The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bring Back Terrible Threads!

BananaMash

After reading Scottish⑦Canuck's status update, he's completely correct about the constant spamming in the "game" (read as: LOL GUIES BOOST UR POST COUNT BY POSTIN NEXT) threads. The actual good threads get shoved down to the bottom because a select few members keep bumping every single "post one word" thread in Cultimultural Noise.

Either that or make CMN not count towards post count/limit and maybe the constant nonsense spamming will go away.

Do it! Do it! Do it!

Word Association is a fun thread. As a teacher, I challenge myself to post the best word I can, on most occasions, or, I try to be humorous. I don't see anything wrong with playing the game. Fun things are fun.

Also, who cares about post count and reputation and the like? It is part of the message board that we choose to frequent, so, why not just take it for what it is... A form of entertainment for thousands of Canuck's fanatics. Don't post in the threads you dislike and bump the ones you enjoy. It's not hard to do.

Have fun while you are here in CMN! It's an awesome thread!

I've been noticing this as well and it's been getting on my nerves a bit. My issue with it isn't the post count/reputation boosting, but the fact that the 1st page is nearly 3/4 (okay, I will concede that that's pushing it) game threads. As BM said, good threads end up getting pushed to the 2nd page much more quickly than they should be.

That said, if I'm correct, Terrible Threads didn't work out very well for CM last time. Threads that hadn't been posted in for like 3+ days were still on the 1st page of the board. There's a reason it did get changed back.

Word Association is a fun thread. As a teacher, I challenge myself to post the best word I can, on most occasions, or, I try to be humorous. I don't see anything wrong with playing the game. Fun things are fun.

Also, who cares about post count and reputation and the like? It is part of the message board that we choose to frequent, so, why not just take it for what it is... A form of entertainment for thousands of Canuck's fanatics. Don't post in the threads you dislike and bump the ones you enjoy. It's not hard to do.

wow. i kinda feel awkward at the moment. i post in threads i enjoy and do so multiple times a day. generally between classes when im just sitting here waiting for the next group. but not for rep or post count, its just passing the time.

i couldnt agree more with this:

The worst is when someone makes a decent thread that's worth reading, but it just got bumped to the second page because one of these Melvins just made a run through the terrible threads. You guys wondered why I worked so hard to get rid of them the first time...

Archived