3. Henrik Zetterberg

4. Ilya Kovalchuk

5. Loui Eriksson

6. Patrik Elias

7. Jamie Benn

8. Thomas Vanek

9. Ray Whitney

10. Rick Nash

Two out of four of sources say that Nash is a LW, and the other two say he's a RW. I'll just use LW for convenience here.

Three out of four sources say that Zetterberg is a LW and the other one (Wikipedia) says he's a Centre/LW.

The Oilers are one of the worst teams in the NHL, please don't use the Hall's numbers are good becuase of his linemates arguement. If we go down that road I could say "I'm sure Hall would have liked to play with Jeff Carter most of the year too". Or based on this logic Nash's numbers should go way up now that he's with the Rangers playing with either Gaborick, Richards and/or Callahan.

1. Daniel Sedin

2. Alex Ovechkin

3. Henrik Zetterberg

4. Ilya Kovalchuk

5. Loui Eriksson

6. Patrik Elias

7. Jamie Benn

8. Thomas Vanek

9. Ray Whitney

10. Rick Nash

Two out of four of sources say that Nash is a LW, and the other two say he's a RW. I'll just use LW for convenience here.

Three out of four sources say that Zetterberg is a LW and the other one (Wikipedia) says he's a Centre/LW.

The Nash argument could be made, as I based this list fairly heavily on statistics and we all know Nash is better than his statistics show. As a matter of fact, if I had based it purely off stats, he probably wouldn't even be on the list.

As for Elias, I believe his position is legitimate because, although he's not a dominant player, he's consistently good. He's only had less than 20 goals twice since the lockout and both were because of injuries.

He faltered a little in 2010-11, but brought his game right back up last year with second most assists of his career, 52 and 78 points. Despite his age, he seems to be keeping up. Reminds me a little of Ray Whitney actually.

Assuming the 45+ goal season thing is referring to Ovechkin (couldn't see who else :P), personally I based my list on primarily recent times, therefore Ovie doesn't rank nearly as high as he usually would.

For me, in this list, I am ranking the best current left wings, not the left winger with the best career to date.

I'd still rate Ovie #1.

What doesn't he do? The only thing he's not very good at is playing defense, but that's not really a big factor esp. when youre simply paid to score goals. He's physical, he can hit, he can pretty much do it all.

Best shot in the league too. Backstrom's injury really screwed him over this year, he'll bounce back next year.

Archived