclear weapons program to the British press in 1986.[2][3] He was subsequently lured to Italy by a Mossad agent, where he was drugged and abducted by Israeli intelligence agents.[2] He was transported to Israel and ultimately convicted in a trial that was held behind closed doors.[2]

Vanunu spent 18 years in prison, including more than 11 in solitary confinement. Released from prison in 2004, he became subject to a broad array of restrictions on his speech and movement. Since then he has been arrested several times for violations of those restrictions, including giving various interviews to foreign journalists and attempting to leave Israel.

He says he suffered "cruel and barbaric treatment" at the hands of Israeli authorities while imprisoned, and suggests that his treatment would have been different if he were Jewish (Vanunu is a Christian convert from Judaism).[4]

Edited by key2thecup, 06 December 2012 - 01:22 PM.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

#111 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

1. The CIA used German intelligence in making the decision of WMD's in Iraq, oh yeah btw German intelligence TOLD the CIA not to trust the informant and that he was unreliable, but they closed their ears to that cause it wasn't about WMDs it was about justifying a new war.

2. You forgot to mention the fact I said, the nuke program began in the 50's with the fruits of the Dimona reactor. The Israeli nuclear program was first revealed publicly on December 13, 1960 in a Time Magazine article..

3. Yes using foreign taxpayer's money to build a country is such a great feel good story.

4. "all Jews must leave the country of Israel or a nuclear bomb will be detonated in Tel Aviv"....
^^^ Who?? gave this quote, and can you reference it? Cause I cant find it through a search.

Israel did not start collecting substantial amounts of foreing aid since the 1970s. By then the country was already well established.

The USA gives about 2.8 billion dollars to the Israelis. They give 1.7 billion to Egypt. 800 million to Jordan. 700 million to the Palestinian Authority. The aid to Israel is almost entirely "military aid", which is used largely for buying US made weapons.

The Palestinians receive more aid per capita than any people on the planet. Ther per capita aid to Israel and the Palestinians from the USA is not that different. The Palestinian Aid is not "military aid" and therefore does not go back into the USA's economy.

#112 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,425 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

Provide a reference for that please.

Perhaps that cost you refer to is offset by Israel paying Gaza's electricity bill.

Not true. Gaza has a border with Egypt as well.

http://en.wikipedia....mport_into_Gaza

Import of goods into the Gaza Strip is limited as part of the 2007–present blockade of the Gaza Strip imposed by Israel and Egypt. Israel allows limited humanitarian supplies from aid organizations into the Gaza Strip. Humanitarian organizations, including UN agencies, bring goods into Gaza. As of May 2010, they have brought in, according to the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories of the Israel Defense Forces, 1.5 million liters of diesel fuel and gasoline, fruits and vegetables, wheat, sugar, meat, chicken and fish products, dairy products, animal feed, hygiene products, clothing and shoes.[1]

Cement, wood, iron, cattle, animal medicine, musical instruments, notebooks were among the items banned before June, 2010.[2]

Import through Egypt

In addition to the border crossings from Israel, the Rafah crossing from Egypt to Gaza has been closed for the pass of commercial goods since 2007, and Egypt maintained that it would only open the crossing if forces from the Palestinian Authority presidential guard and a European supervisory force guarded the border crossing.[13] On June 1, 2010 the border was partially opened, and the Egyptian Red Crescent sent 30 tons of medicine across the border on June 14. Egypt’s foreign ministry has made it clear that the crossing will remain open mainly for people, not for aid, to go through.[13] The Arab Physicians Union officials submitted a request to Egyptian authorities on June 3, 2010 to send 400 tons of food, blankets, electric generators for hospitals and construction material from Egypt to Gaza, but their request was denied by Egyptian authorities without specific reason. Emad Gad, political analyst at Egyptian Al-Ahram Center for Political and Strategic Studies, believes the government should keep the Rafah border under control because opening it completely could allow weapons smuggling or illegal financial transactions.[13]

Egypt does not limit the supply of gas and fuel, though since Egyptian fuel is heavier than Israeli fuel, it damages the newer cars in Gaza and causes malfunctions.[14]

#113 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

The :lol: :lol: where directed at your attempt to insult me , so do not come over with your righteous BS Coda .

