147 replies to this topic

#61 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,954 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

Sadly, it's a possibility. Pretty sure that family could get away with anything.

Care to put that in writing? .. B)

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#62 sam13371337

sam13371337

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

personally, out of this whole thing, what amazes me most is the absolutly vomit inducing obsession some people have with celebrity lives...

british royals
bieber
obama
jolie/pitt
tom cruise

are just a few that immidiatly come to mind...

poor lady got caught up in all that. From the hoards of people wanting to see whats going on, to the hostile reaction she probably recieved afterwards...

Edited by sam13371337, 08 December 2012 - 12:41 AM.

Fire MG

#63 CamTheCanuckFan

CamTheCanuckFan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

On the news it said the hospital didnt punish her. So i dont know why she would kill herself.

And she had two kids that are left behind. Its a tragic

seahd2.jpg

:towel: Thanks To VC For The Sig!  :towel:

#64 Butters Stoch

Butters Stoch

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

I just read the article and listened to the "prank call" (least funny prank call I've ever heard). Did I miss something? how did this cause the nurse to commit suicide?

sig by Malkin71

#65 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,954 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

personally, out of this whole thing, what amazes me most is the absolutly vomit inducing obsession some people have with celebrity lives...

british royals
bieber
obama
jolie/pitt
tom cruise

poor lady got caught up in all that. From the hoards of people wanting to see whats going on, to the hostile reaction she probably recieved afterwards...

Geez .. in my world, all the above folks are part of the side show .. especially Tom Cruise .. way off to the side ..

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#66 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

I still really dont get it. The DJs made a prank call claiming to be British royals, saying that they were going to come to the hospital and visit Kate, the nurse commits suicide?
Please let me know if I missed something. I've been up all night so I might have.

#67 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

I still really dont get it. The DJs made a prank call claiming to be British royals, saying that they were going to come to the hospital and visit Kate, the nurse commits suicide?
Please let me know if I missed something. I've been up all night so I might have.

Perhaps you should listen to the call before commenting?
http://www.cbc.ca/pl.../ID/2312833647/

The most basic rule of medical records confidentiality is that no information is disclosed to third parties without the specific consent of a patient and that medical records are only accessed by authorized persons for medical reasons.

The other day a B.C. health-care worker was fired after admitting to sneaking a peek at the personal health files of five Vancouver media personalities.
http://www.theprovin...l#axzz2EUKtqoZv

The privacy rights of medical records are accorded a high level of protection - as well they should.
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#68 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

Me either, totally don't understand. She got a hoax on a 911 call and killed herself? That's stupid.

This shows how stupid you people are that don't understand how it'd mess someone up. What fricking 911 call are you yapping about? Wow, idiots....Would you like to be humliated infront of millions and millions of people. Esp when it concerned the "Royals" and your job all at the same time!? Quit being so ignorant to how she got fooled, and was talking about a patient to a couple tools, whom of which had no right t ANY of her(Kate's) information, AND to the happenings after the call.

Edited by VancouverCanucksRock, 08 December 2012 - 12:31 PM.

Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#69 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 24,928 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

I bet if you made a simple mistake that humiliated you internationally, lost you your job, and infuriated your government authority, you'd likely off yourself too.

I have two kids, so I certainly would not. Where would that leave them?

And VCR, above ^....I think you should know the entire story...from what they're saying, she was a nurse who wasn't on switchboard who simply answered/transferred the call. I don't believe she was the one giving the info.

My point in this is that "stability" comes into question. Public humiliation does not trump the health and well being of your children so, despite how horrible this prank turned out to be, people are well within their rights to question her decision in this to end her life.

Thing is, she likely should have taken the time to answer to the call properly (vs hastily) when deciding to answer it at all. That prank should have been shut down before the point of entry.

Radio stations do this ALL the time...do I agree with it? - no. But, generally, the people on the other end do their job thoroughly and do the required security type checks before divulging information to people over the phone.

I'm not pointing a finger at anyone or letting anyone off the hook but, in my mind, it's an unfortunate series of events. Who could foresee this outcome?

If anyone saw the elevator prank, that one went WAY too far and this whole idiot mentality with pranks is now coming full circle. There are repercussions when you fool people in order to get a laugh. It's at their expense but could come back to bite you in the behind if that toll is too great.

