The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockey Saturday

Dogbyte

Thank goodness for the NFL during this lockout!

I was never a big fan of the barely playing (12 min) in football but NFL football has grown into one of my favorite things in the world. It is terrific because all the games are on one day, except for the Monday nighter and the Thursday game, thanksgiving ... etc.

It is a lot of fun to bet on these games because they happen all at once and you can watch your bets unfold on Sunday. Now, I admit a rarely win, but that doesn't matter because I don't bet more than I can afford to lose. It's pure recreation, with a little beer thrown in, and jaeg.

So my proposal is why not a Saturday Hockey day where all teams play on Saturday. I know there are sheduling conflicts and such, concerts at night, etc., but do you think that could blossom into a big following like NFL?

The reason I ask this is because Saturday TV sucks, big time, for anyone that actually wakes up there is nothing on .. right? Even the American networks have little to provide on Saturdays, it's almost like people are busy or something. Could be an opportunity.

I haven't seen the numbers, but maybe you know. Do day games rate as high in viewership as night games? Even I occasionally like to pretend I have a life...

That might be a good strategy for getting weekend TV surfers to tune in, but personally I'd rather have games spread out throughout the weekend than having to just gorge myself on the weekends.

What channel is that on? (She says scratching her arm and professing she can stop any time she wants...)

That's because there isn't any programming on Saturday. I agree with you there!

It is a great sport. When you think about it, they're basically sitting on skates but without the ability to change their stance to increase stability.

Unfortunately, I missed that game, but I did find a college game on SCORE later. It was pretty good.

Archived