The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would you rather save the season, or fire Bettman?

Deets

Hockey Season OR Bettman's job?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you knew there was a way to resolve the CBA and get hockey started again but it ment Gary Bettman looks favourable in the eyes of the owners and continues his reign for years to come, would you let the season die to get Bettman fired?

Bettman is the puppet of the owners. Fire Bettman so we can just hire another Bettman? What does that solve?

Bettman works for the owners. Kids sitting behind their computers dont get a say in 'firing bettman' . Firing bettman means firing the owners. Dont see how you plan do to that?

Fehr is another story. He was brought in as a hired gun, and has done nothing but provide a permanent divide between the NHLPA and the ownership. He is not respected by the owners .

The NHLPA should go grow their own guy. A hockey guy. A guy who at least played in the AHL and preferably at least one NHL game. Take a guy like that , like MIke Gillis.

Gillis would be someone the ownership could respect. He is a hockey guy. He is someone who has been on both sides of the puck. He would be respected by both sides and could do a great job for the NHLPA.

There are others who could also become head of the NHLPA . Hockey guys who became GMs could then shift back to the players side as head of the union.

After all this is over, fire Fehr and start to recruit someone like that.

The Casual fan still think it's all Bettmans fault because they don't bother nor care about the actual process that is going on with the lockout. Bettman, himself took himself out of negotiations this week and the PA still manages to piss off the owners. The Owners themselves were furious of what had happened so how can you still blame Bettman when he wasn't even involved? He actually proposed that the Owners and Players meet. This is a really smart move on Bettman's part.

I've said it all along, and the above poster is right. You can fire Bettman all you want, all you are going to get is a replacement Bettman. Is it partially Bettman's fault that there is a lockout? Yeah, of course. Everyone is to blame, but the majority of people who actually follow the lockout have been on the Owner's side and after Bettman's "Performance" a couple days ago, it's hard not to be on his side. Fehr has been telling the Players that there is a deal in place but wants to hold out for more. The intelligent players are just going on his word, and thus there may be a voting process when it's all done.

Fehr will be finished after this, guaranteed. I even heard that he plans on retiring after this regardless, as if he is purposely screwing everyone over but it's fine. It's the players fault for not doing any research and just believing in this guy, who came close to destroying the MLB.

You know, when Don Cherry who has been so critical of Bettman for so long, is believing in Bettman. You know something is wrong.

Wait one more week, and we'll have a clear indication of how this is going, but from all that is being heard. The Players may decide on a vote, but then..they'll have to someway find a way to get the trust of the Owners for them to put the offer back on the table.

What the hell did the players do to deserve some of you moronic fans saying the players and Fehr are just as or even more responsible than Bettman and the Owners for this mess. Oh ya, that’s right they make enough money already, they’re GREEEEDY!!!!!

Who sets the salaries, the League, Bettman and the owners - see salary cap. Last I heard, Parise and Suter didn’t kick the doors down in Minnesota and demand the contracts they got, it was the owners who came-a-callin‘, wasn’t it? What’s the player to do when they’re made that kind of offer, TURN IT DOWN???? Yah sure, like any of us would turn down a good raise and company car because we‘re concerned about the potential negative impact it may have on a rival company we don’t work for.

The false-equivalence argument about how the player’s make enough money already so another roll-back is no big deal, look at what a cop or teacher makes. and of course those idiots who call in to sports radio with their “I work my tail off as a truck driver to make 60,000 a year and I’m tired of these winy players complaining about a roll-back when they make so much already.”

First, no-one is going to pay $100 to watch you drive a truck for 3 hours or spend $50 dollars for a ‘Honk if You’re Horny’ t-shirt like the one you’re wearing and secondly there are approximately 7.6 billion people on this planet, of those, how many can score over 40 goals a season in the NHL - how many can drive a truck?

Fans scapegoat the players for how much they make, then turn around and spend thousands of dollars on tickets, jerseys, beer, parking, or virtually any other item with their teams logo on it thereby increasing the teams revenue which of course increases the player’s salary. That’s right Mr. Fan you’re to blame for how much the player makes.

It boils down to the basic fact that some of you assign blame not to those in charge and who created the problem in the first place and who by the way are once again getting almost everything they want but instead to those who will likely cave in because they have little control and are the most vulnerable (the Players).

The players are standing on principle here and we as fans should be grateful, because if you think about it, if they cave in again one can only imagine what the next lock-out is going to be like 8 years down the road.

Note to Players

Dear Players,

I want my NHL hockey so quit being so selfish and greedy and just give the owners what they want.

Sincerely,

The Fans

PS

Luv u

What the hell did the players do to deserve some of you moronic fans saying the players and Fehr are just as or even more responsible than Bettman and the Owners for this mess. Oh ya, that’s right they make enough money already, they’re GREEEEDY!!!!!

Who sets the salaries, the League, Bettman and the owners - see salary cap. Last I heard, Parise and Suter didn’t kick the doors down in Minnesota and demand the contracts they got, it was the owners who came-a-callin‘, wasn’t it? What’s the player to do when they’re made that kind of offer, TURN IT DOWN???? Yah sure, like any of us would turn down a good raise and company car because we‘re concerned about the potential negative impact it may have on a rival company we don’t work for.

The false-equivalence argument about how the player’s make enough money already so another roll-back is no big deal, look at what a cop or teacher makes. and of course those idiots who call in to sports radio with their “I work my tail off as a truck driver to make 60,000 a year and I’m tired of these winy players complaining about a roll-back when they make so much already.”

First, no-one is going to pay $100 to watch you drive a truck for 3 hours or spend $50 dollars for a ‘Honk if You’re Horny’ t-shirt like the one you’re wearing and secondly there are approximately 7.6 billion people on this planet, of those, how many can score over 40 goals a season in the NHL - how many can drive a truck?

Fans scapegoat the players for how much they make, then turn around and spend thousands of dollars on tickets, jerseys, beer, parking, or virtually any other item with their teams logo on it thereby increasing the teams revenue which of course increases the player’s salary. That’s right Mr. Fan you’re to blame for how much the player makes.

It boils down to the basic fact that some of you assign blame not to those in charge and who created the problem in the first place and who by the way are once again getting almost everything they want but instead to those who will likely cave in because they have little control and are the most vulnerable (the Players).

The players are standing on principle here and we as fans should be grateful, because if you think about it, if they cave in again one can only imagine what the next lock-out is going to be like 8 years down the road.

Note to Players

Dear Players,

I want my NHL hockey so quit being so selfish and greedy and just give the owners what they want.

Sincerely,

The Fans

PS

Luv u

Archived