Posted Image

#70 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,819 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

This shows how stupid you people are that don't understand how it'd mess someone up. What fricking 911 call are you yapping about? Wow, idiots....Would you like to be humliated infront of millions and millions of people. Esp when it concerned the "Royals" and your job all at the same time!? Quit being so ignorant to how she got fooled, and was talking about a patient to a couple tools, whom of which had no right t ANY of her(Kate's) information, AND to the happenings after the call.

Good job. Not everyone can insult virtually everyone in the thread, break board rules and come across as a condescending jerkoff, all in the space of a single paragraph.

Your mom must be so proud....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#71 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,819 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

I have two kids, so I certainly would not. Where would that leave them?

And VCR, above ^....I think you should know the entire story...from what they're saying, she was a nurse who wasn't on switchboard who simply answered/transferred the call. I don't believe she was the one giving the info.

My point in this is that "stability" comes into question. Public humiliation does not trump the health and well being of your children so, despite how horrible this prank turned out to be, people are well within their rights to question her decision in this to end her life.

Thing is, she likely should have taken the time to answer to the call properly (vs hastily) when deciding to answer it at all. That prank should have been shut down before the point of entry.

Radio stations do this ALL the time...do I agree with it? - no. But, generally, the people on the other end do their job thoroughly and do the required security typ

Amen Deb. I still don't believe that anyone would kill themselves and leave two children behind because they were embarrassed. There's more to this story as far as I'm concerned.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#72 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 32,617 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

It's not even the nurse that disclosed it. It's the one that answered and passed it off.

#73 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

Committing suicide is a very desperate act by people who are not thinking rationally.

That's what mental illness will do to you.
People who commit suicide are neither selfish, nor are they cowards, they simply may just not be in a stable enough mind to think about what may come afterwards, and are unable to convince themselves that things may get better.

I'm glad somebody ???? gets it, for crying out loud.

All of the people in here condemning those who commit suicides, have you really sat down and thought about it for a second?

These people are committing suicide. They are choosing to end their own lives because living has become so painful that they;'d rather die. Think about that for a second before you go judging them. Committing suicide is the most final decision anyone can make. Surely, the person's mental state is extremely fragile and volatile.

Nobody has ever said suicide is rational, but to sit here and think you know what's going on in someone's head is utterly unfair. Sure, it is extremely harmful and damaging to those who love and care for those people, I know, but at the same time, a little compassion doesn't hurt. You have to try and understand it from both sides, instead of condemning one side entirely.

This is exactly what you, and these other people are doing.

Edited by GLASSJAW, 08 December 2012 - 01:41 PM.

marge.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#74 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

http://en.wikipedia....Self-immolation

http://en.wikipedia....Trial_and_death

is virtually every case of assisted suicide a matter of irrationality and mental health deterioration? nope, nope, nope.

suicide isn't necessarily a "selfish act" (I mean, of course it is, in that all acts ARE selfish), but it's dismissive to talk about it like that.

it's also dismissive to say that all suicide cases are a matter of mental deterioration, desperation, irrationality, or because their lives are so painful they have no other choice.

sometimes suicide is just the right choice for a rational person to make.

marge.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#75 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,954 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hmmm .. empathy versus vacuous indifference? .. I prefer empathy ..

#76 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

The latest on the fall-out from the ill-considered prank.

It started out as a harmless joke, but ended in tragedy.

The sudden death of a nurse who unwittingly accepted a prank call to a London hospital about Prince William’s pregnant wife Kate has shocked Britain and Australia, and sparked an angry backlash Saturday from some who argue the DJs who carried out the hoax should be held responsible.

At first, the call by two irreverent Australian DJs posing as royals was picked up by news outlets around the world as an amusing anecdote about the royal pregnancy.

Some complained about the invasion of privacy, the hospital was embarrassed, and the radio presenters sheepishly apologized.

But the prank took a dark twist Friday with the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha, a 46-year-old mother of two, three days after she took the hoax call.

Police have not yet determined Saldanha’s cause of death, but people from London to Sydney have been making the assumption that she died because of stress from the call.