Have all the doubts you want , i do not care what you think .

so you have finally admitted that the palestinian people are not committing genocide .

the only thing i have critisised israel for is their illegal settlements and land grabs .

After what i have seen in this life , not much shocks me coda

I never said the Palestinians were committing genocide...my comments were originally directed at the surrounding Arab nations' failed attempts to wipe out Israel. You are the one who changed the topic to the Palestinians, and it so happens that many Palestinian leaders and clerics advocate the genocide of the Jews in Israel. Obviously they have not been able to cary out such a genocide due to the Israelis stopping them...Israel being a much stronger body than Palestine at the moment.

It is you who failed in reading comprehension.

Edited by Coda, 06 December 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#114 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

I never said the Palestinians were committing genocide...my comments were directed at the surrounding Arab nations' failed attempts to wipe out Israel. It is you who failed in reading comprehension.

Whereas you as a master at condescension and political correctness? .. well done ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#115 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,425 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

I'm hardly defending Hitler: I think he was the worst individual who ever lived. I do like the truth however, and I find no reason to accuse him of planning in Mein Kampf to take over the world when he didn't. You are making that up.

As I said: provide some reference to invading America or taking over the world in Mein Kampf.

No. I unequivocally refuse. Read it again. You missed a lot the first time you didn't finish it, obviously.

As far as Hitler's actual plans to invade North America try doing a simple google search.
http://www.dailymail...vasion-U-S.html

Edited by theminister, 06 December 2012 - 02:05 PM.

#116 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

^^

I see a lot of 'if's and 'could's in that article....

Oh look, the title of the linked article:

What if the Nazis had invaded America? Maps reveal how Hitler could have attacked the U.S. (as imagined by 1942 issue of Life magazine)

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 06 December 2012 - 02:12 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#117 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

http://en.wikipedia....mport_into_Gaza

I was referring to the statement:

First of all, many goods enter Gaza through its border with Egypt...including virtually all the weapons it fires against Israel. Secondly I would like a reference to their being "fiscal cost" associated with goods going through Israeli inspection into Gaza.

Edited by Coda, 06 December 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#118 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,425 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

^^

I see a lot of 'if's and 'could's in that article....

Oh look, the title of the linked article:

Well, it couldn't really be 'did' and 'would' either.

It's crappy writing, sure, but there have been many German documents discovered regarding plans for war with the continental US.

Edit: Ok, I'll find a better source.

Edited by theminister, 06 December 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#119 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

No. I unequivocally refuse. Read it again. You missed a lot the first time you didn't finish it, obviously.

As far as Hitler's actual plans to invade North America try doing a simple google search.
http://www.dailymail...vasion-U-S.html

A 1942 life propaganda piece is not a good source for a planned Hitler invasion of the United States I'm afraid. There may well have been some plans, but Life Magazine certainly wouldn't know anything about them.

As to plans to take over the world in Mein Kampf: why not just admit you're making that up.

#120 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,425 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

I was referring to the statement:

First of all, many goods enter Gaza through its border with Egypt...including virtually all the weapons it fires against Israel. Secondly I would like a reference to their being "fiscal cost" associated with Israeli goods imported to Gaza.

Actually no goods enter through Egypt legally. Did you not read it?

http://en.wikipedia....ian_territories

and Israel collected about $75 million per month in tariffs on foreign imports and value added taxes (VAT) on Israeli goods and services and on average kept about $15 million for the payment of water and power bills of Palestinians, while forwarding the other $60 million to the PA.[1] Israeli collected funds account for about two-thirds of the authority's self-generated revenue.[2] Since the 2006 Palestinian legislative election, Israel has regularly withheld the taxes it owes the Palestinian Authority.[1][3][4]

Anything else you can't be bothered to look up yourself?

Edited by theminister, 06 December 2012 - 02:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.