The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The War on Christmas is Over... Christmas Won but only In Canada, Pity

Wetcoaster

'Retire' like you, you mean?

No wonder you wouldn't miss him, he had your number. :lol:

We do seem to have a number of atheists expressing their opinions here and in other threads. Fortunately most people in this thread seem to agree that being with family and loved ones on a special day in December isn't necessarily a bad thing. :)

It doesn't matter what anyone labels the holiday, I will still be drinking Rum Nogs in a sweater that would give an avid gamer an epileptic seizure while cheering the Canadian Juniors on to victory. IMO, Christmas has NOTHING to do with any religion, it has to do with having fun with loved ones.

It doesn't matter what anyone labels the holiday, I will still be drinking Rum Nogs in a sweater that would give an avid gamer an epileptic seizure while cheering the Canadian Juniors on to victory. IMO, Christmas has NOTHING to do with any religion, it has to do with having fun with loved ones.

For me, the only time when I get offended is when someone gawffs at me for not celebrating xmas and then tries to tell me that Canada is a xtian nation. I have no problem with people saying merry xmas to me, or people putting decorations up in their cubicle, but I would love to just once experience someone in person not giving me a lecture, or looking at me like some kind of freak for not buying in to the whole xmas deal. When I go home for the holidays with my wife we partake in all the festivities, we don't scrooge the party. But when we stay home, which we are this year, we drink our Coeur des Bois and hot chocolates, eat amazing food, and we buy ourselves new PJ's and slippers, that's it. No decorations of any sort, just holiday food, drink, and fun.

Archived