The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

B.C. hit-run caught on camera

Grapefruits

They caught the guy in South Surrey.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/metro/arrested+connection+South+Surrey/7662271/story.html

PPL should not be jogging/walking at night with our weather. Dark, Rainy no lights. Surrey is known as the City of Parks after all. There's a park in every neighborhood. Go to a park or go to the gym. Otherwise you risk your health and possibly your life.

I have a family member who walks every day. He used to walk to the park which was only 3 or 4 blocks away to do laps on the track and walk back home. I convinced him to drive to the park instead. This is what he's been doing for a few years now. Makes the whole family feel better and at ease.

i get what you're saying, lots of people don't like being crammed into a gym and running on a treadmill though. and if you don't live near a park there's not much else you can really do unfortunately. But these joggers were wearing reflective clothing and headlamps there's no excuse for the driver not seeing them

They caught the guy in South Surrey.

http://www.vancouver...2271/story.html

PPL should not be jogging/walking at night with our weather. Dark, Rainy no lights. Surrey is known as the City of Parks after all. There's a park in every neighborhood. Go to a park or go to the gym. Otherwise you risk your health and possibly your life.

I have a family member who walks every day. He used to walk to the park which was only 3 or 4 blocks away to do laps on the track and walk back home. I convinced him to drive to the park instead. This is what he's been doing for a few years now. Makes the whole family feel better and at ease.

This isn't the answer - for people to avoid walking at night in weather. What if they were jogging to the store or a destination that required that route?

The solution is for the idiots behind the wheel to:

1. Slow down and take extra care when driving, especially at night in the rain.

2. Take defensive driving related courses or at least know how to drive.

3. Always check crosswalks before turning. Duh.

I don't think it's fair to put the focus on the people crossing in crosswalks...it's the drivers who need to clue in.

This isn't the answer - for people to avoid walking at night in weather. What if they were jogging to the store or a destination that required that route?

The solution is for the idiots behind the wheel to:

1. Slow down and take extra care when driving, especially at night in the rain.

2. Take defensive driving related courses or at least know how to drive.

3. Always check crosswalks before turning. Duh.

I don't think it's fair to put the focus on the people crossing in crosswalks...it's the drivers who need to clue in.

i get what you're saying, lots of people don't like being crammed into a gym and running on a treadmill though. and if you don't live near a park there's not much else you can really do unfortunately. But these joggers were wearing reflective clothing and headlamps there's no excuse for the driver not seeing them

Driver at fault. This also could have been prevented had the pedestrians wore reflective clothing - from the video, it didn't look like they did.

Personal advice here: I always take out my phone/iPod and wave it around as I'm crossing the street - it's so that others know I'm crossing and to stop for me as I'm proceeding. A good tip I learned from a bus driver who's seen it all...

100 percent driver's fault at its crap like this i wait a couple seconds before crossing the road even on green light for me or even on a stop sign for drivers i have a couple stop signs around my house that drivers seem to like to run straight through and one intersection on kingsway where again drivers just love to run red lights and during construction thing there is room in the lane and end up getting stuck in the middle of the intersection

Archived