The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] GDT Wolves vs. Ice Hogs. 5 pm PST

DeNiro

Team as a whole, including Schroeder, just might not be all that great. Honest assessment. Thanks to our prospect pool being paper-thin.

Ice Hogs to Wolves are a good example of this. Not that the Pigs are awesome, but they are full of actual Hawks prospects. Wolves? Not so Canuck-heavy. Beyond Kassian there is no guaranteed NHL forward.

It's tough to take now because of all the sunshine blown up our butts from Gillis and Co. about prospect development.

The only more bloated and failed Canadian prospect development system is TO's. But even theirs might be better at this point. I would've included Cgy as well, but lately the Heat is doing a'ight.

How the Wolves fare on the scoreboard doesn't matter in the slightest. There is no correlation (may even be inverse) between the performance of the farm and the parent clubs. But the almost total lack of high end forwards who consistently produce at this level is disturbing. Even the next most ready prospect, below farm level, is probably Corrado. Those who fancy Jansen should ask themselves if he would ever get an invite to team Canada.

We need offensive top line potential prospects in a bad way. Hope there is a first rounder coming our way in any Lou deal. Decent D men can apparently be had with 2nd round picks and later.

But the almost total lack of high end forwards who consistently produce at this level is disturbing. Even the next most ready prospect, below farm level, is probably Corrado. Those who fancy Jansen should ask themselves if he would ever get an invite to team Canada.

Just watched the highlight package, and wow Hawks' affiliate is dirty as hell. Beach picking a fight with Sterling... talk about spineless, he's 6'4, Sterling 5'7, glad we didn't pick this 'tough' guy. Connauton got vengeance by destroying Morin, good on you K-Conn. Looked to me like Schroeder had 1st assist on the Haydar goal, not the second - I can't see how anyone could call Schroeder inconsistent when he's just about the only thing consistent for Wolves' forwards. Climie standing on his head again! Lack is going to have some competition.

I hate the Hawks even more now, Bollig, Shaw, Beach, Kruger, Morin... the list goes on of dirty players. Can't wait to see Keith or Kane get laid out, don't care who or which team does it. I hope the Canucks can snag Vandermeer as a depth D man, brings a physical edge we ultimately need.

Darren Haydar has been a point a game or close to player every season in the AHL except this one. He just got his first goal tonight...

Tim MIller has been a 0.5 PPG player in the past two seasons before this one. Now he has 3 points in 16 games.

Derek Joslin has been a 0.5 PPG or close to player every season in the AHL until now. He has 2 points in 18 games.

Andrew Ebbett has been a PPG player or close to every season in the AHL until now. He has 10 points in 19 games.

And that's just the veterans that are struggling. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that something's wrong with the team chemistry, the coaches, the systems, or maybe all of them.

It's not a coincidence that all these veterans are struggling at once. This team is one of the lowest goal scoring teams in the league, and is almost dead last on the PP and PK. That comes down to coaching no matter what way you wanna slice it.

at the time, I thought that bringing Arneil back was a good signing... But holy hell, the special teams and inability to hold onto ANY lead, reguardless of how big is extremely troubling.

Ive only watched about 6 of the games in full, and for the most part when Kassian isnt producing, he's still generating chances here and there, getting in scraps, and being noticable. Im not too sure what his icetime has been latley, but I do know that he's been lazy in the defensive zone, so as the poster above suggested, he might be focusing on that side of his game at the moment.

Really too bad we couldnt reel in Schultz.... I see Kadri with another 3 points last night aswell, giving him 21 in 21 games now... Funny how alot of Nuck fans dont think he's good enough retrun for Lui, Im on the side of the Leaf fans here.... They shouldnt trade the kid.

Reguarding Schroeder, I think he'll be an NHLer. I also think that he'd benefit huge from having more skilled players on his wings than what he's got in Chi town. He's just got that "something" when he winds up for a rush with that shiftiness. Potential to be a Cliff Ronning type center imo.... Well, maybe not as gifted offensivley as Cliffy...

Archived