Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DonLever

Prince William's Wife, Kate is Pregnant, Anyone Care?

59 posts in this topic

Prince William's wife, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, is pregnant.

The media is going way overboard with the news. CTV national news on Monday, use it as the lead story, eating up 5 minutes of coverage. At the same time, war rages in Syria, tensions tighten in the Middle East with the Palestinean/Israel conflict, bombs going off in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

In North America, unemployment remains high, The Fiscal Cliff looms in the US.

Yet, the pregnancy of Kate, fills the headlines. Hundreds of millions of women give birth every year. So why is there such huge interest in this event? Are we expecting the 2nd coming of Christ?

It's a non-story. People have babies all the time.

Hopefully we've abolished the monarchy by the time this silver spoon-fed child inherits the throne.

95% of all news (especially the garbage people post on here) is non-story stuff that happens all the time

doesn't stop you lot from pretending to care about it

I'd much rather watch happy news about her than about all the killings, wars, crimes, etc. going on...

of course it's fluff but better than unfortunate stuff, the world's depressing and stressful enough as it is

Yes .. we should all care .. it is a life, after all ..

Well it's nice that this will make people happy, but I don't really care about it.

If you tell me Harry is the father I promise I will watch the endless news coverage of the blessed event.

Considering this could become the future king/queen of England and thus Canada, I say it's pretty important news. Whether you believe Canada should still be ruled under a monarchy or not, the UK thinks otherwise.

The media is going way overboard with the news. CTV national news on Monday, use it as the lead story, eating up 5 minutes of coverage. At the same time, war rages in Syria, tensions tighten in the Middle East with the Palestinean/Israel conflict, bombs going off in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Yet, the pregnancy of Kate, fills the headlines. Hundreds of millions of women give birth every year. So why is there such huge interest in this event? Are we expecting the 2nd coming of Christ?

Considering this could become the future king/queen of England and thus Canada, I say it's pretty important news.

So at what point did being cynical just to be cynical become chic?

Saying we don't care but then taking time out to post about it means you care. If you really really truly didn't care you never would have bothered.

Grats to the lucky couple. Hope everything goes well for them.

Important news my arse.

Couldn't care less. William and Harry a lot more likable than the other royals, but I'm still not interested in the slightest.

I don't care so much about the affairs of the Princes... but say something against Her Majesty? It's on.