The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] GDT Wolves vs. Ice Hogs. 5 pm PST

DeNiro

The other issue when your affiliate is owned by someone else, they have different goals than the NHL does. The owners of the Wolves want to get in the playoffs because that's where the money is. The Canucks want young guys to get experience. So there is cross-purposes here. Ideally we should have a local AHL team, but I don't see Calgary selling off the Heat anytime soon. So unless the Aquillini's overpay to buy the club, don't hold your breath.

Maybe the Canucks can buy a struggling AHL franchise and move it to Seattle, or Portland or Oakland or something?

But short-term wise, I really think we need a new coach. Someone who's a good teacher as well as a strategist.

How the Wolves fare on the scoreboard doesn't matter in the slightest. There is no correlation (may even be inverse) between the performance of the farm and the parent clubs. But the almost total lack of high end forwards who consistently produce at this level is disturbing. Even the next most ready prospect, below farm level, is probably Corrado. Those who fancy Jansen should ask themselves if he would ever get an invite to team Canada.

We need offensive top line potential prospects in a bad way. Hope there is a first rounder coming our way in any Lou deal. Decent D men can apparently be had with 2nd round picks and later.

Hahahaha I thought he always has his mitts tied down too!

Also:

After watching this game I think if we end up with a pick in the 15-25 range from the draft lottery, we need to draft Nikita Zadorov. 6'5 230lbs Russian D-man who plays like a tank but can skate and play well offensively too. He would complement our prospect pool greatly and add toughness.

Darren Haydar has been a point a game or close to player every season in the AHL except this one. He just got his first goal tonight...

Tim MIller has been a 0.5 PPG player in the past two seasons before this one. Now he has 3 points in 16 games.

Derek Joslin has been a 0.5 PPG or close to player every season in the AHL until now. He has 2 points in 18 games.

Andrew Ebbett has been a PPG player or close to every season in the AHL until now. He has 10 points in 19 games.

And that's just the veterans that are struggling. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that something's wrong with the team chemistry, the coaches, the systems, or maybe all of them.

It's not a coincidence that all these veterans are struggling at once. This team is one of the lowest goal scoring teams in the league, and is almost dead last on the PP and PK. That comes down to coaching no matter what way you wanna slice it.

I'm glad Jensen can't play in the AHL right now, the Wolves are brutal right now and he's getting a lot better development in the SEL imo. Arniel is just terrible. He would just ruin Jensen like he is our other prospects, especially Kassian, wtf is going on with him, he needs to dominate this league.

While all of Canada's world junior boys are currently starring in junior hockey, Jensen is 8th in the SEL - the top league in Sweden and likely the 3rd best league in the world - in goals. As a rookie.

Yeah, he'd make Team Canada. And yes, he's a top, top prospect. You don't just waltz into the SEL, find yourself on the top line as a rookie getting 23 minutes a night, and be the 8th best goal scorer in that league, without being pretty damn good.

Archived