The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Santa Fired for Telling Kid "Leafs Suck."

TO Sun Dec 7, 2012. Mary Trent says she was shocked by the behaviour of the Lowe’s Toronto Christmas Market Santa Claus as her son approached him. After Santa arrived a half hour late for his appearance, he proceeded to insult the boy’s red plaid coat.

“The first thing he tells my son is, ‘Oh, you look like Paul Bunyan,’ ” she said. “Really? Is that appropriate?

“Then he said, ‘Oh, you’re wearing a Toronto Maple Leafs tuque, you shouldn’t be wearing that, they suck.’ At that point, I took my son and told him we should go, Santa isn’t being very good today.”

Trent said her son was inconsolable and cried all the way home to Mississauga.

Trent’s post prompted an online apology Thursday from the organizers via Facebook. Mathew Rosenblatt, creator of the European-style event, confirmed to the Toronto Sun that Saint Nick had been fired.

“The person that had spoken those words is no longer at the Toronto Christmas Market and will not be there in the future,” Rosenblatt said.

The kid may not have known that Santa isn't real, but he sure as hell already knew that the Leafs suck.

Even preschoolers know that.

If this boy didn't, Santa did him a favour and saved him a Christmas wish that would have been wasted on a pathetic Phil Kessel jersey - one he would have wound up throwing away in a year or two when he wised up a little.

What's the issue here?

Archived