The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Santa Fired for Telling Kid "Leafs Suck."

Fair enough. I just think there are already too many attempts to take the romance and naivety out of Christmas where children are concerned and as someone born in '45 I can safely say it's not doing any good.

PS I really don't mind the Leafs and as far as I'm concerned the sooner they are back near the top the better for hockey.

Maybe mommy took the "lumberjack" comment wrong. Maybe the kid was strong, huge and wearing lumberjack style clothes.

I can cut Santa slack, maybe he is a disgruntled Leaf fan. But yes he should have kept his mouth shut about that.

Oddly enough we have Easter with an Easter Bunny, but I don't see a guy in a bunny suit in stores. There's a tooth fairy, and I don't see a Tooth Fairy running around a dentist's office (Thank God). Maybe because Christmas is too commercial already. I'm all for happy children, but I'm sure the world won't end if Santa isn't in every mall in town. There was a Santa Paws at Bosley's this weekend. Yikes....

What's wrong with just waiting for Father Christmas to visit and bring presents? (No chimney's, no reindeer, etc.)

obviously he was wrong for acting that way and probably should be fired, but she sounds like a bit of a crazy mom. The kid probably had no clue who bunyan is and how many times does the phrase leafs suck get said in toronto a day? probably enough for the kid to hear it every so often.

She beefed up her story by saying he was inconsolable and cried the whole way home. I bet that was more to do with mommy (rightfully so) dragging her kid away from santa, who he'd been looking forward to seeing all week. Not because just realized the jacket he thought was hip and cool actually made him look like paul bunyan, coupled with an instant realization the toronto maple leafs dont win hockey games.

dont worry little buddy, if you were a good boy, santa just might bring you a luongo for christmas

'I caught mommy bitching at Santa Claus'

Anywho seems to be that the kid was probably more embarrassed at his mom making a scene then what Santa said. After all he would of started crying immediately after the comment, but his mom decided to be a total beehatch and probably scared her kid in the process. Two pretty harmless comments to get someone fired over, remember what goes around comes around Mary.

Archived