The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Samsung Galaxy S4

Pouria

S4 users, I have a question about setting an alarm: how do you set off the alarm when the phone is off? I prefer to turn my phone off at night when sleeping, but the phone does not turn on automatically when the time is up. I have to leave the phone on the entire night or I'll miss my alarm. Any pointer is appreciated. Thanks!

S4 users, I have a question about setting an alarm: how do you set off the alarm when the phone is off? I prefer to turn my phone off at night when sleeping, but the phone does not turn on automatically when the time is up. I have to leave the phone on the entire night or I'll miss my alarm. Any pointer is appreciated. Thanks!

Yup, only problem Ive ever had is the battery life. I have had absolutely no other problems. And no matter how bad the battery actually is, I forgive my phone pretty quickly considering how great it is.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2251491

For any one whos curious about what else they can do with their s4.

If you find the animation that occurs when you switch to a different screen is too long. You can turn it off.

1. Go to settings>device>about>then click "Build Number" 7 times. **Warning** I am not aware of any cons to doing this, so just be warned.

2.Go to settings>developer options>turn off "Windows Animation Scale", "Transition Animation Scale" and "Animater Duration scale".

Its also explained in the article I provided.

So far, turning the animations off makes everything that much faster, I have noticed a difference.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2251491

Jelly Bean easter eggThe Jelly Bean easter egg has made it in the Samsung Galaxy S4. Go to Settings menu > About device and tap on the Android version number entry. You'll be transported to a screen with a picture of a giant jelly bean on it. Hold your finger down on said jelly bean and the screen will fill up with dozens of the blighters, which you can flick around. Pure joy.

According to reports, some of the major improvements in the firmware update include larger icons on the widget panels, software support for Bluetooth Low Energy, OpenGL ES 3.0 support for better gaming experiences, the stock Android 4.x gradient instead of the solid black background on the Galaxy S4 in settings and other places, and smoother UI navigation and faster transitions.

In addition, as noted by Xda Developers forum member Aerys, the Android 4.3 update also brings the infrared blaster, or IR blaster, support to the smartphones.

Here are some other new features that are expected to be included in the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware update:

- Android 4.3 adds built-in support for Bluetooth AVRCP 1.3, allowing apps to support richer interactions with remote streaming media devices.

- Android 4.3 extends the multiuser feature for tablets with restricted profiles, which allow tablet owners to quickly set up separate environments for each user, with the ability to manage finer-grained restrictions in the apps that are available in those environments.

- Android 4.3 includes the new “Dial pad autocomplete” feature, which just requires users to touch numbers or letters, and the dial pad will suggest phone numbers or names.

- Android 4.3 adds new developer options to help users analyze their app’s performance and pinpoint rendering issues on any device or emulator.

- Android 4.3 features a Wi-Fi scan-only mode, a new platform optimization, which lets users keep Wi-Fi scan on without connecting to a Wi-Fi network.

Archived