AUSSIE RADIO STATION CHASTISED

King Edward VII’s Hospital, where the former Kate Middleton was being treated for acute morning sickness this week, wrote a strongly worded letter to parent company Southern Cross Austereo, condemning the “truly appalling” hoax and urging it to take steps to ensure such an incident would never happen again.

“The immediate consequence of these premeditated and ill-considered actions was the humiliation of two dedicated and caring nurses who were simply doing their job tending to their patients,” the letter read.

“The longer-term consequence has been reported around the world and is, frankly, tragic beyond words.”

DJs SILENCED

DJs Mel Grieg and Michael Christian, who apologized Tuesday for the prank, took down their Twitter accounts after they were bombarded by thousands of abusive comments.

Rhys Holleran, CEO of the 2DayFM radio station’s parent company, Southern Cross Austereo, said the pair have been offered counselling and were taken off the air indefinitely.

No one could have foreseen the tragic consequences of the prank, he stressed.

“I spoke to both presenters early this morning and it’s fair to say they’re completely shattered,” Holleran told reporters Saturday.

“These people aren’t machines — they’re human beings,” he said. “We’re all affected by this.”

‘FIRST-CLASS NURSE’

Details about Saldanha have been trickling out since the duty nurse’s body was found at apartments provided by the private hospital, which has treated a line of royals before, including Prince Philip, who was hospitalized there in June for a bladder infection.

The nurse, who was originally from India, had lived with her partner Benedict Barboza and a teenage son and daughter in Bristol, in southwestern England, for the past nine years.

The hospital praised her as a “first-class nurse” who was well respected and popular among colleagues during her four years working there.

Just before dawn Tuesday, Saldanha was looking after her patients when the phone rang. A woman pretending to be Queen Elizabeth asked to speak to the duchess, and, believing the caller, Saldanha transferred the call to a fellow nurse caring for the duchess, who spoke to the two DJs about Kate’s condition live on air.

During the call — which was put online and later broadcast on news channels worldwide — Grieg mimicked the Britain’s monarch’s voice and asked about the duchess’s health. She was told Kate “hasn’t had any retching with me and she’s been sleeping on and off.”

Grieg and Christian, who pretended to be Prince Charles, also discussed with the nurse when they could travel to the hospital to check in on Kate.

NURSE NOT REPRIMANDED

Three days later, officers responding to reports that a woman was found unconscious discovered Saldanha, who was pronounced dead at the scene. Police didn’t release a cause of death, but said they didn’t find anything suspicious. A coroner will make a determination on the cause.

In the aftermath of Saldanha’s death, some speculated about whether the nurse was subject to pressure to resign or about to be punished for the mistake.

Royal officials said Prince William and Kate were “deeply saddened” but insisted that the palace had not complained about the hoax. King Edward VII’s Hospital also maintained that it did not reprimand Saldanha.

“We did not discipline the nurse in question. There were no plans to discipline her,” a hospital spokesman said. He declined to provide further details and did not respond to questions about the second nurse’s condition.

AUSTRALIAN REGULATORS WEIGH IN

The Australian Communications and Media Authority, which regulates radio broadcasting, said it has received complaints about the prank and is discussing the matter with the Sydney-based station, which yanked its Facebook page after it received thousands of angry comments.

Holleran, the radio executive, would not say who came up with the idea for the call. He only said that “these things are often done collaboratively.”

The station, 2DayFM, will work with authorities, he said, but he was confident it hadn’t broken any laws, noting that prank calls in radio have been happening “for decades.”

The station has a history of controversy, including a series of Heartless Hotline shows in which disadvantage people were offered a prize that could be taken away from them by listeners.

Saldanha’s family asked for privacy in a brief statement issued through London police.

Flowers were left outside the hospital’s nurse’s apartments, with one note reading: “Dear Jacintha, our thoughts are with you and your family. From all your fellow nurses, we bless your soul. God bless.”

Officials from St. James’s Palace have said the duchess is not yet 12 weeks pregnant. The child would be the first for her and William.

http://www.theprovince.com/life/royals/Royal+hoax+nurse+death+spark+angry+backlash/7672025/story.html#ixzz2EUoUXdEN

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

#77 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Impersonating the Queen and Prince Charles for monetary gain. Seems like fraud to me
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#78 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,690 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

So it is wrong to kill yourself, leaving others to live in pain for your own convenience, but it is perfectly okay to denounce suicide, and expect another to live in pain for your own convenience?

