The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

'Price Is Right' Model Wins $7M+ in Pregnancy Discrimination Lawsuit

dudeone

Not to make this into a case of sexism but some women do this because there's a market for them - akin to prostitutes that are willing in places like the Netherlands, etc.

There's an undeniable acknowledgement for these women that they are mere props or "objects" on this show. They are similar to what some girls do working at restaurants that like to focus on the "hotness" factor - i.e. Cactus Club, Earl's.

That's just the reality of the situation.

However, I am not saying that women ARE objects and should be treated as such. I think there's responsibility that's needed not just for the guys who are keeping these kinds of 'practices' popular, but for the women too that keep this kind of mentality running. It is a two-gender problem that isn't easy to fix.

Also.. the apologist attitude "so what if they are" [with regards to being 'there to look skinny and hot] is not feminist thinking. It's not something that makes women "independent". It only justifies the fact that they are there to do that task, which is why I think women need to not accept roles that are belittling to their kind.

It used to be that Asians in movies were only placed for comic relief. It hasn't been huge steps since then to improve that 'practice' but it has somewhat improved. There comes a time when enough mockery is enough.

Give a child a gun and he can do just as much damage.

It was a woman thinking that another woman can compete physically with a man twice her size because she "gets angry".

It's no secret women aren't built like men. The price is right models, no matter how angry, can't fight. I don't care.

Give a child a gun and he can do just as much damage.

It was a woman thinking that another woman can compete physically with a man twice her size because she "gets angry".

It's no secret women aren't built like men. The price is right models, no matter how angry, can't fight. I don't care.

Archived