The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Earphones (IEMs) and Headphones Fan Thread

Dazzle

Who's gonna go at 6am after watching the World Juniors to buy headphones?? I am!!! Definitely hitting up Best Buy and Futureshop to pick up some sweet deals

Why not just hit up the sales online tonight? Might not get them as quick but you don\t have to deal with any sort of lineups.

If anyone is looking for a quality pair of headphones get the Audio Technica ATH-M50s. They are the best headphones I have ever listened to, and only about 125$ on amazon. I tell you the crisp clear sound and thumping bass is extraordinary and have been reviewed to be better than beats pro (over 500$ headphones) The only bummer is that you probably have to get them shipped to the states. Long and Mcquade has the ATH-M30s last time i checked and they're just not the same. I assure you you won't be dissapointed!

If anyone is looking for a quality pair of headphones get the Audio Technica ATH-M50s. They are the best headphones I have ever listened to, and only about 125$ on amazon. I tell you the crisp clear sound and thumping bass is extraordinary and have been reviewed to be better than beats pro (over 500$ headphones) The only bummer is that you probably have to get them shipped to the states. Long and Mcquade has the ATH-M30s last time i checked and they're just not the same. I assure you you won't be dissapointed!

I really wanna try that. A lot of people have been saying its good.

But on Boxing Day, since I'm gonna be staying up till 6am anyways, I really wanna get this headphones.. Any good?

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/sennheiser-sennheiser-on-ear-sound-isolating-headphone-hd-439-black-hd-439/10199827.aspx?path=9e63ec9d6d7a421662401e75221b8ea4en02

They're supposed to be amazing. If they put any more up at that price, buy them. I got a pair last night, and the reviews are overwhelmingly positive

Don't buy because it says 100$ off, you could get them for >100 online. What you're looking at are some entry level senns which are great for the price! When you take em out of the box and start listening the sound may be a little unbalanced with ave low bass. Allow for 1 week+ of burn in and you will hear a warmer, more crisp sound. I'd also recommend an amplifier, a good brand thats reasonably priced is FiiO which will essentially give them more power.

Yeah, it wasn't so much the 100 OFF! that got me. They have another pair of Senns that are 125 off that almost got me because of the price reduction but appear to be legit terrible. These ones seem like an absolute treasure, I was choking a little sitting in the 'Online queue' to see if they still had it in stock when I got there lol.

Anyways, yeah I am crazy excited. Probably going to not even put them on until they get a week to burn, like you said, which is going to kill because I'm sure they won't make it here by Jan 1st. I might be looking at waiting 2 1/2-3 weeks before I get to really listen to them.

Although, the next logical step after this was to start looking at replacing all my favorite albums with Lossless. I'm also looking into a little pocket amp, but I'm not really one for loud, I'm more one for richness. But I guess even at a lower volume, it'll still make the lows standout. Ugh. More cost. I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

I see where you're coming from here. When I ordered my ATH-M50s I thought that they would sound terrible out of the box but I couldn't help myself i just had to try those puppies out. The first listen they were quite average but after listening to them for a while the bass started getting deeper and thumpier (if that's even a word) and the lows balanced out. Don't tease yourself by waiting, just try them out! I say the best burn is when you listen to the genre of music you usually listen to at the normal volume you listen to it at. And also about the amp, I found that i didnt really need the extra power, music was loud enough on my pc and ipod so no biggie there. So once again, from a music fan to another don't stress yourself out with burning in, just enjoy the music!

I looked at those and the reviews and am really tempted to buy them. I want a new pair, just don't know if I want one to listen around the house or a new pair for the gym or a pair for when I am just kicking a soccer ball around :(

Got a set of Klipsch Image s4i and Sennheiser HD 439s for a total of around $110 last night. Epic win.

Just ordered the 439's myself. Found a used pair on Amazon for $38 after shipping so I figured it was worth taking the gamble.

I would say the best use for the m50s is studio monitoring and/or home/office listening or mixing. They are pretty big and bulky but fit snugly on your head. A great option for working out would have to be the klipsch x7i. Portable, light, durable, and they have great sound. On sale at futureshop.ca for 100$: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/klipsch-klipsch-image-x7i-in-ear-headphones-black-imagex7ib/10218496.aspx?path=2fa5cb823051c1bc0289be5f378ec163en02

Archived