The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fox news caught reporting fake news of drivers under the influence of Cannabis

Tystick

On the one hand, Fox News is ridiculous and a complete joke, but we all knew that.

On the other hand, people really shouldn't drive when high, and it does happen all the time. It's not exactly some crazy conspiracy theory they made up here. They've done far worse.

Drove drunk. Drove stoned.

Can say without a doubt driving stoned was safer, but it was more of a nightmare because, unlike being drunk and driving, i cared a lot about how i was driving. Ultra-paranoid.

The worst thing about drinking drunk is not that it slows you down. It's that you don't give a crap about anything. Let the good times roll until you screw up.

Being stoned and having a couple-three, and then driving however, is not recommended. Not that either being drunk or high and then driving is, but the risks of screwing up increase quite a bit when you're stoned and popped a few.

The safest bet of course is to not do either while driving. I haven't been tempted to d&d for 7 yrs. I rarely have more than a couple-three. And i don't smoke weed anymore. Basically, i have more to lose now.

Its sad that the American's started legalizing pot before us, we have 75% of BC residents wanting it legalized. Yet any political party in office likes to hold Uncle Sam's balls.

Watch as more states legalize it, you will see BC legalize it, its a shame though we have to wait for the OK from down south.

I've toked and driven and drank and driven,although I recommend neither I think drinking and getting behind the wheel is way more dangerous.I think that one of the reasons pot isn't legal in B.C. Is because there is really no way to prove how impaired you are from THC as it remains in your system long after the effects of it wear off as was touched on in the video.

I'm one of the people who would t drive after I smoke my reaction speed is slower even I notice lol I'd rather not put someone in danger cause of me being high. Also some people can actually drive just as good after they had a good session unfortunately I'm not of those people I don't know why but I just trip out to much. But I can play video games so much better haha

I don't buy for a second that marijuana doesn't impair you. It definitely affects your driving in a negative way, its just that so many other things cause a very similar effect, like being tired.

What I would like to see is a study to determine the difference in cognitive abilities of a stoned person versus a tired person, as my guess is these two states would have the exact same level of mind-fog and that testers would have similar difficulty telling how stoned someone is as they would telling how tired someone is. I would like to see the differences/similarities between these two mental states.

I don't really mind if they decide to create laws to classify stoned people as impaired drivers, so long as they are consistent and also go after everyone else who is of the same level of impairment. As long as I'm allowed to show up at work in the morning with a Timmy's coffee in my hand (thus I must have driven to work tired) then I would argue stoners should be allowed to drive stoned. If stoners can't drive stoned, then I hope that anyone who doesn't get 8 hours of sleep the night before would also be barred from driving. Let's keep each other safe, but treat everyone equally while we do it.

I don't buy for a second that marijuana doesn't impair you. It definitely affects your driving in a negative way, its just that so many other things cause a very similar effect, like being tired.

What I would like to see is a study to determine the difference in cognitive abilities of a stoned person versus a tired person, as my guess is these two states would have the exact same level of mind-fog and that testers would have similar difficulty telling how stoned someone is as they would telling how tired someone is. I would like to see the differences/similarities between these two mental states.

I don't really mind if they decide to create laws to classify stoned people as impaired drivers, so long as they are consistent and also go after everyone else who is of the same level of impairment. As long as I'm allowed to show up at work in the morning with a Timmy's coffee in my hand (thus I must have driven to work tired) then I would argue stoners should be allowed to drive stoned. If stoners can't drive stoned, then I hope that anyone who doesn't get 8 hours of sleep the night before would also be barred from driving. Let's keep each other safe, but treat everyone equally while we do it.

Archived