It is impossible to be selfish in this situation, because your life is yours and yours alone.

How hard is it to understand you are responsible for yourself. If you would feel sad if someone close to you dies, that is your problem, and is not their fault. It is like saying a girl has to marry you because you love her, and you would be sad if she rejected you. Too bad if you would be sad, she has every right to marry who she pleases. Same goes with living and dying, no one is required to live solely for your amusement, that is called slavery and we have moved past such despicable acts.

Could not have said it better myself. There is pain everywhere in the world. Someone thinking that you should live for their amusement or hapiness is so shallow and unneccesary. I also thought it quite unnerving that we are so un in control of our lives that legally we can't even end them. The epitomy of control. We are slaves.

Not sure where I got that 911 thing from, must have heard a couple crazy calls in the past and associated it. And Rupertkbd is right, You're kind of a nutjob sometimes. You think that was harsh, the royals, boo hoo, blah blah blah, that's hilarious. Anyone that thinks that she killed herself soley for that reason has never been depressed. Obviously she felt that she had no control in the world anymore and it was all closing in on her, to the point the world was laughing. I've seen these stories from time to time, I would never do that if I had younger children because then you do owe someone something.

What about the people who love you ?

You are welcome to your opinion , but it sounds to me like you have a very selfish , "it's all about ME" attitude.
a persons actions have consequences for their loved ones , have you ever had to organise a funeral for a loved one who took their life ? have you ever lowered the coffin of a loved one into their grave after they have taken their life ? I have , and these were some of the most painful experiences of my life

I reiterate taking your own life is a very selfish act.

Life itself is selfish. No one looks out for you more than you. Maybe she was tired of being selfish, tired of fighting.

Sorry you were so inconvenienced.

Edited by Dogbyte, 08 December 2012 - 04:40 PM.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#79 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,247 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

On the face of it, it seems selfish on her part, considering she has two kids to raise, but that's as far as I'm willing to go until there's more details. But that's just how I genuinely feel about this issue, which I should be entitled to feel immediately.

I should put a disclaimer on the following things I'm about to write. I am assuming some information based on what has been provided by the media which is most likely going to be biased and incorrect.

Regarding the above LostViking's post, it is very different if she is living alone with no dependents. The problem is that she has dependents and it looks like she chose to put her ego and what-not in front of the kids.

The kids now have to go through adoption which may or may not affect their development. She's a mother and she should know this better than anyone else. It seems she gave them up for herself. That or she was never a fit mother to begin with.

Would it matter if she abandoned her kids to live with another man? There's not that much of a difference.

Edited by Dazzle, 08 December 2012 - 04:40 PM.

Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#80 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 24,928 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

^^Again, in response to the comments above....when you become a parent, it's no longer about "you" and most put their children first. That's the issue for me.

I do have empathy and also understand that someone in that state likely is not making rational decisions or even is necessarily capable of doing so. But some are, and it's simply a reaction to get out of a desperate situation. When you have kids in the picture, you stand in there and fight...for them if not for you. And, if she was not mentally stable, why was she on the job, caring for others? We're so quick to forgive people and dismiss their actions as something they have no control over. That isn't always the case and, when kids are left behind to deal with this, it's unforgivable in my eyes. You're taking more than your own life at that point.

Another thing that jumps out at me is a question for Wet: they recorded the call - isn't that illegal?

And, lastly, this statement:

"The immediate consequence of these premeditated and ill-considered actions was the humiliation of two dedicated and caring nurses who were simply doing their job tending to their patients,” the letter read.

is slightly off. If they'd been doing their jobs (properly), a process of screening and verification would have taken place. That obviously did not happen. It wasn't the nurse's job to answer the call, but she did and that strayed outside her job. As much as these DJ's antics are in question, the fact that they were able to pull this off is equally of concern and needs to be examined. The hospital is covering their behind, but as has been suggested, medical information should not be so easily passed to others.

Posted Image

#81 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,153 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Just leave them alone. William lost his mother to paparazzi, he does not need his wife to become depressed when she is pregnant.

Ding Ding..........that's what's wrong with this scenario.............I hope the two purpetrators of this stupidity feel good about themselves.

