Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Kypereos and MacLean dish it out during Fan 590 show

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

http://blogs.denverp...-toronto/11978/

It is in the bottom. Apparently this whole thing got edited out by the folks at Fan 590 for the podcast.

Have a listen.

Also for the record, as someone who has a pretty solid knowledge about Statistics, average salary doesn't mean squat. MacLean says average NBA guy is making 5.1 million but the average which is the mean is never the best representation for any figure as it is skewed tremendously by guys who are making way more or way less. So even in the NHL the average salary is 2.3 million but that number is tremendously inflated by the high end players. The average 3rd line player isn't making 2.3 million. The number is significantly less

Edited by canuckbeliever, 06 December 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#2 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,746 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

Thanks for posting.
Posted Image

#3 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Yes, of course, it would be fun to see the difference between average and median salarys.

#4 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,904 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

Reeks of typical radio artificiality.

But with the upcoming season cancellation, these guys are on thin ice. Perhaps explains any 'realness' this heated radio talk. Highly doubt it though. Kyper and Dougie Mack in particular have had pretend fights forever now.

suffer.gif

#5 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

You also need to remember that all the rookie contracts significantly lower the average salary.

#6 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

But with the upcoming season cancellation, these guys are on thin ice. Perhaps explains any 'realness' this heated radio talk. Highly doubt it though. Kyper and Dougie Mack in particular have had pretend fights forever now.

It is real. Maclean is up the owners a** and Kyper is pro players

#7 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

This is normal between this two. I've listened/watched t=Mac and Kypper do this type of stuff many times.

#8 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,235 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

first off nba roster is smaller.

2nd, NBA makes more money. more fan support.

But yea, these 2 are goofs. No offence. All they do is slam the Canucks and Luongo. Luongo is not the best, but no one can slam him except for Canucks fans.

Well, I , I feel very good about this draft, but I, I think, potentially you know were gonna have 3 or 4 NHL players out of this group, ummmm, you know like we are not going to prejudice to were they are from.

-Jim Benning June 27, 2015 shortly after the completion of the 2015 NHL Entry draft in Miami Florida.

#9 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,955 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

As soon as I see Doug MacLean on my television I change the challenge. I think he has yelling confused for enthusiasm. I don't like getting yelled at through my TV. People who yell things generally do so because the content behind what they are saying generally isn't enough to get someone's attention.

Shiznak at his best: 

Considering their cap hit and age, I'd still take Bonino over Kesler. 

#10 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,993 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

But with the upcoming season cancellation, these guys are on thin ice.  Perhaps explains any 'realness' this heated radio talk.  Highly doubt it though.  Kyper and Dougie Mack in particular have had pretend fights forever now.

I saw this live and it didn't seem pretend to me. Kyper was totally insane crying about how little 4th line NHLers make. Boo frecking hoo they only make $400,000 grand a year.

Play Clash on Clans on your phone? Join the CDC Clan "happycanuck".

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#11 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,451 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Kipper is such a douche
Posted Image

#12 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,666 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

ya hockey central at noon has gotten so much better with these two fighting each other

#13 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,089 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

MacLean is an overbearing idiot. Not a big fan of either of these guys, but MacLean is extremely difficult to listen to, let alon take seriously. How did this guy ever land a GM position in the NHL?

#14 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,639 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

MacLean is an overbearing idiot. Not a big fan of either of these guys, but MacLean is extremely difficult to listen to, let alon take seriously. How did this guy ever land a GM position in the NHL?

BECAUSE HE STARTED TALKING LIKE THIS AND THE OWNER DECIDED TO GIVE HIM THE JOB JUST TO GET HIM TO SHUT UP

::D
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#15 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

ya hockey central at noon has gotten so much better with these two fighting each other

It's the most entertaining part of the show.

They do need to learn to listen to each other's argument's a bit more though, and actually take a look from there point of view rather than just constantly interrupting each other like they always do.

zackass.png

#16 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

i hate kipper
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.