Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gunner Garrison

iPhone 5 help

17 posts in this topic

Hey guys

I know people will be asking me why I bought an iPhone etc etc but yeah let's not start another one of those threads!

So I got the iPhone 5 2 days ago and already it says i've used 350 mb of data (out of 1gb)

How the hell did I manage to kill 350gb in 2 days? I barely even touched it!!

Call your service provider. They'll be able to tell you. I'm sure they'll provide you with more details, all we can do is guess.

Stefan, he's talking about his data plan, not how much space he has available on his iphone :)

Welp

Does having Siri on and not using it use up data? Or having LTE on and not using it use up data?

I'll call my provider as a last resort, probably later tonight

Welp

Does having Siri on and not using it use up data? Or having LTE on and not using it use up data?

I'll call my provider as a last resort, probably later tonight

No, Siri only uses Data if you ask it (her) to search something for you on the internet. Likewise, when idle, having LTE enabled does not use up any data.

Check to see what apps you have running in the background. Maybe you've done a lot of app downloading since you've just gotten your phone? How about any carry-over data used from a previous phone on the same plan? How about any iCloud back-ups from previous Apple devices?

Also, have you been watching any videos (i.e. on youtube) on your phone?

LTE uses up data much much faster, use 3G unless your wanting to do something like watch a video that you want to load fast. For stuff like CDC, twitter, facebook, 3G is enough. (Saves battery)

But go to Settings, Privacy, Location Services, I've turned them all off except Find my iPhone.

Mail, I turned fetch new data off, so it wont constantly be using up data checking if you got new mail.

All I have downloaded is Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Emoji and Flow (free game)

I did watch videos last night now that I think of it..... I thought I was on my wi-fi though, perhaps LTE was enabled

d'oh!! that might be the problem

AHHHHHH ok that clears it ALL up

I watched almost an hour of videos last night and LTE was enabled

oh god, now I know lol thank you

All I have downloaded is Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Emoji and Flow (free game)

I did watch videos last night now that I think of it..... I thought I was on my wi-fi though, perhaps LTE was enabled

d'oh!! that might be the problem

Well if I put the pieces together it's probably my videos from last night and the 4-5 apps I downloaded, all on LTE

Everything loaded fast so yeah. I'm not sure about the video quality because I didn't pay attention at the time

I had the same problem I used my gig already and my bill just reset at the 27 of November. iMessage uses up data if you didn't know that and also watching videos on your network will eat up data so fast. My bill was like 103 dollars because of my over usage of data but my mad skills of complaining got it all the way down to 61 even though my monthly plan is 65 a month lol.

I had the same problem I used my gig already and my bill just reset at the 27 of November. iMessage uses up data if you didn't know that and also watching videos on your network will eat up data so fast. My bill was like 103 dollars because of my over usage of data but my mad skills of complaining got it all the way down to 61 even though my monthly plan is 65 a month lol.

did you use maps with satellite imaging on? that would eat up a lot of data. make sure you download the ios updates too, they addressed an issue with wifi and cellular switching.