#82 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,153 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

british royals
bieber
obama
jolie/pitt
tom cruise

or as few have commented on...........it might have something to dowith the tragic way that William lost his own mother. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

#83 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Good job. Not everyone can insult virtually everyone in the thread, break board rules and come across as a condescending jerkoff, all in the space of a single paragraph.

Your mom must be so proud....

I am proud, and that's all that matters. At least I have something called common sense. It's not my problem that you see nothing wrong with 30+ year olds acting like 14 year olds pranking people on the telephone, esp in such a situation

Edited by VancouverCanucksRock, 08 December 2012 - 07:19 PM.

#84 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,054 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

I hate pranks that embarrass people... can't they find a way to charge these turkeys? Mischief or manslaughter or anything, really. This topic has been bugging me for a few days now.

#85 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,106 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

Honestly, Is it really their fault she died?...this death should not even be connected together, who knows what really made her commit suicide..
Anyone that kills themselves over another human has major issues, I don't care who they are, your life is not worth it.
I don't feel bad for her at all, suicide is a selfish thing to do and people are over-reacting, think about it this way, if the same kind of phone call was to happen to someone with no celeb status would she still be alive? some people care too much about people with a 'status', Eff them, live YOUR life.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#86 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

Why are people bringing up Princess Diana's death, her idiotic driver who was drunk and speeding caused it, not the media. Just like they are not responsible for this nurse's suicide, if they prank called the nurse asking for a non-celebrity then this wouldn't have even been an issue. The public is just obsessed with celebrity, that's the problem.

#87 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,819 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

I am proud, and that's all that matters. At least I have something called common sense. It's not my problem that you see nothing wrong with 30+ year olds acting like 14 year olds pranking people on the telephone, esp in such a situation

Especially in what situation? A member of the royal family having morning sickness?

I'm not sure where you've been for the past 30 years or so, but radio station prank call have been going on for quite some time. They don't normally lead to tragedy and in my opinion, they didn't this time either.

People don't kill themselves, leaving two children behind because they felt embarrassed.There were obviously deep-seated issues in this woman's life prior to the prank call. That's "common sense".

BTW: There was nothing in your previous post to be "proud" about.

Edited by RUPERTKBD, 09 December 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#88 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

Honestly, Is it really their fault she died?...this death should not even be connected together, who knows what really made her commit suicide..
Anyone that kills themselves over another human has major issues, I don't care who they are, your life is not worth it.
I don't feel bad for her at all, suicide is a selfish thing to do and people are over-reacting, think about it this way, if the same kind of phone call was to happen to someone with no celeb status would she still be alive? some people care too much about people with a 'status', Eff them, live YOUR life.

As noted above:

Committing suicide is a very desperate act by people who are not thinking rationally.

That's what mental illness will do to you.
People who commit suicide are neither selfish, nor are they cowards, they simply may just not be in a stable enough mind to think about what may come afterwards, and are unable to convince themselves that things may get better.

#89 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Could not have said it better myself. There is pain everywhere in the world. Someone thinking that you should live for their amusement or hapiness is so shallow and unneccesary. I also thought it quite unnerving that we are so un in control of our lives that legally we can't even end them. The epitomy of control. We are slaves.

Not sure where I got that 911 thing from, must have heard a couple crazy calls in the past and associated it. And Rupertkbd is right, You're kind of a nutjob sometimes. You think that was harsh, the royals, boo hoo, blah blah blah, that's hilarious. Anyone that thinks that she killed herself soley for that reason has never been depressed. Obviously she felt that she had no control in the world anymore and it was all closing in on her, to the point the world was laughing. I've seen these stories from time to time, I would never do that if I had younger children because then you do owe someone something.

Life itself is selfish. No one looks out for you more than you. Maybe she was tired of being selfish, tired of fighting.

Sorry you were so inconvenienced.

You have obviously never loved anyone more than you love yourself , or had someone love you more than you love yourself .
My parents , my partner all look out for me more than i look out for myself and i certainly would give my life to save theirs .
And when my child enters this world in a few months time he/she will be the most important thing in my life .

And your attempt at mockery illustrates how self centred you are .

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#90 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,909 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Maybe it's time we all stop giving a damn about the Royals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.